The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

11 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

Canelo and Callum Smith official. If you going life and death with John Ryder it don't bode well. Canelo will get rid of him when he feels like it i think.

You think? Smith looks massive in comparison to canelo. I think this might be a challenge too far for canelo.

Spence vs garcia very soon. Looking forward to that one. You would expect spence to win this one. But who knows what that car accident did to spence in terms of injury?

7 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

You think? Smith looks massive in comparison to canelo. I think this might be a challenge too far for canelo.

Spence vs garcia very soon. Looking forward to that one. You would expect spence to win this one. But who knows what that car accident did to spence in terms of injury?

Indeed it won't. Like i said, he was in deep waters against John Ryder - some felt he lost that fight. His resume is pretty thin for how long he's been in the pro game. Groves his best win ? Kovalev was much bigger than Canelo. He still knocked him out. Spence - Garcia could be really good. Garcia only lost 2 fights, bought split decisions against Thurman and Porter.

14 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Indeed it won't. Like i said, he was in deep waters against John Ryder - some felt he lost that fight. His resume is pretty thin for how long he's been in the pro game. Groves his best win ? Kovalev was much bigger than Canelo. He still knocked him out. Spence - Garcia could be really good. Garcia only lost 2 fights, bought split decisions against Thurman and Porter.

Hope he’s not snacking on that tainted El Paso beef again or does he only do that for the ‘bigger’ fights 

• Haha 1

On 19/11/2020 at 19:39, Follyfoot said:

Hope he’s not snacking on that tainted El Paso beef again or does he only do that for the ‘bigger’ fights 

I can't stand Canelo, juiced up clearing in the woods. I hope Smith does him, but I'm doubtful that will happen. 

As for Spence and Garcia, I think Garcia is tailor-made for Spence. All Garcia has is a left - hook, a good one, mind.

On 24/11/2020 at 18:48, sheepyvillian said:

I can't stand Canelo, juiced up clearing in the woods. I hope Smith does him, but I'm doubtful that will happen. 

As for Spence and Garcia, I think Garcia is tailor-made for Spence. All Garcia has is a left - hook, a good one, mind.

I think Spence will work him over, but this is a legit fight. Don't be fooled by the two L's on Garcia's record. Could so easily of got both of those. Good left hook but he has more than that. You don't become a 2 weight world champion if that's all you have in your locker.

52 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

I think Spence will work him over, but this is a legit fight. Don't be fooled by the two L's on Garcia's record. Could so easily of got both of those. Good left hook but he has more than that. You don't become a 2 weight world champion if that's all you have in your locker.

Whose Garcia beat of any note ? He was getting bashed up by Khan until the left - hook saved him. Thurman beat him, so did Porter. He beat Peterson,  who wasn't all that, lbh. I've never rated him. Over - hyped by his loud - mouth, old man.

The only way he wins is if Spence has lost something due to the car crash. 

Edited by sheepyvillian

29 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Whose Garcia beat of any note ? He was getting bashed up by Khan until the left - hook saved him. Thurman beat him, so did Porter. He beat Peterson,  who wasn't all that, lbh. I've never rated him. Over - hyped by his loud - mouth, old man.

The only way he wins is if Spence has lost something due to the car crash. 

Bashed up ? Hook saved him ? It was 4 rounds in and when Bayliss stopped it the fight was level on all 3 cards. Khan was touching him, sure. But bashed up ? Has he bashed anyone up, really ? When Khan starts circling around the ring and rattles off a 6 or 7 punch combo where he's so far out of range, you know he's in trouble. Garcia wasn't even warmed up. He was having a look. Wait for Khan to leave his chin out over his lead foot like he always does because, he's technically so poor ,then fight over. Thurman and Porter did beat him like i acknowledged. Close decisions. Could of gone either way. My point was it's a legit fight. It absolutely is. So is it if Spence wins he's top welter , talk of Crawford etc and if Garcia wins, Spence is shot. ? If Garcia wins, give him his props. Nobody putting a gun to Spence's head to take this fight. He looks in tremendous shape. All im saying is - if you are going into a fight telling the whole world it's been a fantastic camp, which he has done, and that he's still the best welterweight in the world, which he has been doing still, you don't bring up the crash if he loses. If you were ready to fight and you told the whole world you were ready, you stand by that. Win or lose.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Shomin Geki said:

Absolutely.  I have to say I have seen a lot less of Joyce than Dubois.  What trouble does Joyce present?

Joyce was an elite amateur. Fought Usyk in the world series of boxing. Probably has made a run at the pro's a bit too late. The general consensus is Dubois early or Joyce late. Dubois has looked explosive but fought nobody really so it's hard to know.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

Joyce was an elite amateur. Fought Usyk in the world series of boxing. Probably has made a run at the pro's a bit too late. The general consensus is Dubois early or Joyce late. Dubois has looked explosive but fought nobody really so it's hard to know.

