LC: SF Blackburn a Match Thread 2010/01/14 20:00

limpid

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

our coach is leaving at 3 which was risky imo anyway, gonna be a right struggle now

You are joking aren't you?

Brum to Blackburn under normal conditions shouldn't take anything longer than between 2.5 and 3 hours, the route there is all along the M6 and eventually the M65, the stadium is one mile from the motorway junction so it really should NOT pose a massive problem.

If you cannot make it to Blackburn upon leaving at 3pm I will eat my own pants, the dirty ones in the washing basket too.....

our coach is leaving at 3 which was risky imo anyway, gonna be a right struggle now

You are joking aren't you?

Brum to Blackburn under normal conditions shouldn't take anything longer than between 2.5 and 3 hours, the route there is all along the M6 and eventually the M65, the stadium is one mile from the motorway junction so it really should NOT pose a massive problem.

If you cannot make it to Blackburn upon leaving at 3pm I will eat my own pants, the dirty ones in the washing basket too.....

I guarantee that if conditions do not change then you would be pushing it. From 21-29 is a mess and the M65, although the clearest Mway at present is still running at 20mph only.

It will be on

what makes you say that?

1) It's on SKY

2) Birmingham to Blackburn is practically all motorway, M42/M5 (from the south), M6, M65. Ewood Park is 1km from junction 4 of the M65. No-one should have any problems.

3) We knew about the weather for ages, the ground staff will have been working consistently to keep the public areas of the ground ice free.

I'm driving fom Derby at 4 and even that is only 5 roads. A38S. A50, A500, M6, M65 - all main roads with more than one lane of traffic. No-one should have a problem. Not least the fact that snow is only expected until around noon in Blackburn.

It will be on

what makes you say that?

1) It's on SKY

2) Birmingham to Blackburn is practically all motorway, M42/M5 (from the south), M6, M65. Ewood Park is 1km from junction 4 of the M65. No-one should have any problems.

3) We knew about the weather for ages, the ground staff will have been working consistently to keep the public areas of the ground ice free.

I'm driving fom Derby at 4 and even that is only 5 roads. A38S. A50, A500, M6, M65 - all main roads with more than one lane of traffic. No-one should have a problem. Not least the fact that snow is only expected until around noon in Blackburn.

It's not just about the motorways though is it...

It's about surrounding areas to the ground, the same reason Wigan v Bolton I think it was, was called off just before xmas...due to the paths and roads outside the ground, not the pitch itself or even the motorways.

Just had a text from my mate that reads as follows :

'Iv just called blackburn customer services and they said the game should def go ahead unless there is a major storm but will 100% no by 5pm'

Now I dont know how accurate this is but its what he has been told. 5pm is no use to anyone though ! Looks like we are going to be starting out about 12 then baring any further official announcements.