The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

Spence was very good. Still dont think he walks Crawford down like that. I'm not discrediting Spence, nobody has come close to beating him but i don't see this absolute elite level ability in his boxing. I think the reason he is so good is he does everything very good. No obvious holes in his game. When he has to defend, he's not winging it, he knows what to do and quickly turns offensive again. It's the only thing that makes me lean toward Crawford. He is so sneaky at letting you close distance, get comfortable, shift his feet back out of the other guys punching range and land with a punch. Seen him hurt and wobble fighters with a single shot on the back foot. Spence doesn't give you angles. He's straight lines. Brings his hands back up though very quick and great punch output. It's a great fight. Hope we see it instead of talk about it.

• Like 1

Apparently Mayweather is fighting some youtuber in an exhibition "fight" next year. PPV will cost up to $70 and anyone who pays that much to watch that crap should have their head checked.

6 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

Spence was very good. Still dont think he walks Crawford down like that. I'm not discrediting Spence, nobody has come close to beating him but i don't see this absolute elite level ability in his boxing. I think the reason he is so good is he does everything very good. No obvious holes in his game. When he has to defend, he's not winging it, he knows what to do and quickly turns offensive again. It's the only thing that makes me lean toward Crawford. He is so sneaky at letting you close distance, get comfortable, shift his feet back out of the other guys punching range and land with a punch. Seen him hurt and wobble fighters with a single shot on the back foot. Spence doesn't give you angles. He's straight lines. Brings his hands back up though very quick and great punch output. It's a great fight. Hope we see it instead of talk about it.

I agree to an extent. Spence is not a spectacular boxer in the things he does, but he his relentless in his offence and very, very effective . Him and Crawford has to happen and I really can't wait for that one. If my life depended on the outcome I would just edge it to Spence. I don't think he would give Crawford a seconds rest.

27 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I agree to an extent. Spence is not a spectacular boxer in the things he does, but he his relentless in his offence and very, very effective . Him and Crawford has to happen and I really can't wait for that one. If my life depended on the outcome I would just edge it to Spence. I don't think he would give Crawford a seconds rest.

Spence's CV and list of big wins is way better than Crawford's. I don't think we'll see it next. Spence said he wants a break and to spend time with his family and doesn't see him out again until summer. Crawford will surely want to get out before then. I think Spence fights Thurman next , another excellent fight and Crawford fights Pacquiao. We could see it back end of 2021.

4 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

Spence's CV and list of big wins is way better than Crawford's. I don't think we'll see it next. Spence said he wants a break and to spend time with his family and doesn't see him out again until summer. Crawford will surely want to get out before then. I think Spence fights Thurman next , another excellent fight and Crawford fights Pacquiao. We could see it back end of 2021.

I don't get the break thing. He hadn't fought for a year prior to the Garcia fight.

On 07/12/2020 at 10:26, sheepyvillian said:

I don't get the break thing. He hadn't fought for a year prior to the Garcia fight.

Think he was in training basically the whole year though. Elite fighters, in big fights, tend to only fight twice a year anyway. So May / December probably what he'll look at.

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

Yes. And the only one really laughing is Floyd. If the public are going to be fooled, that's on them. 

Laughing all the way to a billion dollars plus of earnings. 

5 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

I honestly think the Mayweather and McGregor fight was dodgy. The build up was like a gimmick, so cringeworthy. And they'd probably get away with it again. 

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

You not remember the mcgregor nose tickler? 

They were pulling punches in that fight 

Yep exactly, I think people underestimate how hard real boxers are. 
Jamie George, England rugby hooker so a big bloke, went into the ring with Billy Joe Saunders (someone probably close to half his weight) to try and toughen up for rugby. Billy Joe sparked him out in seconds. 
If Floyd was genuinely to fight this guy, he could kill him. 

Â