LC: SF Blackburn a Match Thread 2010/01/14 20:00

limpid

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just don't think this will be on, spoken to a couple of people in the North West and they have it bad up there this morning. Plenty of schools shut or being shut, roads are a nightmare and grit is apparantly rarer than a Risso's praise of Heskey.

Gutted.

I'm on a Blackburn forum, I will post any news from there on here. One poster has just said its the worst he has seen there in 20 years!!!

Massive problems between Blackburn and Manchester which is affecting the M6, one section closed apparantly.

I personally think this will be called off based on safety concerns for those travelling to the game but we will have to wait and see.

Just asked peoples opinions on the Blackburn forum and this was a reply from one of the usually sensible posters

Posted Today, 08:21 AM

This game wont be able go ahead now its like Lapland up here snowing heavily at the moment.

Dont attempt to travel to Blackburn unless you've got a sleigh.

According to evryone up there its gonna be off, BUT they are basing that on current conditions and the BBC says it'll clear by noon and wont snow anymore today. Question is, will the damage have been done by then? Their reserve match WAS called off last night but as I say, that was when it was bad snow so........ :?

The pitch should be fine its about the roads around the ground and the motorways etc, might be delayed kick off. Might even get a load of rain this afternoon. Too early to tell really

From Rovers forum.

Posted Today, 08:54 AM

Well i'm not going, just tried to get my car off the drive and got stuck. Car is now abandoned.

Lots & lots of snow here in Newton le Willows.

M6 has major problems, no way the game will go ahead.

Posted Today, 08:55 AM

Bobby G, on 05 January 2010 - 08:39 AM, said:

So for people who live in and around Blackburn, you see no chance of this going ahead?

Im not sure if this has been mentioned but our reserves games was called off last night too.

The game WILL definitely be called OFF Bobby G.

Theres absolutely no chance its snowing constantly.

There isn't a prayer of this one being on is there? :(

Doubt it, only way is if it stops snowing soon and clears up and they go out and grit the roads BEFORE they have chance to call it off. I f they make a final decision whilst it is still snowing then it will be called off 100%.

It is meant to stop snowing at 11ish but I fear the axe will have fallen by then.