• Stephen Warnock
    • Ashley Young
    • Stiliyan Petrov
    • James Milner
    • Stewart Downing
    • Emile Heskey
    • Gabby Agbonlahor
    • John Carew (on for Cuellar)

Alright lads, as a United fan, I'd like to say tough luck to ye all. ATM, I think everybody is expecting big things from MON and his men and rightly so... Ye have all the ingredients to be a great side. Maybe, the addition of a world class goalscorer and centre midfielder alongside Milner and ye could even become darkhorses for the Prem....

Anyways, as for the game today, I think we were deserved winners. The combination play between Berbatov-Valencia and Rooney was just too much for ye to handle... But, I do acknowledge that things could have been oh so different if Dowd had made the correct decision and sent off Vidic. Overall, I thought Milner was the second best player on the pitch after Valencia and I think an extra midfielder could have swung the game in your favour: Maybe Delph instead of Heskey. However, no point saying that now I suppose. 8) Anyways, I think ye have a great chance in the cup and I would back ye against anyone, even Chelsea, with the way the Big Man is carrying on.

As for the race for fourth... I think it will go down to yourselves and the Dippers. I pray that ye knick it, cause I would love to see that smug waiter have to eat his words, "We'll definitely get 4th". I think City will struggle in the run-in as they have some extremely tough games vs us, Arsenal, Everton, Spurs and yourselves. Beat City at Eastlands and 4th is yours, I think... But... I backed ye for fourth last year also, until ye bottled it really and let Arsenal take it from yer grasps. But, hopefully, a year on ye will have learnt and push the Scouse scum into the Europa League for yet another season. :D Anyways, good luck for the run in and hopefully we'll see United in first and Villa in 4th come the end of the season. :winkold:

Just got back. Didn't make it into the stadium though having been quoted £400 by touts for tickets. Watched in the pub.

Heard on the way back that there were manyoo fans in the Villa end. That's ridiculous, they could have sold their tickets and bought ones in their own end for half the price. I'd have happily bought ones in the utd end and swapped with them.

Just got back. Didn't make it into the stadium though having been quoted £400 by touts for tickets. Watched in the pub.

Heard on the way back that there were manyoo fans in the Villa end. That's ridiculous, they could have sold their tickets and bought ones in their own end for half the price. I'd have happily bought ones in the utd end and swapped with them.

There were a few Utd fans in the club class above us but none amongst the main body of the villa fans. I could also see a couple of villa flags in the club class at the Utd end.

Still gutted about earlier. We didn't get a scrap of luck today whereas Utd got plenty. Even saying that we weren't good enough. Our wingers can't cross, our strikers are nowhere near enough of a threat and the amount of times Petrov arrives at the edge of the box to strike a shot 20 yeards wide is embarressing.

I don't think anyone would disagree that we were beaten by the better team today. 11 v 11 we were second best for large parts of the game, but it should not have been 11 v 11 should it?

**** the neutral, **** spoiling the spectacle, we should have been playing 10 men for the majority of the match today.

Just got home. Gutted. But I guess it was likely in the end. Dowd just confirms my long held thoughts about "corruption" at the highest level, and our need for real quality in attack is probably my biggest fear about our side. Well done though lads. And the supporters. I didn't see one manu fan on the way up the motorway, tho I was mostly on the m1/6... even if there were some none were flying their colours... clearly most live in london :D

Friedel 7- good save to deny Carrick

Cuellar 5- imo should have started at cb, poor distribution and continually let us down further forward

Collins 5.5- particularly shaky in the first half, and perhaps beaten too easily for Rooney's second

Dunne 7- you can't really legislate for a hideous error like that, however, he was immense that aside

Warnock 6- ok, some good work and an excellent challenge

Young 6- a bit hit and miss, but gave his all

Petrov 6.5- started the game superbly and despite giving his all, we needed genuine energy in the middle in the first half and he tires to easily. Valencia drifted past him easily for the second

Milner 6.5- a good shift

Downing 5- can't fault anybody's effort apart from his. A few decent balls but far too half-hearted a performance for my liking

Heskey 5.5- despite good hold up play (in the first half) he looked exposed and cumbersome

Agbonlahor 8*- best demonstration of hold up play I have seen from him. His pace was an outlet and this is the Gabby that the media tell us is a prospect. Keep up the good work.

