General Krulak (part 3) - Questions

BOF

General

Do you have a speech for the troops before we commence battle on Sunday?

Yes, General quite a few of us fans will be bricking it, which is a quaint English expression for being very nervous. We could do with some inspirational words from you to see us off to Wembley.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General Krulak here:

1. I am sorry I have been off the thread....I had to sort some things out.

2. I communicated with Randy this am. He has his kids and Mum over for the game...and is really up for it. He is proud of the Club...glad to be in this position...pretty calm at the moment...has fiath!!!

3. The People Article: The second I read it, I contact Randy and asked him about it...his answer, "RUBBISH!!!" Both Randy and MON are on the same sheet of music and both know where the Club needs to go. They are taking us there. Not sure where such a story originates but....Rubbish!!

4. the trees and others: Regairding the tickets. I have said all I can say about the ticket situation. Simply put, we received a certain allocation. Those who purchased season tickets got first whack at getting tickets to the game. We then tried to be a fair as possible to those who work for the Club and, most importantly, the Fans. We did the best we could do. We cannot please everyone...we try our best but we cannot please everyone. I think we all need to "let it rest." Weeks of complaining about certain issues re. tickets will not do anything to change the situation. At the end of the day, Nicky Keye and her team did a superb job and deserve credit, not continual moaning. We did the best we could do.

5. b6bloke: We will be posting info on loyalty points soon.

6. paddy: You know to call Nicky...please do so.

7. Regarding the game tomorrow. If I were talking to the team, I would simply say that "Destiny and your talent have brought you to this moment in time. What happens tomorrow rests in your minds and in your hearts. You all are in good condition, you have trained hard, you have the support of the most rabid fan base in the Premiership, and you have taken 4 points off of ManU out of 6. You know you can beat them if you play your hearts out. They put on their boots just like you do...they get tired like you do...they are not supermen....they are footballers like you. Destiny is ready to grasp...go out and grasp it. Do me one favor...leave every bit of effort you have out on the Pitch. Leave your guts out there...play like madmen...and bring this one home!!!!!"

General Krulak here:

7. Regarding the game tomorrow. If I were talking to the team, I would simply say that "Destiny and your talent have brought you to this moment in time. What happens tomorrow rests in your minds and in your hearts. You all are in good condition, you have trained hard, you have the support of the most rabid fan base in the Premiership, and you have taken 4 points off of ManU out of 6. You know you can beat them if you play your hearts out. They put on their boots just like you do...they get tired like you do...they are not supermen....they are footballers like you. Destiny is ready to grasp...go out and grasp it. Do me one favor...leave every bit of effort you have out on the Pitch. Leave your guts out there...play like madmen...and bring this one home!!!!!"

:hooray:

General Krulak here:

1. I am sorry I have been off the thread....I had to sort some things out.

2. I communicated with Randy this am. He has his kids and Mum over for the game...and is really up for it. He is proud of the Club...glad to be in this position...pretty calm at the moment...has fiath!!!

3. The People Article: The second I read it, I contact Randy and asked him about it...his answer, "RUBBISH!!!" Both Randy and MON are on the same sheet of music and both know where the Club needs to go. They are taking us there. Not sure where such a story originates but....Rubbish!!

4. the trees and others: Regairding the tickets. I have said all I can say about the ticket situation. Simply put, we received a certain allocation. Those who purchased season tickets got first whack at getting tickets to the game. We then tried to be a fair as possible to those who work for the Club and, most importantly, the Fans. We did the best we could do. We cannot please everyone...we try our best but we cannot please everyone. I think we all need to "let it rest." Weeks of complaining about certain issues re. tickets will not do anything to change the situation. At the end of the day, Nicky Keye and her team did a superb job and deserve credit, not continual moaning. We did the best we could do.

5. b6bloke: We will be posting info on loyalty points soon.

6. paddy: You know to call Nicky...please do so.

That brought a tear to my eye, you Sir are truly a lyrical magician, now come on the villa boys!

:cheers:

Semper Fidelis General!

Just for you ...

From the halls of Aston Villa

To the shores of Rotterdam

We fight our clubs battles

in the air, on land and sea;

First to create a league of football,

And to keep our honour clean,

We are proud to claim the title

of Fans of Aston Villa FC

Here's health to you and to our fans

Which we are proud to serve

In many a strife we've fought for life

And never lost our nerve;

If the Army and the Navy

Ever look on Heaven's scenes;

They will find the streets are guarded

By fans of Aston Villa FC!.

