The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

55 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I haven't got much love for Saunders, but there's no denying his natural ability. 

I would love to see Canelo lose, can't warm to the man one bir.

Saunders has talent and he knows how to mind himself in the ring. Canelo shouldn't have his career defined by the tainted meat incident. He's a superb fighter. When all is said and done i think he'll be the best Mexican fighter ever. He'll go beyond Chavez. His CV is fantastic as it is if he were to stop right now. Don't know what's the plan though if he cleans out 168lbs and he will. Dipped his toe in at light heavyweight to beat kovalev but some big boys up at that weight.

16 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Saunders has talent and he knows how to mind himself in the ring. Canelo shouldn't have his career defined by the tainted meat incident. He's a superb fighter. When all is said and done i think he'll be the best Mexican fighter ever. He'll go beyond Chavez. His CV is fantastic as it is if he were to stop right now. Don't know what's the plan though if he cleans out 168lbs and he will. Dipped his toe in at light heavyweight to beat kovalev but some big boys up at that weight.

Let's call it what it was, cheating. And in the sport of boxing it should mean a ban for life, but it is what it is. I don't see him as you do, but that's opinions. He ducked triple G for near on three years and then got a dodgy decision in the first fight. As for being the greatest Mexican boxer ever, don't forget the asterix. 

And don't forget the majestic, Salvador Sanchez, who, for me, is not just the greatest, Mexican boxer, but arguably in the top twenty of the greatest boxers ever.

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

Let's call it what it was, cheating. And in the sport of boxing it should mean a ban for life, but it is what it is. I don't see him as you do, but that's opinions. He ducked triple G for near on three years and then got a dodgy decision in the first fight. As for being the greatest Mexican boxer ever, don't forget the asterix. 

And don't forget the majestic, Salvador Sanchez, who, for me, is not just the greatest, Mexican boxer, but arguably in the top twenty of the greatest boxers ever.

I never accepted the notion that Canelo tried to catch Golovkin on the slide. Cotto, Khan and Chavez Jr made him a tonne of money. Golovkin was 3 years in the states before he had a fight on PPV, Lemieux. Canelo made him earn it and prove that he could could draw numbers. This is prize fighting. Aren't fighting for peanuts. The minute Golovkin let Abel Sanchez train him was the ruination of his boxing skills. Golovkin was a fantastic technical boxer most of his career. Sanchez just wanted him to walk forward and break everyone up. Said it before, it'll be a boxer that beats Canelo, not someone trying to take him out. Mayweather beat him. Lara almost did.  Fighters that talk about fighting anyone are just doing so to appease the public to a degree. For as great as Mayweather was, he made moves on his terms. Could say he never fought  tszyu. Prime. Cotto at 140. Cotto moved to middleweight when he seen something in Martinez and knew he could beat him. And similar when Canelo made a move to middleweight, Cotto was the right fight. Canelo sees something in Kovalev. He ain't name dropping beterbiev though. Fights happen when they make sense. Risk v reward.

Edited by Johnnyp

1 hour ago, Johnnyp said:

I never accepted the notion that Canelo tried to catch Golovkin on the slide. Cotto, Khan and Chavez Jr made him a tonne of money. Golovkin was 3 years in the states before he had a fight on PPV, Lemieux. Canelo made him earn it and prove that he could could draw numbers. This is prize fighting. Aren't fighting for peanuts. The minute Golovkin let Abel Sanchez train him was the ruination of his boxing skills. Golovkin was a fantastic technical boxer most of his career. Sanchez just wanted him to walk forward and break everyone up. Said it before, it'll be a boxer that beats Canelo, not someone trying to take him out. Mayweather beat him. Lara almost did.  Fighters that talk about fighting anyone are just doing so to appease the public to a degree. For as great as Mayweather was, he made moves on his terms. Could say he never fought  tszyu. Prime. Cotto at 140. Cotto moved to middleweight when he seen something in Martinez and knew he could beat him. And similar when Canelo made a move to middleweight, Cotto was the right fight. Canelo sees something in Kovalev. He ain't name dropping beterbiev though. Fights happen when they make sense. Risk v reward.

