• Stephen Warnock
    • Ashley Young
    • Stiliyan Petrov
    • James Milner
    • Stewart Downing
    • Emile Heskey
    • Gabby Agbonlahor
    • John Carew (on for Cuellar)

30 seconds in when the bloke behind us said 'sit down, I didnt spend 70 quid to stand up' I knew it was going to be shit, apart from behind the goal which was bouncing it was dead, left it all in the pubs, worse thing of the day though - leaving wembley straight after the whistle and seeing utd fans outside, deserved a shoeing

30 seconds in when the bloke behind us said 'sit down, I didnt spend 70 quid to stand up' I knew it was going to be shit, apart from behind the goal which was bouncing it was dead, left it all in the pubs, worse thing of the day though - leaving wembley straight after the whistle and seeing utd fans outside, deserved a shoeing

If someone said that to me Id have told them to **** off. I had people around me leaving at 90 minutes.

What the **** is wrong with people?

twas a good day out in all. Great atmosphere before the game. Villa fans were jumping around everywhere. Good times.

Wembley... we yes its big but to me was slightly dissapointing on the outside and inner concourse bit, couldnt get a program as they were sold out, food ridiculously priced. My seat was fantastic though and the pitch and view was fantastic.

The build up was good aswell, slightly cheesey maybe....

We started great, got the early goal, then ref obviously pissed yhis pants in the presence of fergie and turned against us.

We played decent in patches but Cuellar at RB really holds us back attacking wise. We stood off Man Utd too often, we played well but really it could have been 4-1 with the efforts that hit the post.

Man Utds equaliser killed some of the atmosphere in the ground for me, also not helped by the muppett stewards screaming at people to sit down for the first 20 mins or so.

Cant see us getting 4th, the fa cup though is another final though within touching distance.

Haven't read the thread but just for posterity here's my thoughts:

Couldn't really have put out a stronger team, MON did all the right things, we had a bad ref decision and a couple of players didn't play as well as they do normally. On another day Dunne's excellent recovering challenge would have fallen at the feet of a Villa player, Vidic would have been sent off, warnock wouldn't have slipped and we may well have won - all things that are down to chance and not really because we're not good enough. Other than that I was proud we made it to the final and I'm convinced we're heading in the right direction.

I had people around me leaving at 90 minutes.

What the **** is wrong with people?

Are you serious? - we had lost - the idea of watching Man Utd (aka Norwich, aka Delia's boys) and their bunch of violent, scum fans celebrating (along with Mr P. Dowd - aka Red Phil) was not one that that made the idea of hanging around that soulless stadium for 1 minute more than we should have done.

I had one Delia fan next to me at the station who would not shut the hell up, so just kept telling the fool to go and join his own fans and celebrate. Then there was one United fan with his bird giving it the big i am asking why can't we accept we lost! I was like i have accepted that we've lost and just getting on the train you muppet. Seriously there fans aren't the brightest sparks. Also on a sidenote what the hell happened at Wembley Park Station, were on platform 2 and next minute they tell us to go to 1, which was absolute mayhem, Police talk about preventing trouble but then turn it into a Royal Rumble.

warnock wouldn't have slipped and we may well have won

warnocks slip was when they hit the post at the end of the 45th minute ... wasn't it ?

Indeed. In fairness to him though the pitch was very slippery and in a poor condition. His tackle on Valencia in the first half when he caught up with him was brilliant.

I think the occasion got to us, Utd are used to being in finals and it told. We looked very shakey at times, and gave them far too much room to play.

For a team that relys heavily on its wingers, it's essential they have a good game, ours never. Ash made love with the floor at every given opportunity and Downing can't take on a man for toffee.

Rooney. A one word sentence because I don't need to say any more.

warnocks slip was when they hit the post at the end of the 45th minute ... wasn't it ?

Indeed. In fairness to him though the pitch was very slippery and in a poor condition. His tackle on Valencia in the first half when he caught up with him was brilliant.

the pitch was absolutely dire! during Valencia's run that you refer to the ball kept jumping about a foot off the surface. not good enough really - then again they probly used it for american football/rugby league/car racing during the week :shock:

According to the Daily Fail if yesterday was Warnock's audition for England's left back he "fluffed his lines". I thought Warnock had a fine game but the paper decided to give most of our players 6/10.

I thought that our back 4 looked very nervous (compared to their usual high standards). Apart from that I felt we shaded the first half and looked as good as I have ever seen us against a Man U side who were there for the taking. Only change I would have made was to start with Luke at RB - I can't see the logic of playing a CB at RB when we have one of the best RBs in the league.

The referee was obviously poor and, if Vidic had gone as he should (either for the penalty or for, what should have been, a second yellow), it could have been a very different game.

I thought the second half we ran out of ideas and stamina. Stan's legs had gone and Heskey was dropping deeper where, IMO, he is just not as effective as , say, Delph. Once they had scored Fergie went 4-5-1 and killed the game - lesson for MON methinks when we are a goal up with 20 mins or so left. I thought MON's subs were pathetic - too late and Carew for Cuellar left us shapeless with the players not quite knowing what they were doing.

the pitch was absolutely dire! during Valencia's run that you refer to the ball kept jumping about a foot off the surface. not good enough really - then again they probly used it for american football/rugby league/car racing during the week :shock:

When they interviewed Dion on SSN before the match they showed that they had a giant plastic tent covering the pitch. This was because of the torrential rain in London over the weekend. They also had blowers on it beforehand to try and keep it dry. I'm guessing this didn't have the desired effect.

Now that the dust has settled.

Yesterday was typical of our season.

MON needs to select his best back 4. If that means 'upsetting' Collins (my choice for the drop) or Cuellar, so be it. Cuellar is not a right back.

For all of his industry Petrov is a very one dimensional player. I do not recall him playing the ball forward once yesterday, instead relying on the limited passing talents of our central defenders to do the midfields job for them.

Ashley Young isn't doing it and hasn't been doing it, and should be dropped or at least substituted.

MON had Delph on the bench, someone who was worth a second half punt in order to try to unlock Manure and get some penetration. As it was in the second half we did nothing (not for the first time this season)

Phil Dowd wasn't the reason that we lost yesterday, our general lack of creativity and tactical ability was.

So what was everyones seat like?

The view was good (in block P) but was a little disappointed to be very back row considering I had not paid the cheapest amount (£54).

Did speak to Tony Daley at half time, great bloke with a good out look for the Villa, summed up the game well. Wish him all the best at Wolves.

I was over the UTD side but in the Club wembley seats, (padded, arm rests etc) was on row 7 so at the back of first little tear which meant i could stand most of the game and had a great view across to the villa boys.

Was about 70/30 UTD to villa around us so me and the few lads next to me got a few songs going to join with the main Villa across the pitch.

Paid £85 so nay bad imo, the concourse bit in the CW things was noice