LC: SF Blackburn a Match Thread 2010/01/14 20:00

limpid

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Morning all,

just called the Rovers ticket office (98712221444) who say for now the game is still on but that if a decision is made later on to call it off they cannot do anything about it.

Not saying it is defo on but just relaying some info.

I work in recruitment and have just spoken to one of our contractors who lives in Blackburn.

He's not made it into work this morning but says he sees no reason why it won't go ahead tonight as they've forecasted a bit of sunshine for the afternoon and no more heavy amounts of snow, this is liable to change but I am remaining optimistic :)

This game is NOT going ahead. No chance I'm afraid. Been on so many forums reading peoples quotes who are in the area and its just chaos. **** it!

Thanks a lot for your optimism and insightful thoughts, I'll choose to await an official update thanks.

I live a stones throw from Ewood Park, although snowing heavily it is NOT slippy slow. Noone is slipping/falling and on that basis it could go ahead. However, the main roads are atrocious so if it does get called off, Blackburn have done all they could. It is down to the council to grit the roads. As per usual they don't care for others safety.

Just rang up Ewood park. Woman says there's about 6 inches of snow on the ground with it still snowing heavily and not showing any signs of stopping. She said there will be an announcement at 11am but it's not looking promising unfortunately.

I work at Umbro in Cheshire and we supply Blackburn so I'm due to be going up there tonight.. I've not made it into the office as yet (and don't look likely as it's chaos here).

I've just had a call from our Sports Marketing Director who has spoken to the club. There's going to be an inspection of the surrounding area (not the pitch) somewhere between 10-10.30 and a decision will be made. He's going to call me as soon as he hears from the club.

I'll keep you posted.

This game is NOT going ahead. No chance I'm afraid. Been on so many forums reading peoples quotes who are in the area and its just chaos. **** it!

Thanks a lot for your optimism and insightful thoughts, I'll choose to await an official update thanks.

I'm just telling it as it is. They are not meant to be insightful thoughts, if you read the post it says that people in the Blackburn area have said it is chaos. Sorry if you want optimism, this is a Villa site after all. :winkold: