General Krulak (part 3) - Questions

BOF

General, having seen the prices for the semi final, i got to say well played to the whole club for the pricing, especially having young adults on concession pricing - im aware chelsea havnt done that so big up to the club!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General Krulak here:

1. Baby kits: I am not sure what happened here. When my youngest grandson was born, we got the little "bunny" suits with a Villa deal on the front. I thought that we still sold those. I will check.

2. Pricing for semi-final. As I have said many times before, we do try to recognize the issues of the economy and when possible, we try to help out. We don't always get it right but we sure do try to take the economy into effect.

Hello General

Being mindful of what is within Aston Villa's control and what is not, who would be the best person to write to at Wembley to explain that, with regard to the categorisation of seats, sitting in the front row of the top tier (say, near the halfway line) is emphatically NOT the same as sitting in the front row of the lower tier (say, behind the goal net)? One gives you a fantastic perspective on the pattern of the game, the other leaves you grateful for the big screen! I do wonder if these people have ever watched a game of football.

Anyway, 10/11 prices look good to me and the distribution of the semi-final tickets has obviously been extremely well designed. :thumb:

hi general.

can you please explain why we bother with a loyalty point system as it seems like we are never going to be using it. i no its not really an issue for the semi final as all sth will get tickets. but if we got the final i cant accept people who have attended 3 fa cup games having priorty over people with loads of loyalty points and good away booking history

Gen

Can I just say something regarding the FA Cup tickets as I know Nicky Keye reads this thread. It is not about me (however I am in the same boat to a lesser extent, but my mate).

I understand that the Semi Final is fine, we are all guarenteed tickets, and going the other week, I think we have all realised that no matter where you sit in Wembley - you've got a good view - so it's just about being there.

However, if and I mean IF the final (lets hope) was done in the same way , my mate - who has

a) Been a season ticket holder for at least 35 yrs (maybe more)

B) Between about 1977 and 2006 - must have missed maybe 5 away games IN TOTAL over 20 yrs

c) Since 2006 , to this season - probably missed a maximum of 2 games a season

d) This year, been to I reckon about 5 away games.

In short - has probably been to more games than virtually everyone on this board put together - and I would guess have the most loyalty points of anyone one here.

Would be worried about getting a ticket for the final because on the day of the Brighton game, had to fly out to America for an urgent business meeting.

40 yrs of going to 98% of the games home away and Europe and would be struggling to get a ticket coz he couldn't get to a game that cost £10.

Would seem very very harsh.

As I said, Semi , no bother, we are all gonna get tickets - but please bear this in mind for the final - surely to god the Loyalty scheme has to be the fairest option (and if we are never going to use it - why have it)

I know it is presuming, but I think a lot on here, and other boards need putting out of our misery on how they would be distributed. Can you at least let us know - then we will have an idea on where we stand.

Paul

EDIT

Also a friend has just raised something. Next years season tickets are now on sale - will this have any say. ie: A season ticket is worth 400 loyalty points isn't it ?. So if you bought it now, would you get 400 extra, or would you get priority if you have already signed up etc...

Lots to answer and I think people need to know. Sorry to be a bit of a moaner here, but I have said constantly for two years - "Gen, can you clarify the position of the club if we reach a cup final, regards tickets etc.." and I was always told "We'll cross that bridge". Now we are potentially 40 days away and it still seems we haven't a clue.

General/ Nicky as a season ticket holder i'm not bothered about the way you are doing tickets for the semi as I know I will get a ticket and I was happy the way the final ticket were done. What I want to ask is that if you do you use the loyalty scheme at some point please make sure its going to work as I have already found out that I have lost a few years of points due to client refs not being able to be merged. Well done so far

Guest Ricardomeister

General, good to see that ambulant disabled are mentioned on the ticketing info this time :winkold: I know there will always be some people who feel hard done by but I cannot see a fairer way of allocation than this. As for the final (if we get there), I may be wrong, but I thought there were 25,000 full season ticket holders so if the allocation for the final is 25,000 then I would assume that there would be no need to worry about getting a ticket if you are one of those full season ticket holders as I would assume they would get priority .

