The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

1 hour ago, KentVillan said:

Not an MMA fan, so not massively clued up on him, but I'm struggling to understand some of the things I've heard from Fury's nutritionist George Lockhart.

In my (completely uninformed, amateur) opinion, it makes no sense to be bulking Fury up, when his best chance is surely to win on points over 12 rounds or with a late KO as Wilder punches himself out. The extra weight, regardless of whether it is "lean muscle" or fat, will affect his speed and stamina. It's unavoidable.

With Wilder carrying more weight as well, this fight could get very sluggish late on if there's no early KO.

As AJ showed, it's not how you look that matters. Dropping a bit of muscle and looking less "ripped" can be an advantage. It's boxing, not bodybuilding.

Clueless from myself here.

2 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I am glad I didn't place bets based on VT. 

Just read back and I'm amazed how many people rated Wilder's chances so highly.

Of course he could always land one and put him down, but people seem to forget when Fury beat him on points (notwithstanding broken calculators) his preparation from his last big fight was falling to addiction, getting banned from fighting and eventually on his way back having to lose 10 stone and fighting a few binmen for fitness.

• Like 1

Fury just came forward constantly and emphatically laid out the message to Wilder, " you aren't tough enough to rough it out with me " It was a great performance. Very serious, no messing or gimmicky stuff. Wilder might exercise a 3rd fight but not anytime soon. No barriers to fury - joshua now.

7 minutes ago, av1 said:

spacer.png

I think he wants to do it but he needs to stop we this " we " are making you an offer bollocks. Fury is the elite HW . All those belts Joshua has now, fury had them at one stage or another . So eddie needs to stop the stuff and understand they are challenging the number one man now 

Â