The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

1 minute ago, Genie said:

An absolute machine. Does he have anything to trouble AJ though?

Haven’t seen any sign that he has (yet) but you have to admire his approach. He’s got some stones on him. 

1 minute ago, Genie said:

An absolute machine. Does he have anything to trouble AJ though?

In the heavyweight division everybody has got a punchers chance. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Joshua tends to gas in the last rounds of fights, I'm not sure why he didn't go at him more aggressively in four and five.

Brunoesque

Edited by Follyfoot

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Joshua tends to gas in the last rounds of fights, I'm not sure why he didn't go at him more aggressively in four and five.

I think he punched himself out a bit in the third.   He didn't gas at all against Ruiz last year, but that was last year.  AJ looks like a guy who hasn't boxed in 12 months.  Ring rust.  I mean AJ knows he's won the fight if it goes the distance, I've got him 7-1 up in rounds (I gave Pulev the 5th) with that 10-7 factored in it means Pulev needs a knockout.  Joshua could just choose to see the fight out unless an opportunity comes his way, he certainly doesn't need to force anything. 

**edit** 

And of course he drops him three seconds after I press send. 😋

Edited by The_Rev
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Follyfoot said:

No I am excited, the undisputed heavyweight championship of the world to be fought between two UK boxers, Make it happen please

I love AJ but based on Fury's last performance I can see him making good work.of Joshua.

Joshua would have to improve his speed and timing alot IMO to catch Fury.

Just now, Genie said:

Chances of AJ / Fury next year? 

Fairly high. I think AJ vacates the WBO title so he doesn't have to fight Usyk next but he needs a legacy fight.  He's got the Klitschko win but that's going to be seen as a passing of the torch from the old generation to the new. Fury has the Wilder fights and his win over Klitschko seems like a bigger deal.  

• Like 1

Not sold on Joshua and always thought his fundamentals aren't elite. Jab, head movement, feet etc but have to say that was a very good performance. Looked seriously motivated. Needs to bring that same level of aggression against Fury. Needs to know at this stage of the game what he's good at and what he isn't. If he's tentative and tries to box Fury, he won't win.

Â