The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

• 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Doesn't Garcia fight under the Golden Boy banner ? If so, Campbell doesn't have a chance should it go to the cards.

Garcia's fights don't tend to go long. Campbell, if he's learned anything from Linares and Lomachenko fights, got to throw more punches. Hard one though, Garcia, although his opposition has been limited, his power looks legit. They must see something in him. Considerable step up from what he's fought so far. Also, this is on like main event 11 ish UK time. 

2 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Doesn't Garcia fight under the Golden Boy banner ? If so, Campbell doesn't have a chance should it go to the cards.

Sorry mate.  My bad. 113 115, 114 113, 118 110 - just been handed over 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Sorry mate.  My bad. 113 115, 114 113, 118 110 - just been handed over 

Don't think we'll need those. Garcia gonna mess him up i think. Buzzed him with the right hand in the 1st.

I thought maybe Campbell could have took a bit more of a risk and tried for a stoppage after the knockdown of Garcia. He seemed far too hesitant, I know the kids power has to be respected, but these fights are all about the little moments and Campbell should have took advantage of his moment, or at least tried to.

Edited by sheepyvillian

• 4 weeks later...

BBC Panorama will be worth watching Monday night.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000ry0d

A top boxing trainer shot and badly wounded. A former boxer executed in broad daylight. And a gangland killing at a weigh-in for a European title fight. Is organised crime involved in professional boxing?

Reporter Darragh MacIntyre investigates the murky world behind the glamour of the big fights and the suspected gangster who has been welcomed to boxing’s top table. Daniel Kinahan has been named in the courts as the head of one of Europe’s biggest drug cartels. So how did he become involved in setting up Britain’s biggest ever bout – the fight between Tyson Fury and Anthony Joshua to become the undisputed heavyweight champion of the world?

1 hour ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Doesn't make it right. I don't recall a similar situation in this part of the world before.

I didn't mention nothing about it being right. As for this part of the World, look up the shooting of Freddie Mills and also the shooting of Frank Warren. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I didn't mention nothing about it being right. As for this part of the World, look up the shooting of Freddie Mills and also the shooting of Frank Warren. 

Well aware of those cases alright and general underworld involvement in boxing but we are talking about the leader of one of the biggest international drug cartels being involved at the highest level which to my knowledge is unprecedented here. Anyway Panorama might be worth a watch.

Â