General Krulak (part 3) - Questions

BOF

Hi General. Been looking at the discussion reference payment of season tickets and I have to agree and can see why you want money up front, obviously for players but also it could cause problems if people defaulted payments which can be a high rate depending.

I would like to suggest some sort of stamp scheme where we can have card (maybe season ticket) or even better an online account that we can debit money to as we go along throughout the whole year, people could add as little as £5 or even £100 as they go along so that when its time to renew you have a little in the bank which will lessen the impact at renewal time. If this works it could have an interest scheme like a bank which Villa and the fan can split, again taking a few extra ponds off the overall cost.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi General. Been looking at the discussion reference payment of season tickets and I have to agree and can see why you want money up front, obviously for players but also it could cause problems if people defaulted payments which can be a high rate depending.

I would like to suggest some sort of stamp scheme where we can have card (maybe season ticket) or even better an online account that we can debit money to as we go along throughout the whole year, people could add as little as £5 or even £100 as they go along so that when its time to renew you have a little in the bank which will lessen the impact at renewal time. If this works it could have an interest scheme like a bank which Villa and the fan can split, again taking a few extra ponds off the overall cost.

I was thinking this General. I would be quite happy to pay my season ticket money beginning 12 months in advance if I could spread the cost over 12 months interest free. Once the season starts I begin paying for my next seasons ticket.

In the meantime you get to sit on my accumulating cash for 12 months. Please don't go bust in a Portsmouthesqe way though

General - The last post ie two years hence is a good idea. Basically buying a season ticket and then buy the next one 1 year prior. I believe some clubs already do it.

You can see how anxious some people are to retain their membership at a troubled financial time. (including me)

Are you and Mr.Lerner still enjoying the experience of Aston Villa?

General, with the direct debit 12 month payment scheme.... how about offering it to start 1st Feb for season starting August, by kickoff 7 months will be in the kitty?

It means a bit of forward planing but is easier for those who need to plan ahead

This is how i pay my golf club fees, i start paying in Feb and then 5 more monthly payments and i am only charged an extra £7 in costs rather than paying in full in April.

Hi General,

Hope you are well and fighting to get on that plane to Wembley for the semi final.

My girlfriend is expecting our first baby in september, now having looked through the catalogue and the website, i can't seem to find any clothing for new born babies, no babygrows etc. Now i've already been told i will be recieving a babygrow from a number of different clubs from friends and family, although i've told them the only clothing the baby will wear is villa! Does the club have any plan to release clothing for new born babies this summer? Would love to get some stuff in august reay for the birth in september.

Thanks

General Krulak here:

1. Nicky Keye is looking at the thread with all the recommendations re. payment schemes. If it looks like something that makes sense, she will give it due consideration. Obviously, we want to make it easy on the fans during this tough economic time but we also must recognize what needs to be done financially for the Club...it needs to make sense.

2. Randy and I remain as excited (if not more so) than the first day we walked onto the Villa Pitch. Every year has brought its highs and lows but the highs have been more apparent. Look at this year....two trips (minimum) to Wembley...beating ManU on their home Pitch, etc. etc.

General, a bit disappointed with the price hike in the Lower North Stand, that's 2 years in a row we have seen a £50+ increase.

I know it's still low priced but still..........almost a 20% increase is a bit heavy

General

I am really disappointed that the ticket prices have not increased by more!! We want the best players, best facilities and best management team ...... :lol::cheers:

Chill out everyone

Whereas i don't want to clog this thread with 'chit chat' we already have two of those options and some of the 1st.

Gen

ST prices, overall not too bad. £20 increase, but with free game - thats fair enough

Kids prices, hmmmm , bit disappointed in the £45 increase, but again, I accept it is still good value (think it is getting to the point now though that will be about peoples limits).

However, the one thing that I did find disappointing is the family ticket. Great idea - in fact I put it forward two weeks ago.

However, why only 2 adults and two under 8's for £880.

WHy not give a saving on 2 adults, and 2 kids, over 8, or a combination.

If I could have afforded it - I would have tried to buy a ticket for me, the wife , my 10 and 11yr old.

My wife is going to have to be chucked now !!. and as it is only available in one area, I wouldn't do it any way, as I dont want to move away from a ) my family and friends, B) as important the Holte end.

Great idea as I say, just seems it could have been a bit better with a bit of thought. Maybe next year.

I think a layaway (as opposed to buying on credit) scheme for buying season tickets is a no-brainer, as it provides extra cashflow and float for the club... as long as the scheme can be fairly easy administered.