General Krulak here:

1. Baby kits: I am not sure what happened here. When my youngest grandson was born, we got the little "bunny" suits with a Villa deal on the front. I thought that we still sold those. I will check.

2. Pricing for semi-final. As I have said many times before, we do try to recognize the issues of the economy and when possible, we try to help out. We don't always get it right but we sure do try to take the economy into effect.

Hi General, just to clarify the issue, the baby bunny suits are available but sizes only start from 0-3 months. Not sure if this is an american/english type thing but baby clothes in the uk start from new born size. Villa do not seem to have any baby clothes in this size.

Hi General, sorry to bother you with this but... i've had a season ticket for 17 years and go as many games as possible in the league and any cup competition we are in, however this season, after having been to the UEFA qualifer in Vienna, 90% of away league games and all the Carling Cup games, i just couldn't afford the FA Cup games too. So my question to you is, although i know i will get a semi final ticket, will my loyalty points be taken into consideration if/when we reach the final. Surely somebody who goes week in week out takes priority, otherwise what is the point of the "Loyalty Scheme"??

Hello General,

Hope your well.

Don't listen to these moaners about Wembley tickecting issues, Villa have some of the most pathetic and embarrasing supporters around!

Demanding the club come out and announce how tickets are distributed for final is pathetic, when we have a SF to play against very difficult team. Announcing plans for a final prior to getting there, would make us a laughing stock.

Also General, a few people have mentioned the club using cup games next year to our vantage point by ensuring that we have full houses for undesirable games like scunthorpes, brightons etc! Maybe you could spin this off by saying, in event of progression......... We will use these games to prioritise!

Finally I had little problem with the TO which is now resolved!

Chow

General

Will you be able to be here for the semi final - if not don't worry, just come to the final - it's our year, it's written in the stars!

I have to agree with other season ticket holders posting on here about loyalty points. I except that, we will get tickets for the semi final but just because I want to sit with my family, we will have to wait until the 1 April to try and get our tickets.

Why - because my daughter who has kept her season ticket, despite being at university and knowing she would miss some games (that is loyalty!!) has of course missed the home FA Cup games and we want to sit with other family members who are in different blocks of Villa park (all of us have been to all the home FA cup games).

I am however worried about the final when (not if) we get there. We are not going to have enough tickets for season ticket holders. My wife and I have had season tickets since 1981 - is that actually going to count for anything, because loyalty to the club is tougher in the bad years - believe me.

Hello General

Being mindful of what is within Aston Villa's control and what is not, who would be the best person to write to at Wembley to explain that, with regard to the categorisation of seats, sitting in the front row of the top tier (say, near the halfway line) is emphatically NOT the same as sitting in the front row of the lower tier (say, behind the goal net)? One gives you a fantastic perspective on the pattern of the game, the other leaves you grateful for the big screen! I do wonder if these people have ever watched a game of football.

Anyway, 10/11 prices look good to me and the distribution of the semi-final tickets has obviously been extremely well designed. :thumb:

General,

In support of the post from Stephen_Evans

I know that this is not in AVFC's control but i too would also like to complain / voice my opinion ref the catorgarisation of the seats at Wembley.

I paid for 2 top price seats (£86 each) expecting a top view and ended up behind the corner flag 20 rows from the front. As a result ended up standing up all game where as friends who paid for the lowest cat seats(£38) had ''a great view'' The equivilant seats at VP would be Lower Doug right next to the Holte or Lower Holte in the corner!!......most definately not the top seats and not a top view.

I have learnt my lesson the hard way, as for the semi i will be buying cat 4 seats and take my chance.....the view could not be much worse and i'd save cash.

Wembley, The FA, The Football League or whoever need to review this as in reality it is just ripping off the fans. Is there any help that Aston Villa Football Club can do to help avoiding this in the future?

Perhaps a formal letter indicating a certain level of discontent from its supporters?

If through your connections you could find out who i should write to it would be much appreciated.

