The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

Fury with the new coach could be interesting as he’s gone with them to perfect knock outs. Personally I still don’t think he’ll have the power, but may go for some bigger shots leaving himself exposed a bit. Wilder knows he can hurt Fury and will definitely go after the eye that got cut. I think wilder wins by KO from 8th onwards 

Tyson for me as long as a cut doesn't mean a tko . Be interesting to see how lean he is at the extra weight , if he is lean then it means hes conditioning has gone well. His dad reckons he fights best at 17st 10/11 ........

He's one hell of a man , great attitude towards life and fame and hes openness on his mental health issues are pushing back boundaries. Just hope he can push back his demons come what may with this fight and all the other fights he has in his life 

• Like 1

On 19/02/2020 at 20:29, Genie said:

I’m hoping to watch this, I’m assume something like 2am start?

Ring walk at about 4am

Probably looking at about 4:40am by the time they have pissed about getting in the ring

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Genie said:

Might set an alarm, and then decide if I want to get up

I’m always sceptical about doing that

I watch the reruns at 9am

Last time I got up was Hatton vs Pacquio which lasted all of 4 mins!!

4 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

I think Wilder will knock him out. I don't think Fury is bluffing when he says he's looking to land more power punches this time but his career shows us he isn't a power puncher. 

Fury is also very heavy, apparently the excess weight is due to an ankle injury in training so he hasn’t been able to run which is why he is going for a k.o

11 minutes ago, KHV said:

Fury is also very heavy, apparently the excess weight is due to an ankle injury in training so he hasn’t been able to run which is why he is going for a k.o

Just going by his biggest wins. Chisora x2 and Klitscko, he never hurt them. I know he stopped chisora the 2nd time around but that was just he gave a limited and smaller man a beating. He doesn't really buzz a fighter with a shot.

5 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I'm off for a beer so don't stand a chance

Would like to search for a highlights platform that doesn't tell you the result before you get there, same as superbowl it's near impossible to do

I don’t think all the best fights .com gives the result unless you read the review, and there should be an embedded video link.

sports cult .org for torrents will definitely have it without spoilers but it’s a private tracker 

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Just going by his biggest wins. Chisora x2 and Klitscko, he never hurt them. I know he stopped chisora the 2nd time around but that was just he gave a limited and smaller man a beating. He doesn't really buzz a fighter with a shot.

If he is injured this may be another Bellew vs Haye debacle

Fury is about half a stone too heavy

Fury can only win on points. He's the better boxer technically but Wilder has that freak power and doesn't need to worry as much about what Fury throws back. He will hit Fury and when it does, it'll hurt. Eventually he's going to get the power one landed.

Wilder by KO.

3 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

I don’t think all the best fights .com gives the result unless you read the review, and there should be an embedded video link.

sports cult .org for torrents will definitely have it without spoilers but it’s a private tracker 

only problem with all the best fights .com is that the length of the video's give away the duration of a fight, if it is only 10 minutes long tomorrow then you know that Wilder won via KO

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Not an MMA fan, so not massively clued up on him, but I'm struggling to understand some of the things I've heard from Fury's nutritionist George Lockhart.

In my (completely uninformed, amateur) opinion, it makes no sense to be bulking Fury up, when his best chance is surely to win on points over 12 rounds or with a late KO as Wilder punches himself out. The extra weight, regardless of whether it is "lean muscle" or fat, will affect his speed and stamina. It's unavoidable.

With Wilder carrying more weight as well, this fight could get very sluggish late on if there's no early KO.

As AJ showed, it's not how you look that matters. Dropping a bit of muscle and looking less "ripped" can be an advantage. It's boxing, not bodybuilding.

Â