Win, lose or draw It will not be the same without you General.

General Krulak here:

1. First off, I am gutted by the loss. Second, I could only watch on the telly BUT, OUR FANS were magnificent!! Seriously, the Villa Fans were huge! Third, we got what I thought we would from the ref so I can't use that as an excuse. ManU is a quality team and Rooney is a quality player. 4. I was VERY proud of our lads. I do NOT think they were intimidated at all and I thought they played hard. There were times when we looked extremely strong and there were times when ManU looked that way. At the end of the day, the score was 2-1 and we were on the losing end. I have to accept that. BUT, I am very proud to be associated with the Villa...with the Owner, the Team, and the Fans! I would have loved the silverware but nothing means more than the love of the Villa. We WILL raise Cups before it is all over...we Will!! :flag::flag::flag:

2. jod1: I love it!!!!

I sincerely hope that, should any avenue exist for us to pursue some sort of action against Phil Dowd, be that even a simple complaint, we do so, General.

Incompetence of that magnitude is unforgivable.

Guest Ricardomeister

General, today for me was a day of stark contrast in how to do your job. On the one hand we had Phil Dowd who was responsible for quite possibly the worst refereeing decision I have seen in 38 years of watching football (as he saw the incident then chose to ignore the rules of the game). On the other hand we had the staff on the disabled coach no 2 (Sue..I think and I cannot remember the driver's name) who were both extremely helpful...Sue even walked me back to my car and carried my bag for me as my "carer" lives down south and obviously was not there to help me. Even though we lost it was still a great day out with great fans and let's hope we can bounce back next weekend.

General the lads gave their all today and you can ask no more. Unfortunately a couple of below par performances and an imcpetent ref cost us in the end.

Fans also did us proud today General, and I include myself in that, and showed the Man Utd fans up for what that are.

All the best General. Heres hoping we make the FA Cup final and you can come over and join us in supporting the lads to a victory.

General, there is something about standing with 31,000 people and feeling a way that you know only you will ever understand, then realising that each and every one of them feel that way too.

There's something about singing 'til your chest hurts, as one; about standing for something and with people who also stand for those things.

There is pride in belonging to this thing we have, I know it's different but I know you understand the pride of belonging to a thing.

Please thank the players, manager and our owner for me; today I was very proud.

General the lads gave their all today and you can ask no more. Unfortunately a couple of below par performances and

is that an oxymoron???

The fact they were below par in terms of performance doesn't mean they didn't give there all does it?

I'll forgive any player who makes a **** up but has done his best in terms of effort and I think even the harshest critic would struggle to find any player in claret and blue today that didn't put a shift in.

Despite the loss, one of the best days of my life I would have to say. Never been to see Villa in a Cup Final before so it was a dream come true and it's all down to the hard work yourself, Randy, MON and everyone else at the club have put in over the last 4 years. Thank you very much and I look forward to more of the same!

General

Today was the best game I've ever been to. It was a very emotional game for me and it is one I will never forget. Please thank all the players and staff from Doris to tea lady to Martin O'Neill and let them know we are all very proud of the players even though we lost. We still outsung the plastic mancs at full time even when they had just won.

Rich

General,

Today was my first Villa final I have attended.

But never have I felt so much togethership and pride in my years supporting Aston Villa (although I am only 19)

The feeling of all the loyal Villa supporters together, singing and wanting it so much. Even in the pubs beforehand. The general atmosphere and feeling was just immense.

At the end of the match it was like trying to swallow an elephant. I felt gutted not just for my own happiness of winning the cup, but for all the fans, all the players, all the staff behind the scene like yourself. We have been building for four years and it just felt like destiny. It was great that although we do get our back up as fans in some matches and get a bit unpatient that we stayed to clap our players and cheer our players after the final whistle. Not every teams fans would have done that im sure.

I was one of the last people out of the ground and i've never felt so much pride wearing my Villa shirt through all those Mancs.

As you say we will come through this a better and stronger team. It will thrive those players on to get there and go one step further.

I know we like a good moan and whinge but at the end of the day I think I speak for us all when I say,

I am PROUD and almost find it an honour to support such a team and club as ASTON VILLA, and may I put many thanks to you, Randy, and all the staff which maybe don't get the recognition they should do at the club.

Thank you.