My advice to fellow Villans for the semi is dont bother paying top price as you will be in the bottom tier and with the view as it is, its not worth the extra.

PS, before anyone comes on telling me i'm moaning and i should be grateful to sit anywhere in the final....dont bother.....Yes i was happy and grateful to be at the final and would of sat anywhere......

All the best General and i hope you can make it over for the semi.......we need you!!!

General Krulak here:

1. Let me start by stating the following: I never count my chickens before they are hatched and I NEVER provide fodder to an opponent. Why we are talking about finals when we still have the semi-finals to play is beyond me. I think it would be extremely foolish for me or the Club to start describing the ticket situation for the FA Cup Final....can you imagine such comments being quoted in a London paper? I fight one battle at a time...I focus on that battle and do the best I can. What happens after that battle is for another day. Let's concern ourselves about the semi-final game...please.

2. If you have a concern with Wembley, write to Wembley. There is really not much that we can do about their seating priorities.

3. Stoke: A tough game at a tough location. It was not our best showing but few do well at Stoke. A point is a point. One game at a time...we need 3 points next game.

General Krulak here:

1. Let me start by stating the following: I never count my chickens before they are hatched and I NEVER provide fodder to an opponent. Why we are talking about finals when we still have the semi-finals to play is beyond me. I think it would be extremely foolish for me or the Club to start describing the ticket situation for the FA Cup Final....can you imagine such comments being quoted in a London paper? I fight one battle at a time...I focus on that battle and do the best I can. What happens after that battle is for another day. Let's concern ourselves about the semi-final game...please.

Morning General Sir

Truer words have never been posted on this site. Sadly I think you will find them STILL falling on deaf ears in some parts.

You truly can't please all the people all the time. I personally would like to see us going back to abject failure, flirting with relegation and going about our day to day business like a bunch of amateurs, things were just so much more simple back then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It makes you wonder sometimes....

As ever and to the whole operation - keep up the good work, thanks.

General Krulak here:

well you talked your way out of that poorly general. the club announced allocation details and that all season ticket holders would be guaranteed tickets for the league cup final before we even kicked a ball against blackburn in the semis so why are we not doing the same for the fa cup. there wouldnt be people moaning and questioning about fa cup final tickets if the club didnt put the tickets for the fa cup semi on priorty sale to all home fa cup attenders. surely for games of this size the loyalty point system should be being used.

General Krulak here:

1. Irish Cockney: Sometimes I feel exactly how you laid things out...thanks. k2hardcore: You need to read Irish Cockney's post. We aren't into the Finals yet...we have to play a semi-final game. Why can't you and others just hold onto your horses and help us win the next game....and let the ticket office people and the Villa Park people do their jobs. We are going to do the VERY BEST job we can pending the results of the next game. What more can anyone want? Seriously, we haven't even qualified yet and you are complaining about lack of info...makes no sense to me.

Well said General, I honestly can't believe people like k2hardcore at times.

You and the rest of the team are bringing the good times back to us and we are very, very grateful. :D

General Krulak here:

Morning General Sir

Truer words have never been posted on this site. Sadly I think you will find them STILL falling on deaf ears in some parts.

You truly can't please all the people all the time. I personally would like to see us going back to abject failure, flirting with relegation and going about our day to day business like a bunch of amateurs, things were just so much more simple back then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It makes you wonder sometimes....

As ever and to the whole operation - keep up the good work, thanks.

I get irishcockney's point General, but how much can we look to the past and say 'phew' glad we aren't back there? There comes a point when the past is just that and we cannot keep saying 'well, we sure are better off than then.' There comes a time when you have to draw a line and say this our thing now. Such complacency leads to trouble, imo. I think we should always look to push forward no matter where we are, finish, succeed. That is why Sir Alex is the best manager out there, his unwillingness to accept that he, Man United have 'made it.' Methinks you are of the same ilk Sir. I think the criticism of MON recently is a seeming acceptance that this how Villa play and this is the team and that's it. Saturday was a strange one considering his recent talk of squad rotation and yet it seemed no idea or reluctance to change things, in my opinion.