LC: SF Blackburn a Match Thread 2010/01/14 20:00

limpid

Old news but it's on our OS now

OS"]Semi Latest

Villa can confirm Blackburn are in contact with the Football League regarding prospects for this evening's Carling Cup semi-final clash at Ewood Park.

This follows club discussions with police and the Met Office.

Stay tuned to www.avfc.co.uk for more news as we get it regarding the match

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be on

what makes you say that?

1) It's on SKY

2) Birmingham to Blackburn is practically all motorway, M42/M5 (from the south), M6, M65. Ewood Park is 1km from junction 4 of the M65. No-one should have any problems.

3) We knew about the weather for ages, the ground staff will have been working consistently to keep the public areas of the ground ice free.

I'm driving fom Derby at 4 and even that is only 5 roads. A38S. A50, A500, M6, M65 - all main roads with more than one lane of traffic. No-one should have a problem. Not least the fact that snow is only expected until around noon in Blackburn.

1. Indeed it is on Sky.

2. Those motorways as per my previous post are not easy roads, THEN you have the local roads which are poorly gritted and proving a nightmare. All Blackburn busses are stopped as an indication.

If the police think that getting from the motorways to the ground is too dangerous it will be off. If I were to bet on it currently, living 15 or so miles away, I'd bet that I'll be sat watching telly tonight and not at Ewood.

The clubs will need to decide pretty much just after noon to allow everyone to get to the match on time, home fans, away fans and players. So if it snows until noon and it shows no sign of letting up here the easiest decision will be to say no and come back another day.

Ah **** it, hope it's on I really do, but i'm using my non refundable train tickets and going for a drink in Preston anyway!

Snap - we are booked in the Preston travel lodge. Unless its called off before we leave at 12, a night on the pop in Preston it will be !

And you ca't assume everyone is coming from Birmingham...I live outside Bewdley and can't even get up the hill outside my house. Announcement at 5pm? I need to leave here now to get there, even then would need a snow plough..

Call it off!!!

Ah **** it, hope it's on I really do, but i'm using my non refundable train tickets and going for a drink in Preston anyway!

Snap - we are booked in the Preston travel lodge. Unless its called off before we leave at 12, a night on the pop in Preston it will be !

Same here! Although on the 2.20 train leaving work at 12.30

Snows just stopped in Solihull, could it be a sign? :)

im on hagley road and out my window the snow has stopped..

(not that this has any effect on blackburns weather..) but it's a plus point never-the-less