General Krulak (part 3) - Questions

BOF

General Krulak here:

1. Coops_AVFC: I am afraid that I have little to do with the Browns so I am not sure what Mike Holmgren has up his sleeve. I do think he is a smart guy and will do what needs to be done.

2. Thomas Cook train debacle: As I indicated, we asked Thomas Cook to investigate this issue and take appropriate action. They did just that and will be notifying their customers that they will refund all money involved with the trip. Although Villa had NO responsibility in this issue, we will be paying 50% of the refund because we believe our Fans and our reputation deserve to be treated justly.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General Krulak here:

2. Thomas Cook train debacle: As I indicated, we asked Thomas Cook to investigate this issue and take appropriate action. They did just that and will be notifying their customers that they will refund all money involved with the trip. Although Villa had NO responsibility in this issue, we will be paying 50% of the refund because we believe our Fans and our reputation deserve to be treated justly.

General Sir, Once again you and my club make me proud to be a Villa fan. We have a problem, we let you know, your team investigate and the problem is sorted. Thanks to all who have helped sort this mess. oh, and Happy Birthday for yesterday!!

Hi General, first of all, happy belated birthday!!

My second point is more of a observation re; world wide marketing, branding..When Randy and the team came on board (and thank god you did) i thought it would mean we would be more exposed in the U.S, I have seen really small signs of this happening (i travel between the US and UK on business). However I think we are missing a trick..We (my company) often use celebrity's to endorse our product, why cant we do the same with Villa...people like Tom Hanks stating Publically he supports Villa along with other people of note to run a campaign to do the same...Im sure with this kind of endorsement and ad campaign, you could dramatically increase the fan base thus increase the revenue etc...just a thought!!

Anyway again thanks for what Randy, you, MON and all the other members of the Villa family have done

General, happy birhtday, sorry its late

Just a quick question which is a bit different and you may not be able to asnwer. I was just wondering if at some point Randy would welcome investment from another person, if it was a life long Villa fan who had the same ideas as himself? Maybe even a silent partner kind of situation?

General Krulak here:

1. beasley14: I am afraid that I can't answer that one...not because I don't want to but because I have never asked him.

2. The Game: What a game???!!!!!!!!!?? I would have loved to have heard the half time talk by MON...it must have been something. I also wish I could bottle about 20 minutes of the game and bring it out when needed. These games bring me close to a heart attack.

Hi General, well two trips to wembley and still have an outside shot of 4th spot. Whatever happens it has been another good season of progression and my season ticket was again money well spent.

I know Randy is a private man, and doesnt like talking to the press but the fans would love to hear something from him, even if its just his thoughts on our progress so far. I know he likes to stay in the background and not have anything to do with the press (completely understandable), but it almost feels like he doesnt want to have anything to do with the fans either??

Would love to hear from the man himself, if just toi dispel some of the rumours floating round about cut backs etc.

As to the team, well Martins insistence on playing Cuellar at RB instead of Luke Young, one of the best RB's in the country (When Cuellar is a world class centre back, but hapless at RB) is still completely baffling me. Its becoming obvious we need a real quality signing up front, and to cut loose one of Heskey / Carew in the summer (Carew being the younger and more productive goal wise of the two being the one id keep, I just know its going to be the other way round though) along with sorting CM (selling Sidwell, sorting the reo coker situation one way of the other i.e he starts using him or sells him). Other wise the team looks in great shape and Martin is doing a quality job getting us fighting regulary for trophies.

Hi General

Just an idea on ways for paying for season tickets that might help boost attendance.

Why not set up a monthly direct debit scheme so you can pay monthly over 10 or 12 months? Automatic renewals, you could include some interest so it would be slightly cheeper to buy a ST up front (as I'm sure the club would preffer the revenue in advance).

It's just another option that might suit some people better than the current arrangements.

Gen

That is a great idea - currently, I put money by each month to save, but if I could just pay it direct debit, how much fuss it would save.

From the clubs point of view, you would have 30000 people money in the bank each month gaining interest - makes sense all around.

Also, how about family tickets. At present me and my two kids go as we can't afford one for my wife. If you got two adults two kids at a discount , we'd look.

As I said a few pages ago, this is the only part of the club off field I have been disappointed in - how to attract season ticket holders.

By the way, one thing I would not like, and I know it has happened in the past is paying a surcharge for direct debit, you don't anywhere else, and actually, when it comes to paying your bills, you get a discount for direct debit

It is definately the way to go.

There's no better way to attract new season ticket holders than to have 2 possibly 3 trips to wembley for those that already are !!.... :D

Belated Birthday wishes Gen, What's the Doc say about coming over to the Semi ?

General Krulak here:

1. carlitobrigante: Randy: Your questions are the very reason why Randy doesn't want to talk (among others)...he has no interest talking about money and cut backs with Fans or Media. He simply says, "Watch me...look at my actions and deeds, not my words." He is a VERY private man and believes that his actions are what counts. Lot's of people can say lots of things...he is not one of them. It has ZERO to do with how he feels about the Fans. If the Fans don't know what Randy thinks of them, then all the talking in the world won't make a difference. He shows his feeling is so many ways that to even question it is wrong in my opinion. It has been over 4 years since Randy started looking at Villa and he didn't talk then and he is not about to start now. Let's just accept the man for who he is. As for the team, obviously I am not going to comment on how our Manager manages the lads.

2. Payment schemes: From the Clubs standpoint, it is better to get the money all in one amount or over a few months than spreading it out over 12 months. I am not sure that such a scheme would be viable at this point in time. We do have a stretch payment scheme but not one over 12 months.

sorry to hijack the generals thread but just a quick suggestion reference season tickets. I have a barclaycard premiership credit card. This allows me to buy my season ticket at 0% interest for 12 months. Allows me to spread my payments over the year without incurring any charges.

General, with the direct debit 12 month payment scheme.... how about offering it to start 1st Feb for season starting August, by kickoff 7 months will be in the kitty?

It means a bit of forward planing but is easier for those who need to plan ahead