LC: SF Blackburn a Match Thread 2010/01/14 20:00

limpid

By the way, many people in the continent don't invest in winter tyres. They help, however many drive without them. They often aren't required due to the fact that the road problems are dealt with very well. Whereas everyone in England begins to panic at the sign of snow.

It's the law in Germany that you have to have winter tyres when the temperature is consistently below freezing. If you don't then your insurance is invalid and you're driving illegally.

This is true, however many people still drive without them. Just like many people go over the recommended speed limit on the Autobahn, thus meaning that if you have an accident it is your fault (no matter who hit who).

Anyway, back on topic. I haven't got anything to do tonight now.... :(

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People don't seem to realise that it's not the state of the pitch that matters. it's the state of the surrounding areas, infrastructure etc. That's why it's off, people can't get to the game

By the way, many people in the continent don't invest in winter tyres. They help, however many drive without them. They often aren't required due to the fact that the road problems are dealt with very well. Whereas everyone in England begins to panic at the sign of snow.

It's the law in Germany that you have to have winter tyres when the temperature is consistently below freezing. If you don't then your insurance is invalid and you're driving illegally.

This is true, however many people still drive without them. Just like many people go over the recommended speed limit on the Autobahn, thus meaning that if you have an accident it is your fault (no matter who hit who).

Anyway, back on topic. I haven't got anything to do tonight now.... :(

Well you could always drive up to Blackburn and help clear peoples drives :lol:

leave work at 3, going home to drown my sorrows on Football Manager!

I'm gonna have a word with my Team Leader and see if I can come in at 7am next thursday, so that I can leave at 3 without using any holiday (if the game is defo next Thursday)

lol at James Collins!

That would be funny if you actually wrote what you were on about.

For those who dont have Twitter Maradonna means this

Game off....and stuck in the **** hotel in Preston of all places!!

Well you could always drive up to Blackburn and help clear peoples drives Laughing

Or use the spare time to pop round to an elderly neighbour to make sure they are OK and if they need anything from the shops ............. Boy Scouts never forget

lol at James Collins!

That would be funny if you actually wrote what you were on about.

For those who dont have Twitter Maradonna means this

Game off....and stuck in the **** hotel in Preston of all places!!

You only needed to look a couple of posts up :P

It's really bad up in Cumbria & Lancaster. I had to dash to Newcastle yesterday to take my son back to Uni because the roads had

been closed. We'd already got loads of snow you should see it now!

Sensible decision I think - annoying for people with days off work etc but think what the roads will be like tonight coming back when more snow has fallen and are frozen. Hope that we still keep the advantage of playing at home second.

SSN also just said game set to be resheduled for Tues/Weds of next week...but what's interesting is that if Blackburn were to get a FA cup replay their game to be played this Monday coming up would be brought back to the Saturday...looks like that might happen now so this rearrangement can go ahead.

I may be wrong but I think SSN are making it up as they go along and talking out their arse, Blackburn already have a game on Monday (Man City I believe) there is no way it will be Tuesday and Wednesday is unlikely. It will be Thursday 14th.

Where are people getting this information about the game being rescheduled for next Thursday? I can't find anything official saying that.

Blackburn announced yesterday that next Thursday was provisionally set as a date should it be postponed

EDIT

From earlier in the thread

But if the match fails to get the go ahead then a week on Thursday – January 14 – has been provisionally pencilled in as an alternative date with the need to play the match before the second leg at Villa Park on January 20.

I may be wrong but I think SSN are making it up as they go along and talking out their arse, Blackburn already have a game on Monday (Man City I believe) there is no way it will be Tuesday and Wednesday is unlikely. It will be Thursday 14th.

Yea but as I just said if they were to get a replay in the FA cup game with us that game on Monday would be moved back to accomodate the FA cup replay...but now this has been postponed it may still be moved back and our game would be Tues/Weds. Hopefully it's on Thursday though.