LC: SF Blackburn a Match Thread 2010/01/14 20:00

limpid

One word - grit.

They have far more snow in Germany and in other parts of Europe. However, they manage to cope with it by using Snowploughs and grit. Absolutely shocking that they can't clear a few bloody roads....

You have never been to Blackburn then I take it? The surrounding areas are hilly and the main parking areas would be unable to park. I've spent a lot of time in Germany and often they have the same problems with travel, so it's not just this country. Maybe if people realised the problems you can get with adverse weather conditions and the need for safety then you wouldn't make frankly silly statements like you have done so.

Also do you invest in "winter" tyres like they do in the snowy parts of the continent? I suspect not

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm, I'm still not sure whether this is a good thing or bad thing regarding the match itself.

I'm pretty sure we will put out a full strength team at the weekend. However, will Blackburn play a slightly weakened team in order to give some players more rest for the semi?

It's a difficult one. I was well up for the match being played tonight and I'm worried that it will be bad for us being played next week. Oh well.....

I'm pretty sure we will put out a full strength team at the weekend. However, will Blackburn play a slightly weakened team in order to give some players more rest for the semi?

Blackburn are playing Monday though.

is the weather really that bad over there,or is blackburns pitch just shit,i was really looking forword to this game..

I'm afraid the weather really is that bad up here.

4 or 5 inches lying and it's still snowing. I live less than 1.5 miles from the Town centre and it took my neighbour over 20 minutes to get there and that was 4 hours ago and it's constantly snowed since then

One word - grit.

They have far more snow in Germany and in other parts of Europe. However, they manage to cope with it by using Snowploughs and grit. Absolutely shocking that they can't clear a few bloody roads....

If I went outside now and threw grit over the 7" of snow lying outside, my neighbours would rightly think I was a tool.

It's carnage up here this morning. Umbro are sending their staff home at 12, and my road is only accessible by 4x4.

I lived in Germany for 6 years and when the weather was like this it used to take 2 and a half hours to get to work when normally it would take 25 mins. Don't believe everything you read in the Daily Mail.

I was due to be sitting in the Directors Box tonight, live within a 40 min drive and I'm glad it's been called off. Maybe it hasn't hit wherever you are as bad as here yet but believe me, this isn't about Blackburn's pitch - it's about every road in a 60 mile radius.

One word - grit.

You have never been to Blackburn then I take it? The surrounding areas are hilly and the main parking areas would be unable to park. I've spent a lot of time in Germany and often they have the same problems with travel, so it's not just this country. Maybe if people realised the problems you can get with adverse weather conditions and the need for safety then you wouldn't make frankly silly statements like you have done so.

Also do you invest in "winter" tyres like they do in the snowy parts of the continent? I suspect not

I really don't see how what I said was at all a silly statement. Having lived on the continent myself for around 12 years of my life, I'm quite used to how they deal with various weather situations. In all honesty, they do it much better than England.

Germany doesn't have the same issues as England at all. Roads are cleared straight away and they combat the snow as fast as possible. Plus you don't find places in Germany running out of grit....

By the way, many people on the continent don't invest in winter tyres. They help, however many drive without them. They often aren't required due to the fact that the road problems are dealt with very well. Whereas everyone in England begins to panic at the sign of snow.

By the way, many people in the continent don't invest in winter tyres. They help, however many drive without them. They often aren't required due to the fact that the road problems are dealt with very well. Whereas everyone in England begins to panic at the sign of snow.

It's the law in Germany that you have to have winter tyres when the temperature is consistently below freezing. If you don't then your insurance is invalid and you're driving illegally.

When it snows there, things don't work any more either. I was flying into Nuremberg on Tuesday last week and my flight from Amsterdam was cancelled by air traffic control because it looked like it might snow heavily at my destination. I went via Zurich and arrived to rain and not one flake of snow in Nuremberg.

It happens...