I would just like to add, that if there was an option to prepay for the next years season ticket - I for one would take that offer up without hesitation!

General, I wanted to say, that while I see my ticket has gone up 20%, overall, I still believe its good value for money, and I love the 4 month 0% free payment option. Thank you.

General, I trust your recovery is continuing and we'll see you at VP soon. A question regarding the Aston Villa Year Book and apologies if it's already been raised.

I read that the Year Book is to be published online rather than in the rather neat A5 size format. May I say that I believe this is a poor decision as I'm sure you will agree the Year Book is an opportunity to capture a whole season in one book and to keep it - to refer to in future years. Having it only online will mean that this opportunity will be lost and is certainly not as portable as the previous Year Book.

I understand cost implications etc. but I do feel this is a poor decision.

Please would you consider the above and maybe speak to whoever has made this decision?

Thanks

Hello General

Do the club expect the demand for the Semi-final tickets to be lower then that of the CC final?

If so could it be an idea to let season ticket holders also purchase a ticket for a non-season ticket holders as well (with say a 5 game booking history) at the same time as the purchase of their ticket so that they can sit next to each other, like they could do for other ST holders for the CC final. I was over the moon to get a ticket for the final, and walking down Wembley way with my dad is an experience I'll cherish forever (hopefully the first of many) but it would have been even more special if I could have sat next to him (or even in the same block/concourse area), I really hope I can for the Semi, but am concerned that I wont be able to get a ticket for a week or so after he gets his. Only a sugestion though - I'll be happy with a ticket no matter what.

I also thank Randy and his team for continuing to push this club forward. While the progress is steady it seems also to be relentless, if you look at the club now and four years ago there is no comparison. I'm going to bite the bullet and get a season ticket and face the round trip to every game at VP for next season and I suspect I will be one of many.

Hello General

Do the club expect the demand for the Semi-final tickets to be lower then that of the CC final?

If so could it be an idea to let season ticket holders also purchase a ticket for a non-season ticket holders as well (with say a 5 game booking history) at the same time as the purchase of their ticket so that they can sit next to each other, like they could do for other ST holders for the CC final. I was over the moon to get a ticket for the final, and walking down Wembley way with my dad is an experience I'll cherish forever (hopefully the first of many) but it would have been even more special if I could have sat next to him (or even in the same block/concourse area), I really hope I can for the Semi, but am concerned that I wont be able to get a ticket for a week or so after he gets his. Only a sugestion though - I'll be happy with a ticket no matter what.

I also thank Randy and his team for continuing to push this club forward. While the progress is steady it seems also to be relentless, if you look at the club now and four years ago there is no comparison. I'm going to bite the bullet and get a season ticket and face the round trip to every game at VP for next season and I suspect I will be one of many.

Not to answer for the general but surely your dad could wait until you are eligible to get a ticket and buy at the same time?

General Krulak here:

1. Ticket prices: I recognize that some may be disappointed at the prices but...we did all in our power to keep them low and still recognize the environment we find ourselves in viz a viz the Premiership. If you compare our prices...say our highest price for an adult...against Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, ManCity, Tottenham, Woverhampton...we are well below any of them. Our under 16 prices are lower than most. We are one of a few Clubs who have a lowered price for under 8 and we are the ONLY Club that has a special rate for members of the Forces. Simply put, we remain a "discount player" in the Premiership. AND THIS IS COMPARING OUR 10/11 PRICES WITH THE OTHER CLUB'S CURRENT PRICES...THEY WILL BE RAISING THEIRS AND THE DIFFERENCE WILL BECOME GREATER...IN OUR BEHALF.

2. We expect a sell out at Wembley again. Again, the key is a Season Ticket. We are looking at payment schemes and will try to do the best we can but we have to be very careful.

Hi General,

Hope you are well and fighting to get on that plane to Wembley for the semi final.

My girlfriend is expecting our first baby in september, now having looked through the catalogue and the website, i can't seem to find any clothing for new born babies, no babygrows etc. Now i've already been told i will be recieving a babygrow from a number of different clubs from friends and family, although i've told them the only clothing the baby will wear is villa! Does the club have any plan to release clothing for new born babies this summer? Would love to get some stuff in august reay for the birth in september.

Thanks

General, you may have missed this.

Hi General,

Thanks

General, you may have missed this.

I asked the same question quite a few pages back, General answered that he had previously bought bits for young babies. Definately no new born stuff through the club shop though but they do have some bits in 0-3 months.