LC: SF Blackburn a Match Thread 2010/01/14 20:00

limpid

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm at the point now where I want them to call it off.

I'd hate for it to go ahead yet be stranded on the M6 not able to get to the game.

They really need to make sure it's next Thurs, it CANNOT be Wed (from my own personal point of view).

This game is NOT going ahead. No chance I'm afraid. Been on so many forums reading peoples quotes who are in the area and its just chaos. **** it!

Thanks a lot for your optimism and insightful thoughts, I'll choose to await an official update thanks.

I'm just telling it as it is. They are not meant to be insightful thoughts, if you read the post it says that people in the Blackburn area have said it is chaos. Sorry if you want optimism, this is a Villa site after all. :winkold:

Here is your official line.

Posted Today, 10:18 AM

official site

Having been in regular contact with the Police and the Met Office for the last few hours, we are now in dialog with the Football League concerning the prospects for this evening's Carling Cup semi-final 1st leg tie against Aston Villa.

We will make an announcement as soon as possible regarding the game.

Seems no away fan is going to be able to get there! Pelting down in Selly Oak

I'm hoping I should be okay leaving from Stoke, sounds like I might be the only one there out of 5,300 which should be funny.....

Picking my mate up from Stoke should the game go ahead. That should be fun...

I'm live up by the m54 and just done a recce up to the m6 and it didn't look that bad and its not snowing here now. Saying that a couple of my colleagues are stuck on the motorways around manchester.

So could go either way yet!

Yeh... I don't think this game will be happening tonight, the snow is crazy here in Birmingham... the north-west have already had their shit loads of snow (and is still snowing); it'd be wise to call this off pretty soon unless they're sure the weather will settle down and the roads are safe-ish which I don't think will happen.