• Stephen Warnock
    • Ashley Young
    • Stiliyan Petrov
    • James Milner
    • Stewart Downing
    • Emile Heskey
    • Gabby Agbonlahor
    • John Carew (on for Cuellar)

Shut up marcotti, you fat shit. Those also stuck in the wembley car park listening to 5live will understand.
What did he say?

Implied that oneill is overrated and that his teams have never been able to play football.

O'Neill overrated? He hardly gets any recognition despite being one of the best managers in the league.

Shut up marcotti, you fat shit. Those also stuck in the wembley car park listening to 5live will understand.
What did he say?

Implied that oneill is overrated and that his teams have never been able to play football.

O'Neill overrated? He hardly gets any recognition despite being one of the best managers in the league.

By the press and this board alike.

I can't believe the reaction on here :o I am gutted like all Villa fans; but the lads and coaching staff have been brilliant in this competition. Next week is the perfect opportunity to put things right and shut up the Media. UTV

TBF we were beaten by a better team, we had no end product and lady luck was noton our side. I don't think we played as well as we could have but then again it is the first final for the lads so it was exspected. May there be many more finals to come! I just hope that this is not the start of a crap run of form and we can progress in the FA Cup.

Up the Villa!!

Friedel 6 - One outstanding save, could argue his feet could have been better for the goal

Cuellar 3 - Completely unsure and offered nothing going forwrad. Why was Young not brought on earlier?

Warnock 4 - Out of his depth. Played himself off plane to South Africa

Dunne 4 - His error had huge baring on the result, should have scored at the death

Collins 5 - Brave display but got loose on Rooney for goal (that's being harsh)

Downing 6 - At times looked good in 1st half, lacks consistent quality though.

Petrov 8 - Excellent display, top class performer.

Milner 8 - Booked seat to SA, great man to have in your team.

Young 7 - Looked dangerous at times but needs to STOP diving, its doesnt help us.

Gabby 9 - Outstanding, booked seat to SA for me. He did the job of 2 men

Heskey 2 - Can't even hold the ball up for us which is what he is allegedly good at! Dire

Phil Dowd 0 - Basic decision he is paid to get right totally wrong. Completely inept. 1st MU player booked after 40 minutes?

A bit harsh, but I think your right about Heskey though. Awful player, the sooner hes out the club, the better. When you have calmed down and had a chance to think about things properly, you will realise Warnock and Dunne played well.

Milner is so far above anyone in the squad in terms of quality, I hope he doesnt start to think ''I'm too good for this lot, I want to play in a team where the players are as good as me and thus further my carreer more'', just like Dwight Yorke in 98.

Just got to say I thought we played really well, Gabby looked up fro it and so did Heskey. The reason we lost where that United where slightly better, we made one mistake and the ref made several.

I would not of minded if Vidic was sent off and we played the same and lost it is just it was such an obvious red card and maybe the game would of been different.

But could not fault the effort from everyone.

I expect effort, it's a cup final... I thought too many players shirked responsibility today, only petrov and milner looked comfy on the ball.

Hopfully they'll show more bottle next time we're at wembley

Just back from Wembley.

Pre match was absolutely brilliant. It was mobbed with Villa all down the Harrow Road, everyone having a great time and not a glory hunter to be seen.

As for the game. Don't think we were nearly as bad as some have suggested. From where I was stood couldn't see whether Gabby was through on goal but was amazed no one was booked for the foul that led to the pen. Dowd generally was a grade A prick - seemed determined not to book any Utd players whilst waving yellows at us with gay abandon.

I thought first half was pretty even but second half Man U bossed things and thoroughly deserved their win.

Lessons to be learned. Full backs have to offer an attacking outlet. Carlos is not a right back. We were much more productive after he went off. MON should play Luke and decide between Carlos and Collins at CH. Our forwards worked their socks off but don't carry enough of a goal threat. Ashley needs to be stronger when attacking full backs.

Every result has gone against us this weekend but no reason for the season to come crashing to a halt. A win against Reading and we're back at Wembley. That should give us impetus for the winnable league games to come.

This season, referees have got worse. I know its a hard job. They can't see everything and the game moves fast. But if you give a penalty, you HAVE to give a red card. We lost today to a world class player and a very poor referee. I'm proud to be a Villa fan. I'd be ashamed if I was a utd fan.

Disappointed but proud. I saw someone earlier suggesting a clear out.. what a load of complete bollocks. The luck didn't fall for us today in every sense of the word from the sending off that wasn't to Dunne's tackle setting up Owen and we were undone by a bit of class in the end. The experience will stand us in good stead, the nucleus of the squad is young and it's nice to be back at the pinnacle.. over 150 countries watched this today.. it's about time we were back. In terms of true success, we are very nearly there.

Disappointed but proud. I saw someone earlier suggesting a clear out.. what a load of complete bollocks. The luck didn't fall for us today in every sense of the word from the sending off that wasn't to Dunne's tackle setting up Owen and we were undone by a bit of class in the end. The experience will stand us in good stead, the nucleus of the squad is young and it's nice to be back at the pinnacle.. over 150 countries watched this today.. it's about time we were back. In terms of true success, we are very nearly there.

Good post mate :D

First off I'd just like to ask, why were we playing in white and not claret and blue?

We reached the final first so in theory we should be the "home" team and yet we had to wear away while Manure get to wear home kit?

Is it yet another example of the officials pandering and licking the balls of the "mighty holy Manchester United" and worshipping them or is there a rule or procedure I don't know off?

Just got back in, i still enjoyed the day. Even though i almost got arrested before the game after getting court up in a skirmish that was nothing to do with us.

Im not going to talk about what should have been a red card.

Friedel - 7. Didn't have a bad day, made 1 very good save.

Cuellar - 4. Can't cross. We should have played Luke today, we wasn't playing Blackburn, Stoke or Blues, where his hight comes in useful.

Dunne - 3. His mistake cost us big time. We had started off really well and were 1-0 up, it cost us more than the lead.

Collins - 5. Won most in the air, but looked shaky.

Warnock - 7. Was by far our best defender.

Young - 5. Didn't turn up today.#

Petrov - 6. I thought he was a little quite in the first half.

Milner - 8. I thought he ran the show. Always on the ball or looking for the ball. Worked his socks off.

Downing -5. Why can't he cross???

Heskey - 6. I thought he was ok, but as usual offed little goal threat.

Gabby - 8.5 MOTM. Worked tirelessly held the ball up well, pretty much bullied Vidich.

This season, referees have got worse. I know its a hard job. They can't see everything and the game moves fast. But if you give a penalty, you HAVE to give a red card. We lost today to a world class player and a very poor referee. I'm proud to be a Villa fan. I'd be ashamed if I was a utd fan.

This x 1,000.

Excellent post sir.