The one thing that worries me about Joyce is that he does come forward in fairly straight lines and does not have the best head movement and he is fairly easy to tag. However I think the longer it goes on the more Joyce comes into the fight if Dubois power is not the deciding factor 

12 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

Bashed up ? Hook saved him ? It was 4 rounds in and when Bayliss stopped it the fight was level on all 3 cards. Khan was touching him, sure. But bashed up ? Has he bashed anyone up, really ? When Khan starts circling around the ring and rattles off a 6 or 7 punch combo where he's so far out of range, you know he's in trouble. Garcia wasn't even warmed up. He was having a look. Wait for Khan to leave his chin out over his lead foot like he always does because, he's technically so poor ,then fight over. Thurman and Porter did beat him like i acknowledged. Close decisions. Could of gone either way. My point was it's a legit fight. It absolutely is. So is it if Spence wins he's top welter , talk of Crawford etc and if Garcia wins, Spence is shot. ? If Garcia wins, give him his props. Nobody putting a gun to Spence's head to take this fight. He looks in tremendous shape. All im saying is - if you are going into a fight telling the whole world it's been a fantastic camp, which he has done, and that he's still the best welterweight in the world, which he has been doing still, you don't bring up the crash if he loses. If you were ready to fight and you told the whole world you were ready, you stand by that. Win or lose.

When Garcia gets a taste of them body - shots, he's going to start whishing he was somewhere else. If the crash has done anything to Spence, it's given him a wakeup call. Elite fighters don't cut corners, and imo, he's capable of being up there with the best of them. The proof will be in the eating, I've been wrong many a time in predicting the outcome of a boxing match, but I don't see how Garcia can beat Spence and I expect a stoppage by about the 8th rnd. 

32 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

The one thing that worries me about Joyce is that he does come forward in fairly straight lines and does not have the best head movement and he is fairly easy to tag. However I think the longer it goes on the more Joyce comes into the fight if Dubois power is not the deciding factor 

If it goes past the 5th rnd, my money is on Joyce.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

When Garcia gets a taste of them body - shots, he's going to start whishing he was somewhere else. If the crash has done anything to Spence, it's given him a wakeup call. Elite fighters don't cut corners, and imo, he's capable of being up there with the best of them. The proof will be in the eating, I've been wrong many a time in predicting the outcome of a boxing match, but I don't see how Garcia can beat Spence and I expect a stoppage by about the 8th rnd. 

I agree that Spence will win. But if he doesn't, please don't let the narrative be " ah it was the car accident " Been medically qualified cleared to fight. He's had a great camp. He's ready. If, and if i don't think he will, but if Garcia wins, give him his props.

4 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

I agree that Spence will win. But if he doesn't, please don't let the narrative be " ah it was the car accident " Been medically qualified cleared to fight. He's had a great camp. He's ready. If, and if i don't think he will, but if Garcia wins, give him his props.

Whatever, but the car accident isn't no excuse, it's a fact. How he came out of that alive, I do not know. Hopefully he's still the Spence that beat Garcia, Peterson and Brook. We will find out soon, but should Garcia win, then of course people are going to say the crash was a factor. Even if Spence says he lost to the better man, it's still going to be a talking - point. 

When Honeyghan beat up Curry it was because the Cobra was struggling with the weight, supposedly. Is that why he lost ? Maybe, and also a lack of focus, but it was still one of the greatest achievements by a British boxer abroad, that's all people remember, who won the fight.

Edited by sheepyvillian

2 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Whatever, but the car accident isn't no excuse, it's a fact. How he came out of that alive, I do not know. Hopefully he's still the Spence that beat Garcia, Peterson and Brook. We will find out soon, but should Garcia win, then of course people are going to say the crash was a factor. Even if Spence says he lost to the better man, it's still going to be a talking - point. 

When Honeyghan beat up Curry it was because the Cobra was struggling with the weight, supposedly. Is that why he lost ? Maybe, and also a lack of focus, but it was still one of the greatest achievements by a British boxer abroad, that's all people remember, who won the fight.

If he's medically cleared to fight, if he's gone through training camp with hard sparring and lastly if he choose to fight a fighter like Danny Garcia on his comeback, suggests to me he is ready. Just think it's a huge disservice to Garcia to say if he beats Spence it's because Spence wasn't right. We live in a digital age. Sparring and camp stories come out every day. If Spence wasn't right, we'd know it. Also, Spence barely beat Porter. Porter barely beat Garcia. I think Spence wins this but i think a Spence pre car crash would have a tough night with Garcia too.

Â