• Stephen Warnock
    • Ashley Young
    • Stiliyan Petrov
    • James Milner
    • Stewart Downing
    • Emile Heskey
    • Gabby Agbonlahor
    • John Carew (on for Cuellar)

Anyone see the rendition "shoes off if you love Villa" in the Greyhound? Quality!

what sort of shoes? Sandals? shoes off like you have to do when you go into a mosque?

Anyone see the rendition "shoes off if you love Villa" in the Greyhound? Quality!

what sort of shoes? Sandals? shoes off like you have to do when you go into a mosque?

You take a shoe off your foot, stick it in the air and sing "shoes off if you love villa". :winkold:

slightly OT but did anyone see those 8 police horses going full pelt down the street

sorry didn't mean to bring race into this thread

:-) see a few beers with me and look what happens :-)

Vic Callow on Midlands Today said a few minutes ago, he wouldn't have hesitated to issue a red card to Vidic.

He said "Every criteria was met to make it a straight red!"

And he hates the Villa, he's a knuckledragger

I think (not sure) you to have misunderstood his point. I think he meant people were leaving before the 4 additional minutes (as in leaving 4 minutes before the final whistle). Someone near me did this. Waste of a ticket IMO.

In that case yes, very stupid. Its not as if anyone gets away from Shit Hole Wembley quickly

Hmmm, not entirely true. Watched the whole game and was away and on the motorway by just after 5, home by 7.30, when it takes until 6.30 just from home games !

Utterly miserable, thought we didn't spark as we needed to, plenty of effort but where was that penetration of the first few minutes ? We were nervier than them - understandably (don't remember them even coming out for a look at the pitch) and don't think the crappy pitch helped our fast stlye.

Ref was atrocious, and I think the bigger problem was his booking Collins for his first tackle (but letting Fletcher off) as Collins knew he was on a knife edge whereas Fletcher had more freedom. Agree Luke Young may have been a better bet (hindsight tho') and would have liked to see Delph for 20 minutes when Carew came on.

But the first 10 minutes will live with me forever !

I still feel we are going onwards and upwards.

Thought our support was pretty poor after they scored - we never used to need much rousing, I hope we aren't getting spoilt.

We did ok. I think nerves affected quite a few of our players. Obviously Vidic should have walked, Cuellar looked like a pub player and Dunny's first real mistake of the season had to come in a cup final. We battled well, we certainly wasn't outplayed but we were second best on the day and United are a better team.

We'll be back though, here's to the FA Cup!

Maybe that's why Man Utd have so much debt, they must be paying the referees more than they pay their players! The rules were completely bent and ignored. Pure, utter corruption.

We should have played against 10 men, instead we were playing against 12. For all the talk about how Manure were the better team when it was 11 v 11, it was actually more like 11 v 12!

Forget Rooney or Valencia, their best player was Phil **** Dowd. He made the biggest impact on the game and really changed it.

What I thought was particularly gauling was that self proven idiot Graham Pole announcing on 5Live this morning that Dowd was absolutely right to leave Vidic on 'as it was early in a cup final so you've got to interpret the rules differently so as not to spoil it'.

Well there you go - what can you really say.

What I can say is I don't feel that disappointed. I thought we'd lose so I went down to London with one intention only, to have a day to remember - and I did !.

We were good - very good. The rub of the green went against us, and Man U on any day without the rub of the green is hard, when they are also good, it's bloody hard.

Great game, didn't deserve to lose, but we did.

Regarding the players, I couldn't really watch it that closely as I was trying my hardest to roar them on. From what I can say,

Dunne looked ridiculously nervous, but settled unfortunately a bit too late.

Cueller had his poorest game for a long while

Petrov and Milner gave their absolute heart

Young played more than average, but not quite up to his best

Gabby ran his socks off without ever having that opportunity

and unfortunately, as we all know - Carew and Heskey are not match winners, and thats what you need - and that was proved.

What I will say is I really hope the players remmeber how they felt 2 minutes after the final whistle - and then vow never to feel like that again.

I want the FA Cup and I think we can get it.

Thats took the dampener off it, knowing that if all goes to plan in 6 days time, we will be back on here panicking about another fight against the internet to get Wembley tickets ! - and this time it could be the Blues.

PS

Silverspoons - disappointed to be honest, and angry after the game as by shutting it as they did, caused trouble outside. If we are going for a 2nd and 3rd time, I'll stick to Wetherspoons in Harrow. (also think you missed out on taking in Wembley Way as when you got to Silverpoons at 10.30- it was like a desert.

But all in all - well worth the wait. And we wont have to wait as long hopefully for the next time.

You take a shoe off your foot, stick it in the air and sing "shoes off if you love villa". :winkold:

I saw it at J J Moons after the match. Cracking atmosphere in there even after we lost, bet Manure weren't celebrating as well as us

A good day out, so sad about the end result though - especially as Dowd was their twelfth man. Was rather disappointed in Wembley Stadium though - but then maybe that was because of our seats. £70 to be on Row 2 - not what I expected, couldn't see large part of pitch as too close so spent £70 to watch a good portion of the game on the big screen! Next time I may go for the £54 tickets - what was the view like from those? I prefer The Emirates Stadium to Wembley - based on yesterday - and 90 minutes just to get out of the area! Horrendous. Might try car/train next time (here's hoping we get there). Villa fans were great. Man U awful - so arrogant as usual, no noise until they are winning then they pipe up. Just seems unfair - this meant everything to us and nothing to them -they are just so used to their team winning I guess! Disappointed but a good day out .

Ironic too, advert on the side said "Randy We Love You" (in Claret and Blue), we love our owner. Them - well they are winning and start chanting how they want Glazer out, mass green and yellow "Newton Heath" scarfs everywhere too. Randy and The General deserve a trophy they really do. Oh well, maybe the FA Cup?

I have to agree with the point made earlier in this thread about Downing drifting into the middle too often. It seems like we sometimes have 3 in the middle and just Ash out wide and that isn't going to help our cause when the likes of Valencia are on the opposite side.

We were done over by the ref on the red card decision but we never really looked beating Utd with 11 players each on the field. It makes you wonder how much Dowd's mistake had an effect on the Villa players. United's first goal came after Gabby ran forward and was intercepted by Vidic, the ball ran free, was hoofed upfield and there equaliser followed from Dunne's error.

There's no doubting the effect the ref's decision had on the game. They had two strikers on the pitch at the time. Surely they would have taken Berbatov off with his reputation for not putting in much of a shift - the man whose pass put in Valencia to cross for their winning goal!

I thought Gabby and Milner were great and I felt particularly sorry for Gabby. The guy didn't get enough of the ball, on a day when he was clearly in the mood.