• Stephen Warnock
    • Ashley Young
    • Stiliyan Petrov
    • James Milner
    • Stewart Downing
    • Emile Heskey
    • Gabby Agbonlahor
    • John Carew (on for Cuellar)

I was over the UTD side but in the Club wembley seats, (padded, arm rests etc) was on row 7 so at the back of first little tear which meant i could stand most of the game and had a great view across to the villa boys.

Was about 70/30 UTD to villa around us so me and the few lads next to me got a few songs going to join with the main Villa across the pitch.

Paid £85 so nay bad imo, the concourse bit in the CW things was noice

I met Curbishly and Carlton Palmer whose a top bloke by the way, his son's a Villa fan. Asked him what happened when Ron tried to sign him, he said it was all going to happen then Leeds came in, i said that was lucky then lol he laughed.

Got to agree on the facilities, the chicken and chips at £8.50 was awful and took an age to get served by people that couldnt speak english (according to my mate, he actually queued and got the food whilst I fethced the programs). It is an over-rated ground with no preparation for transporting or facilitating its capacity of football fans, no bad traffic on the later A40 or M40 so couldnt understand why it took 3hrs to away from Wembley.

The food at villa park is a cut above and its hardly top notch! Considering the ground has twice the capacity it seems to have 3/4 times the problems you might bemoan at VP. For a ground of its stature in an area used to transporting more people every day than in all of Scotland it seems bad that 80k people get stuck so badly.

Though I must say I didnt really give a shit about the state of affairs at the time, that was the last thing on my mind as it was all about Villa and its fans and that was near on perfect right up until the final whistle. Great experience and great performane from the fans.

Hopefully the one thing to come out of this now is final experience for the lads, we dont seem to have a team who were prepared for the big occasion. Unlikely people making out of sorts mistakes can definitely be attributed to nerves / pressure.

We will hopefully have a team that will see the error of their ways in terms of going about the occasion and be stronger for the next one, right some wrongs and all that :)

Dowd was a **** DISGRACE. I found it hilarious how he didn't he even book that pyscho Serb at the least when he brought down Gabby but was booking Collins and Cuellar just a few minutes later for nothing fouls. Not sending off Vidic proved to be a MATCH CHANGING DECISION and just as it normally does, it worked in the cheating mancs favour. I'm quite confident we would of won the match if Vidic had should of been rightly sent off... I know it was very early on in the game and that it might have spoilt the game etc... but rules are rules and if Vidic did the same thing 10 minutes later he would of been sent off. Not just that too; Dowd wasn't booking any manc players when they were constantly comitting fouls but didn't mind booking all our players.

btw I knew I was right now when I told myself and others we should have gone 4-5-1... we weren't competitive enough in midfield and it was evident in the 2nd half... you're always going to be taking a risk if you play 4-4-2 against a great team. So yeah, Martin got his tactics wrong again. oh yeah, I THINK IT'S SO **** OBVIOUS NOW WE NEED TO BUY A TOP STRIKER FROM OUTSIDE BRITAIN... WAKE UP MARTIN lol.

P.S WHY THE **** DID MARTIN NOT TAKE OFF PETROV WHEN HE WAS LOOKING TIRED? HE NEVER TAKES OFF PETROV. Should of put Delph on.

Phil Dowd = Man Utd Man of the match.

I had people around me leaving at 90 minutes.

What the **** is wrong with people?

Are you serious? - we had lost - the idea of watching Man Utd (aka Norwich, aka Delia's boys) and their bunch of violent, scum fans celebrating (along with Mr P. Dowd - aka Red Phil) was not one that that made the idea of hanging around that soulless stadium for 1 minute more than we should have done.

I'm with you Drat

I also left at the final whistle (cant see a problem with that, didnt want to see those words removed celebrating) and was amazed how many Plastics were outside as well, considering they were about to lift the trophy

I had people around me leaving at 90 minutes.

What the **** is wrong with people?

Are you serious? - we had lost - the idea of watching Man Utd (aka Norwich, aka Delia's boys) and their bunch of violent, scum fans celebrating (along with Mr P. Dowd - aka Red Phil) was not one that that made the idea of hanging around that soulless stadium for 1 minute more than we should have done.

