• Downing
    • A Young
    • Milner
    • Petrov
    • Agbonlahor
    • Heskey
    • Sidwell (on as sub late on)

ha, just watching fat sams interview again on SSN

"last game we had an outstanding ref in clattenburg, today we didnt and the ref has cost us a place in the final" etc

of course you thought clattenburg had an outstanding game- he missed 2 pens and failed to send off at least one of your players when they deserved it.

moaning about gabbys goal as well, saying hed seen the replay and it hit his hands. the replay they showed on BBC one from behind the goal showed it hitting gabbys stomach, nothing wrong with it.

thankfully MON put him to rights in his interview

can i take this opportunity to draw attention to much maligned heskey - quality rounding the keeper (even if he was an his ar se by the time the ball hit the net) and even a bit of back-heel showboating from him too

Heskey is getting better and better.

And I like that he is tactically very smart, and he has nice touches. I think Gabby lack that smartness, Gabby, when he is off form, seems to shoot when he should go round the keeper, try to go round the keeper when he should shoot and shot low when he should lift the ball. Iy just seems that it is going too fast for him to think.

And we can laugh that Heskey is almost falling over when he scores, but he is good enough and smart enough to round the keeper at the right time, so the goal is open and it doesn't matter if he is off balance.

I would like to see more of Heskey and Delfouneso now for some matches to give Gabby some rest.

Que Sera, Sera, Whatever will be, will be, we're going to Wembley, Que Sara Sara!

I have a man crush on Milner, what a player.

About time we had a final. Don't agree with pitch invasion, we're only in the final anyway.

Heskey had another good game, and we scored 6 goals with him in the team, I don't understand the digs he gets. Some of his touches were sublime, even if he missed the odd run to play a pass in.

I think MON did the right thing keeping the same 11 on for that long, we were controlling the game and we have a game on Saturday where the rest can play. The important thing was holding on.

Fantastic Game, truly great cup football, one end to the other, loaded with goals and incidents, brilliant for Villa, that must be one of the all time best LC semi's, and fair play to Blackburn because they gave there all.

Thought we really earned that Wembley place, we now go to the most important games in a very very long time for Villa. A League Cup Final at Wembley.

well what a game .. had a bad feeling all day we might lose this one and at 2-0 down it didn't look good .. was thinking if we can get in 2-0 down at half time MON may be able to work his magic , but his magic wasn't really required in the end :-)

Guzan 4 was a worry , that's 3 games in a row where he has been error prone .. every team is gonna target him on crosses

Warnock - 8 though should have done better for the first goal

Dunne 7- committed as ever

Collins 6 - looks unfit at present and not the class act before his injury

Cuellar 6 was horribly exposed at RB and MON needs to decide between Collins and Carlos and play Young at right back

Downing - 7 still bottles the odd tackle after his injury

Milner 7 - almost invisible first 30 mins or so

Petrov - 7 - as per Milner but stamped his class as the match went on

Young 7.5 - great goal and the extra .5 ..I don't really like this switching wings stuff , would prefer Young to stay on the left wing where he seems to enjoy it more

Gabby - 6.5 usual Gabby , some great hold up play but also some terrible first touches and seems to be turning into Ash Young by looking at the ref all the time

Heskey -6.5 - invisible for the first half it was around the 19 min mark when he touched the ball properly for the first time but when we went 4-2 up he started to become up for it and actually did quite well ,though he did try hard to slip and miss his chance :--) .. now this is where the Heskey fan club come out and tell me i'm wrong and how he warranted a 10 etc but even if your eyes had stopped working , listen to the match commentary on BBC , most occasions the ball was played into him and he held the ball too long or played the wrong option ..

at 5-2 would have been nice to rest a very tired Milner or equally tired Petrov ..but maybe their 3rd goal came too quickly for MON to consider it ... hopefully we will rest a few for the Brighton game ...

even if your eyes had stopped working , listen to the match commentary on BBC , most occasions the ball was played into him and he held the ball too long or played the wrong option ..

While I disagree about the Heskey comments I wouldn't listen to that commentary again if I was paid. Young being called Agbonlahor was one of my favourite moments.

Heskey fan club come out and tell me i'm wrong and how he warranted a 10 etc but even if your eyes had stopped working , listen to the match commentary on BBC , most occasions the ball was played into him and he held the ball too long or played the wrong option ..

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Even the commentators said that the when Heskey got onto the ball, he was completly isolated with no options and therefore he held onto it in order to keep possesion rather than trying to force a pass which he probably wouldn't pull off.

Can't believe that of all games in the season THIS one I overslept. Chuffed to be in the final, but......wow. What an insane match it must have been.

I'm dying to see some highlights, or rather the whole game! BBC is probably prohibited from us foreigners, so putting my faith into one of you excellent Villatalkers.

I said after eight goals that I'd never seen nine goals in a game before.

Still haven't.

Not good enough.

Loved the sign on the screens on the way out too which I'm sure has already been put up, great touch!

What a fantastic, mad, stupid crazy game this is!

My throat hurts and I'm looking to move the pain to my head using booze.

Unbelievable atmosphere, the walk to the car was fantastic, cars beeping their horns on the Witton Road and singing all over the place. (Including what looked like Gabby and Ash stuck in the traffic beeping their horns, definitely Gabby's cars)

I just can't find words for it, it was just...I can't find words for it.

Is this heaven?

40,402 or something like that, heskey looked good when we had momentum, but shocking when we didnt, the 1st 20mins his performance was unacceptable bordering on the worst ive ever seen, last 20 fonz should have come on to press their back 3

overall, for all the faults very good game, amazing atmosphere, when we were good we were very good, when we were bad we were as bad as we've been all season, lack of subs is still a concern IMO, downing had been limping for 10mins before coming off for sidwell, what was the harm in giving albrighton a run?

and what was with fat sam moaning about the pen and red card? and blackburn fans chanting cheats outside? looked an all dayer to me from the holte