General Krulak (part 3) - Questions

BOF

General Krulak here:

3. Kidlewas and others: Some very good thoughts and well worth us looking into them. I appreciate the effort in putting those ideas on paper...thanks.

No problem General, let me know if any of the info becomes useful.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General

Have read in the paper this morning that we have no money in the summer and need to trim the squad down. I know clubs are going through the mill financially at the moment and just wondered was there any truth in villa struggling financially?

The article was in the people although from an unnamed source!!

Great result today and good 2nd half performance.

Kidlewis - Good idea, they're called Gameplans in the States and are used in Baseball a lot (160 odd games a season).

Can see this being a great halfway house to season tickets.

Well I certainly think for the fans like myself where even a half season ticket wouldn't end up being value for money, and with a busy life I can plan in advance and pick a 5,7,10 block of tickets and pay up front.

If this is done pre season, I can sort out the matches I can go to and hopefully add in games like United, Arsenal, Bolton, Burnley and Fulham at home, and make more of a saving than if I booked them all separately. Also with only 2 AA games in there it should hopefully calculate more of a saving than 5 AA games.

Not only that if people paid up front for these then the club would get a serious wad of cash pre season on top of their season ticket incomes.

As I mentioned before I would be worried that I couldn't book a particular seat next to my friend, certainly not online, so perhaps calling up booking my block and then my friend using my id as a reference to see if he can get his seats next to mine. Not sure how to cross that particular hurdle.

Sounds like if it is done in Baseball the General might have an idea what I am talking about.

I certainly think it is worth thinking about because I know that myself and a couple of other fans I know would take the club up on that system. Times that by the number of fans in a similar situation and I think it could be a good earner.

From the clubs point of view it could be seen as (oh well we will get the tickets anyway), which might be partly true, however it might get people who go to 3 games a season to block book the minimum 5, or someone like myself who goes to 5-7 games a season to get the block of 10, because I save more money in the long run.

The Red Sox ticket packages for next season, for comparison. The main reason the Red Sox (who have little trouble selling out every game... they've sold out over 500 consecutive home games) do this is to not sell any single-game tickets for certain high-profile matches (there's no categorization or booking history system) but to offer the tickets that would normally be single-game as a package deal. For games that have had a history of away fans in the home ends, it might make sense to only make those games available to season-ticket, half-season-ticket, and ticket package fans (who would be less likely to be away fans).

The Red Sox ticket packages for next season, for comparison. The main reason the Red Sox (who have little trouble selling out every game... they've sold out over 500 consecutive home games) do this is to not sell any single-game tickets for certain high-profile matches (there's no categorization or booking history system) but to offer the tickets that would normally be single-game as a package deal. For games that have had a history of away fans in the home ends, it might make sense to only make those games available to season-ticket, half-season-ticket, and ticket package fans (who would be less likely to be away fans).

wow that looks really good and I think for the high profile matches it would prevent little issues like the Doug Ellis had against Liverpool where some pool fans somehow got in there and caused a bit of a barney.

I don't think they should be fixed bundles though, it needs to be a bit more dynamic than that as you may not get the pick up you want. Especially as people might only be able to make certain weekends or fixtures over the course of the season.

Example for me being I play cricket start and end of football season so I can't do any of those matches for a start, then family birthdays hit a couple of saturdays.

If I can pick my bundle over the course of a season and book the lot in one go then I would do it. And would probably buy 1-2 matches more than I normally would.

Beginning to warm to the concept now I have seen an example of it being used in another sport. I thought it was my own creation, obviously some person beat me to it :)

Say in principle that this would work, would the club prefer a monster amount of cash pre season as opposed to being split out over the course of a year?

General,

This one got lost between your thread part 2 and part 3. A couple of observations/requests regarding final tickets and future allocations.

1. I was pretty amazed and disturbed to read that a youth team player had been allocated 5 tickets for the LC final. I think that it is only fair that players likely to take part in the Wembley showpiece should be allowed say 10 tickets, and I agree that every employee of Aston Villa should receive tickets, but surely two each is enough, one for the employee and one for a companion?

2. On the subject of employee allocations a number of the stewards at Villa Park are supporters of our local rivals, where they are also stewards. Could they not be asked to do the decent thing and relinquish their ticket rights?

3. The allocation and distribution of the tickets for this final has been fraught, with many people feeling short changed (including myself). In the event that we reach a second Wembley final (not the semi) can I ask that the following be considered as a plan?

i. The tickets are pre-allocated to season ticket holders on the basis that those who received poor tickets for the LC final are prioritised for the better tickets for the FA Cup final and vice versa.

ii. Accepting that some may prefer cheaper tickets, all ST holders are given the option to trade up or trade down.

iii. Once the options are in tickets are reallocated accordingly.

iv. The 'sale' days are then allocated just for the formality of ST holders taking up their option.

I feel certain that this would be a fairer and more fluid way for final allocations to be handled.

If you would like to have a discussion about ticket packages, please start a separate thread. This thread is for comments and questions to the General, the idea has been put forward. No more discussion in this thread please.

General, without jinxing us for Wednesday I am thinking ahead that if we get to Wembley again will the ticket office have the Loyalty points scheme all ready? There seems to be inconsistency with what some fans get done and others. Some say they have changed bookings on to their client ref but some haven't. I have been going down the Villa regular since 88 yet my history only goes back to 2004. It seems that when I have changed addresses in the past I didnt realise that there was a client reference scheme and have a couple of client ref numbers and was told they could not be merged. If we do get to the final I really think that the ticket office will be bombarded with people questioning their points.