I'm with you Drat

I also left at the final whistle (cant see a problem with that, didnt want to see those words removed celebrating) and was amazed how many Plastics were outside as well, considering they were about to lift the trophy

I think (not sure) you to have misunderstood his point. I think he meant people were leaving before the 4 additional minutes (as in leaving 4 minutes before the final whistle). Someone near me did this. Waste of a ticket IMO.

amazed how many Plastics were outside as well, considering they were about to lift the trophy
Well it didn't mean much to them did it? I watched it on TV and when Evra lifted the cup the Manure fans all looked like they were just standing there letting out a few pathetic cheers.

Anyone else would've at least shown a bit of enthusiasm.

you cant get away with plodding through games against man utd. it alright to play for 20 mins out of the 90 vs. teams like burnley, but certainly not against man utd

the better team won imo.

that said, how vidic didnt get sent off i will never know

I think (not sure) you to have misunderstood his point. I think he meant people were leaving before the 4 additional minutes (as in leaving 4 minutes before the final whistle). Someone near me did this. Waste of a ticket IMO.

In that case yes, very stupid. Its not as if anyone gets away from Shit Hole Wembley quickly

My brain is too fried to say much about the game at the moment but i'd just like to say that it was a top day out, the atmosphere in the Greyhound was cracking and we did ourselves proud.

Did anyone see the plank who started on the asian united fan with a flag? At first he gave the lad a clip round the ear hole with a programme and at the time i thought "fair play he's a united word removed", then him and his mates proceded to kick and chase the kid all the way down the road until me and another villa lad intervened to help the United boy get away. This one plank then goes to us "but he's a Paki bastard" at which point another Villa lad went to knock the planks head off. All very unsavoury. I'm not a big critic of football violence but the fact that this seemed racially motivated and aimed at a lad all on his own took the piss.

My brain is too fried to say much about the game at the moment but i'd just like to say that it was a top day out, the atmosphere in the Greyhound was cracking and we did ourselves proud.

Did anyone see the plank who started on the asian united fan with a flag? At first he gave the lad a clip round the ear hole with a programme and at the time i thought "fair play he's a united word removed", then him and his mates proceded to kick and chase the kid all the way down the road until me and another villa lad intervened to help the United boy get away. This one plank then goes to us "but he's a Paki bastard" at which point another Villa lad went to knock the planks head off. All very unsavoury. I'm not a big critic of football violence but the fact that this seemed racially motivated and aimed at a lad all on his own took the piss.

Do all of your posts have to include something about a white person beating up a black/asian person or the BNP?

the better team won imo.

Vidic broke the laws of 'the game' they are supposed to be adhered to, not overlooked when it suits. Fact, Vidic should have received a red card, even if he did not a yellow would have changed the game he would have be less affective and chances are we would have had more chances. I do believe he would have received a second yellow and been sent off any how.

Lets remember the laws of the game are part of the game, if you can't stick to them then the punishment is part of the game, to ignore this is naive, IMO.

Alex Ferguson, Mourinho, Wenger...... all know the importance of playing the ref. Its a hollow victory for Man U and a soul destroying defeat for us and more importantly the game of football.

Do all of your posts have to include something about a white person beating up a black/asian person or the BNP?

Jesus mate, he's just saying what he saw.

Not the place for it though, is it?

Everytime he posts it includes something about race, give it a rest!

As a Utd fan has just said, if Vidic had been sent off like he should have been, it probably would have been Owen who would have been subbed for the Sub defender that they would have had to bring on.

Dowd and his inability to do his job without the need to cheat had the biggest impact on the match.

When we played them in 94 and Kanchelski's was sent off, the ref at the time said quite rightly that he had to go even though it was near the end of the match and in a cup final, as he had no way in knowing what the impact would have been if he remained on the pitch and more simply its the rules that its a red card. Dowd is a cheat and a coward, a gutless **** who let Fergusson **** with him and win. Dowd has no place in the game any more as his impartiality and ability have been shown up.

Not the place for it though, is it?

Everytime he posts it includes something about race, give it a rest!

No mate they don't. Keep your **** hair on.

Anyone see the rendition "shoes off if you love Villa" in the Greyhound? Quality!

There you go CastleBromVilla, not one mention of race :D

Almost forgot to say, a friend of a friend didn't even have to pay for a ticket, he just walked straight in underneath the turnstiles!