Will you accept that triple G beat him the first time ? You can also put as much spin on it as you wish but he definitely waited until the point he believed GGG was on the decline. Then after the first fight and Ms  Bird was paid off he then got juiced up because he didn’t like the way the first flight went even though he’d waited three years for triple G stock to allegedly decline.Paint whatever picture you want those are the facts. I tell you something else as well looking at the pictures last week It would not surprise me if he is on something else nondetectable 

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Will you accept that triple G beat him the first time ? You can also put as much spin on it as you wish but he definitely waited until the point he believed GGG was on the decline. Then after the first fight and Ms  Bird was paid off he then got juiced up because he didn’t like the way the first flight went even though he’d waited three years for triple G stock to allegedly decline.Paint whatever picture you want those are the facts. I tell you something else as well looking at the pictures last week It would not surprise me if he is on something else nondetectable 

That has to be one of the worst scoring cards in history of boxing.What a stain that Golden boy, cross - dressing piece of shit is on the sport of boxing. 

4 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

It isn't spin. He fought Cotto, made millions . Similarly with Chavez Jr. Golovkin lost nothing by the time he fought Canelo. He barely got by Jacobs in the fight before. I thought Golovkin won the 1st fight.  Had Canelo winning the 2nd. I know it wouldn't surprise you because it's the most brain dead thing to say without zero fact. If you make a slanderous comment the onus is on you to prove it, so... I can see why he would need to juice up to beat a guy Eubank jr knocked out. Of course.

2 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

It isn't spin. He fought Cotto, made millions . Similarly with Chavez Jr. Golovkin lost nothing by the time he fought Canelo. He barely got by Jacobs in the fight before. I thought Golovkin won the 1st fight.  Had Canelo winning the 2nd. I know it wouldn't surprise you because it's the most brain dead thing to say without zero fact. If you make a slanderous comment the onus is on you to prove it, so... I can see why he would need to juice up to beat a guy Eubank jr knocked out. Of course.

All I’m doing is quoting the time line of what happened. Draw your own opinion on why he felt the need to juice up, But he did and got caught, twice and banned whilst training for the second fight with Golovkin. Ergo, once a cheat you can not rule out cheats cheating again. That’s the problem you see regardless of who he fights.

Yes he did make millions  fighting Cotto  but he was already at the stage where a few million made little or no difference at that stage regardless, more to do with golden boy protecting their little nest egg Remember the comments by Golden Boy “but he’s not really a middleweight yet” whilst he had been fighting at Golovkins fight night weight for ages.

Also very Interesting that Canelo called out GGG two months after the Jacobs fight which further supports the argument of him wasting his and Father Time for signs of a Golovkin decline, (For you record I think triple G was exceptionally lucky to get the decision against Jacobs) However what he did not do was go on a course of Clen to rectify a poor performance 

As outstanding a boxer and Champion he is (He would of no doubt ended up in my top 10 ppp boxers of all time when done)The bloke is a cheat and should have been banned for life

Edited by Follyfoot

24 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Which makes them both cheats.

It’s no wonder that boxing has become less and less popular over the last few years when you have the poster boy of boxing given a slap on the wrist with a pre-agreed/negotiated six month ban that conveniently also suited his agenda. The messages sends out is if he can do it I will do it which gives a completely unfair advantage to the ones who do not get caught

14 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Beat out Pat 

7 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

All I’m doing is quoting the time line of what happened. Draw your own opinion on why he felt the need to juice up, But he did and got caught, twice and banned whilst training for the second fight with Golovkin. Ergo, once a cheat you can not rule out cheats cheating again. That’s the problem you see regardless of who he fights.

