• Stephen Warnock
    • Ashley Young
    • Stiliyan Petrov
    • James Milner
    • Stewart Downing
    • Emile Heskey
    • Gabby Agbonlahor
    • John Carew (on for Cuellar)

What I thought was particularly gauling was that self proven idiot Graham Pole announcing on 5Live this morning that Dowd was absolutely right to leave Vidic on 'as it was early in a cup final so you've got to interpret the rules differently so as not to spoil it'.

This is the same idiot who was on TalkSport last week saying how he wouldnt give penalties at Old Trafford because of the lashing he'd get form papers, Fergie etc - as opposed to "down at Portsmouth".

The guy is a tool.

friedel - 7 - had no chance with either goal and made a few nice saves

warnock - 7 - solid and i dont remember him making a mistake

cueller - 4 - offered nothing going forward and distribution was poor

Dunne - 5 - at fault for the goal despite getting back well but overall under par compared to usual

Collins - 6 - ok, nothing to write home about

Young - 6 - some good crosses but his diving spoils all his best work, why does he dive when he's beaten the defender?

Downing - 6 - crossing was poor, passing was poor, and gave away possession far too cheaply many times. not his best game by far

Milner - 9 - class above any midfielder on the pitch, first half was sharp and dangerous, second half noone seemed to want to pass to him - too busy passing the ball back to united players

Petrov - 8 - best i have seen him play in a long time, as he's usually just poining and telling people to pass elsewhere but made himself available today. Faded and needed to be subbed after anout 60 mins but thats not his fault

Gabby - 8 - our only real goal threat but once they equallised we suddenly were unable to pass to our own players so he didnt get anymore service. he's becoming a quality player, if only we were better at passing to make use of him

Heskey - 4 - useless, dont remember him doing anything positive to enhance our chances of winning the game, constantly beaten in the air, easily pushed off the ball and his frst touch was abysmal should never have started

Carew - 5 - poor, but when vidic and evans were already winning every aerial ball i have to question why MON threw on another tall striker when our best threat came from playing passes into gabby and having him run at the defenders? should have been delfounso for me

MON - 4 - got the tactics right from kick off and until half time i felt we were always in with a shout but petrov faded and was visibly tired and was left on the feild, he brought Carew on and pushed the CB's forward and got the team hoofing the ball forward even though a blind man could see we were winning nothing in the air and our main threat was running at the defence. My biggest criticism of MON has always been that he doesnt use his subs well enough and doesnt seem able or willing to change his tactics when things arent working, and is poor at spotting a teams weaknesses as the game progresses.

Also i need to say that defencivly we did very little closing down and i dont think anyone was doing any marking or tracking troughout the game. We allowed a great attacking team time and space on the ball and allowed them to run into our penalty area pretty much unopposed. Going forward, when the defenders werent too busy lumping the ball forward for noone to get near, we looked dangerous. We need to start playing the ball through midfield and passing more as we are a much better team when the defence get the ball to the CM's as they are both very good players.

Lots of room for improvement but signs that we can actually challenge united.

friedel - 7 - had no chance with either goal and made a few nice saves

warnock - 7 - solid and i dont remember him making a mistake

cueller - 4 - offered nothing going forward and distribution was poor

Dunne - 5 - at fault for the goal despite getting back well but overall under par compared to usual

Collins - 6 - ok, nothing to write home about

Young - 6 - some good crosses but his diving spoils all his best work, why does he dive when he's beaten the defender?

Downing - 6 - crossing was poor, passing was poor, and gave away possession far too cheaply many times. not his best game by far

Milner - 9 - class above any midfielder on the pitch, first half was sharp and dangerous, second half noone seemed to want to pass to him - too busy passing the ball back to united players

Petrov - 8 - best i have seen him play in a long time, as he's usually just poining and telling people to pass elsewhere but made himself available today. Faded and needed to be subbed after anout 60 mins but thats not his fault

Gabby - 8 - our only real goal threat but once they equallised we suddenly were unable to pass to our own players so he didnt get anymore service. he's becoming a quality player, if only we were better at passing to make use of him

Heskey - 4 - useless, dont remember him doing anything positive to enhance our chances of winning the game, constantly beaten in the air, easily pushed off the ball and his frst touch was abysmal should never have started

Carew - 5 - poor, but when vidic and evans were already winning every aerial ball i have to question why MON threw on another tall striker when our best threat came from playing passes into gabby and having him run at the defenders? should have been delfounso for me

MON - 4 - got the tactics right from kick off and until half time i felt we were always in with a shout but petrov faded and was visibly tired and was left on the feild, he brought Carew on and pushed the CB's forward and got the team hoofing the ball forward even though a blind man could see we were winning nothing in the air and our main threat was running at the defence. My biggest criticism of MON has always been that he doesnt use his subs well enough and doesnt seem able or willing to change his tactics when things arent working, and is poor at spotting a teams weaknesses as the game progresses.

Also i need to say that defencivly we did very little closing down and i dont think anyone was doing any marking or tracking troughout the game. We allowed a great attacking team time and space on the ball and allowed them to run into our penalty area pretty much unopposed. Going forward, when the defenders werent too busy lumping the ball forward for noone to get near, we looked dangerous. We need to start playing the ball through midfield and passing more as we are a much better team when the defence get the ball to the CM's as they are both very good players.

Lots of room for improvement but signs that we can actually challenge united.

disagree with this, thought heskey had a good game. also though jonny evans looked uncomfortable throughout