The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

18 hours ago, The_Rev said:

Matchroom and DAZN might feel differently.  An AJ - Fury fight would certainly help DAZN break into the UK market. 

I think they'll fight eventually just get the impression Joshua will delay it.

Canelo vs Smith tonight in a huge fight. 

Canelo wont lose on points as judges always side with him. Smith will have to knock canelo out to win.

Size wise smith looks huge next to him. But i think canelo will win on points

Just bought the DAZN app. 1.99 a month. Quality stream. Great presentation. Some great fights coming up plus lots of other sports. They'll likely hike the price up soon but not bad starting off.

Edited by Johnnyp

2 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

Just bought the DAZN app. 1.99 a month. Quality stream. Great presentation. Some great fights coming up plus lots of other sports. They'll likely hike the price up soon but not bad starting off.

Is there an extra charge for the fight it self

It just amazes me how strong canelo hits and he beat a much bigger guy than him. Smith tried but was out classed. Canelo was just all over him.

It does seem abit suspicious to me

Who next for him? Triple g again? Saunders? 

21 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

It just amazes me how strong canelo hits and he beat a much bigger guy than him. Smith tried but was out classed. Canelo was just all over him.

It does seem abit suspicious to me

Who next for him? Triple g again? Saunders? 

Nothing suspicious about it, he’s been caught and done already and still will be juicing up, just with better less detectable drugs now

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Nothing suspicious about it, he’s been caught and done already and still will be juicing up, just with better less detectable drugs now

Yea i know i should havs put a sarcastic emoji. He is definitely taking some kind of enhancement drugs.

That infected meat was utter nonsense

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yea i know i should havs put a sarcastic emoji. He is definitely taking some kind of enhancement drugs.

That infected meat was utter nonsense

I would love to see the trilogy fight with GGG , a lot of people think GGG is somewhat a diminished force and I can see that but suspect the drive within the man given the history of the two previous fights could well surprise a few. That said unless he KO’s ginger bollocks he has little chance of getting the decision given the previous results ( Byrd I’m looking at you) and probable 18th of September fight date with a probable full arena. Also 160 or 168? Likely 160 but would like a look at GGG at 168

Edited by Follyfoot

On 14/12/2020 at 16:30, Demitri_C said:

Fury wins easy. Wont be a ko but fury points win

I wouldn’t be surprised if Fury knocks him out. Klitchko and Ruiz put him on his arse. Not many other boxers have really had chance to hit him.

Canelo's home is likely 168 and beyond now. Can't see him returning to middleweight. He'll likely target Saunders next for his title. Historically, he's struggled, Canelo,  with fighters that have really good footwork like Mayweather, Lara and Trout. Saunders has great feet. However, Canelo is not the same fighter now compared to when he was a light middleweight. He's engaged beast mode now. Billy Joe probably gives it a better rattle than Smith but Canelo will overwhelm him i think. Saunders in May. Golovkin in September, what you'll imagine they'll do. Nobody cares about Caleb Plant.

Â