• Stephen Warnock
    • Ashley Young
    • Stiliyan Petrov
    • James Milner
    • Stewart Downing
    • Emile Heskey
    • Gabby Agbonlahor
    • John Carew (on for Cuellar)

Well, a decent display that could have been a lot better. Question marks over Carlos starting ahead of Young at right back, and also the decision to start with Heskey ahead of two-goal hero of the last match John Carew.

As for Phil Dowd... What a shocker. Things like that dent our love for the beautiful game.

Onwards and upwards - let's beat Reading and get ourselves back down the M1.

Proud of the lads.

Nothing to do with dodgy desicion, if we cannot beat 11 men then we dont deserve to win, we cannot rely on them going down to 10 men.

Good effort by all but its the same old problems we know about and its not the players fault.

Struggling to score from open play, teams defend deep we struggle to score unless its a set piece.

CB at FB Cullear is not comfortable there, he is no attacking threat and cannot cross.

The difference between and Valencia and our wingers?

We'll be fine with a striker in the summer.

Milner got it for me. Thought Petrov did really well too though.

I feel it would've been a completely different game had Vidic been rightly sent off. Manure played well for most of the game but we certainly played well too minus the odd mistake.

I can see this galvanizing us. Bring on Reading. Even though we lost I still think we're on the up.

Very disappointed of course. We were beaten by a better team but feel proud and glad that we made the final. Let's hope it's just the beginning and that we can build on this and go on to participate in many more finals.

Played ok. Some better than others and certainly weren't outclassed. We lack a striker to partner Gabby but then we knew that already... Heskey, for all his hard work, is no goal threat. Voted Gabby my MOM as I felt he held the ball up well and caused them problems, Petrov was a close second.

Phil Dowd is, and i'm sure we can all agree on this, a shit ref.

Luke Young should have started - inexplicable that he didn;t.

Typical that Dunne's first mistake was in a final.

Man United controlled the game second half and probably just deserved it.

However - we did play very well, but we never had enough about us to really threaten an equaliser and only bothered with the pressure when we were 2-1 down.

Dowd was inept but is not the reason we lost the final. Not having plan b or c in the final third did for us. Do you not remember how we played against ten men at villa park?!

friedel 7

cuellar 4

dunne 5

collins 6

warnock 6

Young A 6.5

Milner 7.5

Petrov 7

Downing 6.5

Agbonlahor 7

Heskey 6.5

Carew 6

MoN 5.5 - Play a full back at full back not a centre half who can't pass you fecking eejit. Some intervention earlier in the second half when we weren't doing anything would have been useful, but in truth entirely surprising given your history of changing games.

We played well, had a few chances but were beaten by the better team end off. I'm sure it's easy to direct the anger at Dowd if you want to deflect from us not doing enough to score a second goal in the match, but it wouldn't have made much difference

Looked good up until about 5 minutes after they equalised, then we were well held. Difference for me was the way we allowed them to continually run at us, whereas we don't have players capable or more accurately willing to make those runs. If the counter attack doesn't present itself to us, we create very few good chances from open play, with set pieces our only real threat of scoring. Knew we were beat when they hit the front. We'd already run out of petrol by then. The lads worked their socks off today and I am proud to be a villa fan. There's simply a gulf in the quality of the personnel between the two sides. We're crying out for another option in the midfield and/or up forward.

My MOTM was probably Milner just over Ash.

Terrible decision to play Cuellar at RB today, his height and strength wasn't needed against the side ManU put out, he offered absolutely nothing going forward except turning over possession and then scampering back out of position to cover his own **** up.

We did little wrong. A good performance, possibly could have been better of course but we did well. The team played some of the best football we've played recently, particularly the midfield which had great performances from Petrov and Milner.

I can't be too critical. I'm proud.

I don't think Phil Dowd cost us the match, but Oh My, he had to be wearing red boxers. It's the only explanation for at least 6 cautions ManUre did not receive. (starting with Vidic on the tactical pull down in the penalty area... arguably ejection, minimally caution)

We played really well at times, not so well at others. Overall, we were very competitive against one of the best teams money can buy, even if they can't make all their payments.

Disappointed with the outcome. Proud of the team UTV