Could the ticket office make a fixed policy and statement on loyalty points to prevent them getting bombarded with not only calls but criticism too.

Its not nice to see people moaning on here so if the ticket office could be proactive so everyone knows then you may be able to leave your Kevlar jacket in the closet :lol:

My first post asking the general something!

I am the president of the University of Birmingham's RAG society (The society that collects money for charities and raises money through events etc) and im trying to get in touch with acorns about the possibility of getting some students from our university bucket shaking for them at a Villa game at some point. Ive emailed partnership@acorns.org.uk, which is apparently the email for inquires about acorns partnership with villa. Im not sure if thats the best place to start? I was wondering if you could suggest any contacts that i could try to enquire with?

General,

How are you? Are you looking forward to the game the weekend? I cant wait.

Just a question about the future of our club. With all the talk of finances in the media at the moment, i just wanted to know if Aston Villa F.C are in a good financial condition at the moment? And would they be if Randy Lerner was to sell up in the future?

General,

I think you will be pleased to hear a fans positive view on tickets.

I was very impressed with the improvements that have been made to the online ticketing system. The ability to assign not just Season ticket refrences but normal supporters too is a welcome addition. Every time I wanted to put booking history to someones name who wasn't a ST holder I had to ring the ticket office. Could you see the praise gets given out please :) although I'm sure your ticket office staff are waiting for the day where you introduce a system that tells people how many tickets are left, how many are sold etc. :P

Also, I only noticed it the other day, but thanks for putting chip and pin in the Holte Suite buffet. Much appreciated.

Hi General,

Another ticket related issue. Not a major one, just to do with the confirmation email you get after booking tickets.

I'm able to attend the match tonight under my own steam due to it being in the right week of my treatment cycle. So I booked my tickets on Friday and received this email as confirmation (well this isn't the whole thing, but the delivery information):

Delivery Information

Carling Cup Final - Special Notice:

Supporters who have purchased tickets for the Carling Cup Final prior to Saturday 13th February should expect to receive their ticket(s) no later than Wednesday 17th February. Should you still not be in receipt of your ticket(s) by Monday 22nd February, please contact the Aston Villa Consumer Sales Department on 0800 612 0970

Match Ticket Purchasers:

Your tickets will be delivered to the following address unless you have specified an alternate address. If you have purchased your tickets(s) less than 3 days prior to the fixture, your ticket(s) WILL NOT be posted to you but will be available for collection from the Aston Villa Ticket Office or the Holte End Kiosk (if 2 hours prior to kick-off)

Cup Ticket Purchasers:

Supporters purchasing tickets for cup fixtures at Villa Park � regardless of whether you are a Season Card Holder or not � will receive a paper ticket prior to the fixture date. If you have purchased your tickets(s) less than 3 days prior to the fixture, your tickets WILL NOT be posted to you but will be available for collection from the Aston Villa Ticket Office or the Holte End Kiosk (if 2 hours prior to kick-off)

Stadium Tour Purchasers:

If you have bought tickets for Stadium Tours, please note that you should receive your ticket(s) 3 days prior to your tour. However, if you have booked your tour online less than 3 working days prior to your event, you must collect your tickets from the Ticket Office at Villa Park before joining the tour.

Villa Park Event Purchasers:

If you have bought tickets for other non-football related events at Villa Park � Christmas Parties/Tribute Band nights/Family Fun Days etc � your tickets will be sent to you at least 7 days prior to the event. If you have booked your event online less than 7 working days prior to your event, you must collect your tickets from the Ticket Office at Villa Park before joining the event.

Ticket Delivery:

Your tickets will be delivered to the following address:

*My address here*

Now reading that how would you think I would get my tickets?

To me it looks like they're getting delivered, espeicially looking at the bottom bit. And they were ordered more than 3 days before the game.

What I now realise is that it's 3 working days and it needed to be before 5pm on Friday, which I wasn't sure whether I was before or not.

I've now rung the ticket office as my tickets didn't arrive and they confirmed that I need to pick them. Again, not a problem, but I feel the email could be clearer. Can the system not automatically work out whether they'll be posted or you need to pick them up and include that in the email rather than put all that information in which can lead to confusion?

Like I say, not a major problem but maybe something that could be looked into.

Hope you get to catch the game somewhere tonight.

General,

I hope your health is good or at least continues to improve.

I also hope that Randy is proud of his decision to approve the great value tickets for tonights game. A decision vindicated and enjoyed by 31,874 fans this evening. :clap:

:flag:

Evening General Sir

Just a quick query, I know you've said that Nicky Keyes may be posting some details re loyalty points, but in the meantime I wanted to count a few chickens...

Has any decision been made regarding the FA Cup Final ticket allocation yet?

With the alleged paltry seat offering, which I'm led to believe won't even meet the ST holder demand, will these Loyalty points be the deciding factor, or like away games will it be based on away game credits?

Your help in clarifying this would be appreciated, thanks.

General, I ordered my Wembley ticket on Monday, payment was taken straight away. My ticket was not posted until Wednesday, and still hasn't arrived! I now have to re-book another train and go to straight to Wembley to collect my ticket, ruining all my plans! Can you please find out WHY it took the club 2 days to post the ticket, knowing the time constraints. Once you've heard off the ticket office, I'd be obiligied if you could reply on here. Many thanks.