• Warnock
    • Downing
    • A Young
    • Milner
    • Petrov
    • Agbonlahor
    • Heskey
    • Sidwell (on as sub late on)

I really have nothing to say, words can't describe my feelings or how ridiculous that game was. Went quiet for a bit in the middle of the 2nd half, but the atmosphere was incredible, even at 2-0 down.

Fair play to Blackburn for putting up a fight and going for it in the 2nd half, even with the risk of getting embarassed. Guzan was shocking, can't really remember a worthwhile save he made, hopefully just a one off for him. He's not the best with his crosses, but thankfully both Citeh and United prefer to play the ball on the floor. Most players were great tonight, Cuellar was a bit off as was Collins. Overall just fantastic, delihted to see Ash really have a go at his man again!

Wembley!

i thought guzan made a good reaction save for their 2nd goal, was just unlucky it fell right at the feet of kalinic rather than one of our players

This is the Guzan issue. The stop he put in before the follow-up shot was outrageously good but his decision-making and command of area is highly suspect.

Heskey - 5 - Scored, wahay! Nearly missed it though and was ineffective all game. Not on the same wavelength as the rest of our attackers, had a couple of chances for 1-2's and just didn't have the vision to see them.

What the ****? Were you watching the game or was it with your eyes closed and you just wrote what you wanted to happen?

His link up play was superb all night, he took his goal exceptionally well, could have had a second apart from a world class save from Robinson and his pass to Gaby for the penalty was exceptional.

MOTM for me.

Over the **** moon. Still buzzing from the game & the atmosphere

Special, special night

Posted some Rapidshare links here taken from the BBC coverage. (Credit to Dumont)

Thank you very very much!

What a game, couldn't believe we were **** it up so early. Was silent from their 2nd to our first.

Just stunned. The first half was mad enough, but the second? Jeez!

Guest Ricardomeister

I am not sure that I have seen a team scoring 6 goals in a game play so badly for large periods but I don't really care as I am looking forward to seeing Villa at the new Wembley instead of England! I didn't think we would do things the easy way but I didn't see that coming.

I am not sure why we started so slowly but at least we battled back well before taking our foot off the pedal.

It will be interesting to see what happens re the defence for the final. Surely MON has now realised that Luke Young has to come back as right back as the team has no balance with Carlos there. Also, Guzan needs to get his flapping at high balls sorted. I pointed out before the game that this was a worry and he was all over the place at the start, and he must have been as glad as I was when Samba got sent off. I presume MON will probably stick with him but, although whoever we play in the final will not be as direct as Blackburn, he needs to put in lots of practice on crosses.

I don't think it matters too much who we get in the final (I would prefer Man Ure) but I think the underdogs tag will suit us. The only thing for certain is that we will have to play much better than we did tonight.

I'm off to watch the game again on sky plus!

UTV SOTC

So Sam Allardyce had trouble with 3 things.

The foul on Nelsen for our first goal.... I didn't see it again so I don't know

Gabby's 'double handball' for his deflected goal. He was trying to get his hands out of the way and the ball hit them as they were pressed against his chest. Imagine if the ref disallowed that goal...

The sending off of Samba. This one makes me laugh. Sam all of a sudden because the decision has gone against him wants to change the rule and blames the ref because if a player mistimes a tackle and is the last man, but genuinely tried to take the ball, he should get a yellow and not a red. And it's Atkinson's fault. I somewhat agree with the rule being a little harsh, but it's such a grey area, it's probably better that it errs on the side of harshness.

I used to like Big Sam, but tonight he came across as a complete fool

Cuellar 5 - Was definately our weak link tonigh. Much better when he plays in the centre. Similare to Mellberg in a way. Luke Young is a far more assured right back and we are spoiled for centre backs at the minute which is no bad thing!

Yeah, I think Carlos is great at centre back but no point having him overlapping when attacking at right back, offers almost nothing. Which isn't his fault. We've got a right back who's played for England there so why not use him?

yes Heskey was very good but i'm sure he'll still be the "nah he was shit" player tonight for some ;)

People behind me blamed him for both their goals, i turned around after the second one and just said, how is he to blame? its nothing to do with him, they were quiet after that! great strike and performance from the big man.

Amazing game. Felt like crying when we were 2-0 down. Comfortable after the pen.

I went on the pitch right at the end of the invasion and i have to say that standing on the villa park pitch looking at the holte end madly celebrating is something that will live with me for a long time. I know people shouldnt have done it but i dont regret it.

Big Sam's always been a pillock, since the time my Dad's Girlfriend saw him in Spain a couple years ago and said "Good luck for the England Job" and he said "can't you see im on holiday" and walked away.
Typical fat man syndrome :lol:

Just got back. What a game, what a night. Thought stan was motm tonight he made the whole team keep going a proper captains performance.

Want utd in final to avoid all the Barry hype. And I think it will be easier to bear them.

Anyone else slightly embarassed by the pitch invasion?

Embarassed???? I've never been so proud in all my life.

Watching all the villa fans waving there flags from the pitch was a moment in my life. I only live to regret I didnt make it on myself.

O'Neill straight in aftwards :lol:

Just seen that, man I dont think I ever seen a better interview by Mon. Having non of fat sam wallowing about refs decisions and at the end "who do you fancy in the final?" "I couldnt care less".