A good effort in all but was disappointed that we didn't take the game by the scruff of the neck for long periods, and United rarely got out of second gear. A nervy game early on, and the Vidic decision may well have been crucial. MoN's management was irritatingly predictable (particularly Downing getting the full 90 and benching the right back), but you can see how much defeat means to him and hopefully we'll bounce back in the FA cup.

Very disappointed to lose to a side who in my opinion couldn't be arsed if they'd won or lost this game. The celebrations at the end were all a bit flat.

Ok after a breif skim read my rating for hesky is going to be controversial. Too tired to bicker about it though.

Defence were abysmal in the first half and we kept diving in all the time. Thought we played well and i was proud of the effort the boys put in. Havent seen any TV replays of anything yet but im thinking that the ref is a word removed.

Friedel 7

Cuellar 2 - AWFUL (as a right back)

Collins 6

Dunne 5 - School boy error

Warnock 7

Young 7.5 - Looked a threat

Petrov 7.5

Milner - 8.5 MOTM

Downing 5

Heskey 8 - Superb, easily his best display in a villa shirt, no way he could come off. Everyone else around me agreed and on the train also which is quite a shock to read his poor ratings.

Agbonlahor 8

I'm afraid that MON screwed us by inexplicably leaving Luke Young out. He should have got the nod ahead of Collins, allowing us to field our strongest back four. As it was the back four that we played were all caught in the headlights at one time or another.

Milner was excellent, Downing okay, but I thought that Heskey and Agbonlahor were superb. Vidic has never been able to play Gabby, and it was even more apparent today.

My MOTM was big Emile, who showed all the reasons why he will be on the plane to South Africa.

It just wasn't our day, but there will be more opportunities sooner rather than later.

Not long got back, Wembley is a brilliant place.

I thought we played well at times, but I think we lacked creativity which Man U have more of. Gutted for everyone especially the players because as much as some of you think I think it means a lot for everyone.

Thought the villa fans were brilliant, just hope that we came across on TV as loud as we were.

Milner or Petrov MOTM for me showed great energy so did Agbonglahor.

Hope this gives us something to push on with the FA cup and in the league!

Yes Man Utd were the better team but we were hardly outplayed. For all their possesion they needed a slip from Dunne in order to score a goal.

A top striker next to Gabby and we will continue to rise and improve.

Onwards and Upwards!

A slip...... a major lack of concentration, why did he even look around to see who was behind him, he should have just hooved it up field instead of pussyfooting around with it.

I want to see Villa win things, but we were **** awful all game, not one player looked like he wanted to take the game to the opposition.

As soon we get into the opponents half we look to pass it back to defence, with stuoid little passes that have no weight on them and are easily intercepted, Cuellar couldn't pass the parcel....... his distribution is terrible for a premier league defender, Young thinks every game is about him, and that he is the only player on the pitch..... step over step over, straight into the defender.... time after time.

Not one player can say they tried 100% today.

I want to see Villa win things, but we were **** awful all game, not one player looked like he wanted to take the game to the opposition.

As soon we get into the opponents half we look to pass it back to defence, with stuoid little passes that have no weight on them and are easily intercepted, Cuellar couldn't pass the parcel....... his distribution is terrible for a premier league defender, Young thinks every game is about him, and that he is the only player on the pitch..... step over step over, straight into the defender.... time after time.

Not one player can say they tried 100% today.

What a surprising view.

I thought we were up for it today, generally played well, put them under pressure probably more than most teams they play, and made chances. We looked a bit tired at the end, and didn't make the most of the chances created. But we looked competitive, threatening, and played our full part in what was a pretty entertaining game.