Yes he did make millions  fighting Cotto  but he was already at the stage where a few million made little or no difference at that stage regardless, more to do with golden boy protecting their little nest egg Remember the comments by Golden Boy “but he’s not really a middleweight yet” whilst he had been fighting at Golovkins fight night weight for ages.

Also very Interesting that Canelo called out GGG two months after the Jacobs fight which further supports the argument of him wasting his and Father Time for signs of a Golovkin decline, (For you record I think triple G was exceptionally lucky to get the decision against Jacobs) However what he did not do was go on a course of Clen to rectify a poor performance 

As outstanding a boxer and Champion he is (He would of no doubt ended up in my top 10 ppp boxers of all time when done)The bloke is a cheat and should have been banned for life

I'll just have to disagree. You can't point to me a single attribute that Golovkin lost by the time he came to the Canelo fight. He was always fleet of foot, still displayed that, power was still there, hurt Canelo probably once badly over the two fights. Technically very sound against Canelo. Golovkin was getting touched up the odd time in fights because like i alluded to earlier, Sanchez ruined him as a fighter, he had no head movement. Golovkin's physical attributes had not gone anywhere by the time he fought Canelo. His boxing had regressed and stagnated under an awful trainer who loves power punchers. On the other side Reynoso moulded Canelo into an all rounded fighter fight on fight. Offensive, great defense, counter puncher. Had it all. Zero interest in seeing a 3rd fight now. Golovkin is 38. A small middleweight. Canelo is never going back to middleweight.

3 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

It’s no wonder that boxing has become less and less popular over the last few years when you have the poster boy of boxing given a slap on the wrist with a pre-agreed/negotiated six month ban that conveniently also suited his agenda. The messages sends out is if he can do it I will do it which gives a completely unfair advantage to the ones who do not get caught

Am I correct in thinking BJS was never actually banned ?

3 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Beat out Pat 

Dead at 24yrs of age.  Amazing to think he hadn't even reached his prime, and never ducked anyone. His two fights with Danny Lopez were classics, but the bout against a young, up and coming Azumah Nelson is one of the all time greats. 

38 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Am I correct in thinking BJS was never actually banned ?

Sadly he wasn't banned for the vile video he made in which he took the piss out of a drug addict, or the one where he called a female pedestrian a prostitute, or the vile video in which he showed us the best way to smack your wife around if she gives you a bit of lip, or the hoax call he made to an airline claiming three boxers on a flight had covid, or his social media posts mocking the dead daughter of Barry McGuigan.

He was briefly suspended on the failed drug test but it was later lifted for money. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

Could you please elaborate. 

A lot of people stood to profit from an early return, including the WBO and Andrade, the promoters and the TV companies that had set up the original fight between them. It was a six month ban but they lifted it after four so that they could get the fight on, insisting that Suanders and Andrade agreed a fight within thirty days.

He was also banned indefinitely for the video in which he demonstrated how to shut up a moaning woman with a right hook to the jaw, but that one was also lifted and changed to a fine.

He's a horrible human being.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

A lot of people stood to profit from an early return, including the WBO and Andrade, the promoters and the TV companies that had set up the original fight between them. It was a six month ban but they lifted it after four so that they could get the fight on, insisting that Suanders and Andrade agreed a fight within thirty days.

He was also banned indefinitely for the video in which he demonstrated how to shut up a moaning woman with a right hook to the jaw, but that one was also lifted and changed to a fine.

He sure is. Canelo could beat him up. Take great pleasure in seeing a gypo take a flogging. They boast about been the toughest men alive etc. Canelo not gonna let BJ upstage him on cinco de mayo weekend.

5 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I agree. He certainly has a penchant for distasteful behaviour. I remember wanting Eubank Jr to knock him spark out. I think the telling is in the number of trainers he's had throughout his professional career. He seems to be a law unto himself, which is a shame really, when you consider the talent he possesses, if he had a punch, he would take some beating, let's be honest. 

Â