The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Hearn is a bell end

Always blamed Wilders team for not getting a fight with AJ yet Warren and Fury seemed to be able to arrange 2 maybe 3 fights with Wilder fairly easily

Hearn is just clamouring for the match up Joshua is no longer the number one heavyweight

Fury has conquered America after Joshua fell fat on his arse

FWIW I think Fury would take AJ to the cleaners

• Like 1

4 hours ago, av1 said:

I'm guessing AJ will offer a 60/40 split and then claim Fury "doesn't want to fight him"

Your joking aren’t you, it’s Eddie Hearn, will probably go in with 80/20 and then say it was a great offer 🤣

Unreal result, wish I’d watched it but 5am was too much of a stretch! 

Say what you will about Fury, and there’s a lot to be said but that’s one of boxings all time greatest comebacks.

Hope we get the Fury / Joshua fight now to settle the undisputed tag for good, and before they both get too old! 

Edited by bannedfromHandV

Well that was painfully one sided.

Guess who gotta hand it to Wilder for staying on his feet (most of the time) if his ear drum was ruptured. Must have been disorienting all heck. Right call to stop it.

Don't really watch boxing much and too many heavyweight fights has been 2 big guy hugging and breathing heavy on each other most of the time but this was impressive from Fury. Especially compared to the figure he made against Otto Wallin.

On a side note, do the always play We will rock you by Queen between the rounds? Felt a bit mean against Wilder when they played it between round 6-7 with the lyrics being "...you got blood on your face, you big disgrace...)

Edited by sne

42 minutes ago, sne said:

Well that was painfully one sided.

Guess who gotta hand it to Wilder for staying on his feet (most of the time) if his ear drum was ruptured. Must have been disorienting all heck. Right call to stop it.

Don't really watch boxing much and too many heavyweight fights has been 2 big guy hugging and breathing heavy on each other most of the time but this was impressive from Fury. Especially compared to the figure he made against Otto Wallin.

On a side note, do the always play We will rock you by Queen between the rounds? Felt a bit mean against Wilder when they played it between round 6-7 with the lyrics being "...you got blood on your face, you big disgrace...)

Yep wilder was tough for staying in so long but fury absolutely humiliated him a second time.

A complete and utter master class. He beat him up real bad. If i was wilder id be chasing aj now as he has more chance against him than fury.

Aj will avoid fury for now. He will have  a nice easy one against pulev than usyk.

Wilder will porbably get a rematch next then i suspect fight whyte if he beats wilder again. Just goes to show wilder has nothing but that right hand. He was useless 

2 hours ago, KHV said:

Hearn is a bell end

Always blamed Wilders team for not getting a fight with AJ yet Warren and Fury seemed to be able to arrange 2 maybe 3 fights with Wilder fairly easily

Hearn is just clamouring for the match up Joshua is no longer the number one heavyweight

Fury has conquered America after Joshua fell fat on his arse

FWIW I think Fury would take AJ to the cleaners

Agree with most of this although I only think Wilder agreed to a fight with Fury because he thought he'd batter him in his comeback and still be on to a really good earner. It's not like he has a record of agreeing to challenging fights.

I do think Hearn has made AJ a bit cautious but he's fought every half decent heavyweight in the division* without ducking barring Wilder and Fury.

*awaiting correction.

2 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Hope we get the Fury / Joshua fight now to settle the undisputed tag for good, and before they both get too old! 

I think there is little chance of that happening, I believe Fury will be good to his word and retire after 2 more fights. 

It's going to happen in the next 12/18 months or not at all, and AJ knows that his legacy (that he always talks about) will be shattered if he avoids Fury. 

Also, it would be a fair argument to say that Fury's profile is now much greater than AJ's (certainly in the US) so this nonsense about AJ bringing in all money will have to stop. He can no longer argue for anything other than 50/50. 

Edited by av1

46 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Joshua never beats Fury. Hasn't the size, ring smarts or boxing ability to do it.

The only person who can beat Fury in that division now is Fury himself. 

If he stays on track physically and mentally, he’ll wipe the floor with AJ. 

Hearn making noise about getting the fight on in the summer. I’m not convinced and still think a delay will be manufactured from somewhere. 

19 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

The only person who can beat Fury in that division now is Fury himself. 

If he stays on track physically and mentally, he’ll wipe the floor with AJ. 

Hearn making noise about getting the fight on in the summer. I’m not convinced and still think a delay will be manufactured from somewhere. 

Of course he will say usyk is next as have to furfill his commitment . If i was aj if he really wanted the fight vacate that belt then get it off usyk later.

They will long this out ajs camp

• Like 1

That was so enjoyable. Wilder getting away with it for so long. Two possibilities (i) Wilder thinks he has a shot, then he lets Fury go take out AJ and takes a couple of fights to get his confidence back and improve, (ii) he knows he's done, and hence will go for the immediate re-match for the money. 

If I was AJ and his team, I'd be clamoring for a shot at Wilder now while he is at his most vulnerable.

Edited by villakram

Wilder or AJ will never beat a fit Fury , they have the long shot at a knock down.

Fury when hes as fit as he was this morning is one of the best heavy weight fighters ever. He changed his technique in that fight and Wilder looked like a novice and hes a great fighter , where does that put Fury? 

I’m not sure Wilder will want the rematch, he’s been totally beat up by Fury there. Yes the knock to the ear has affected his equilibrium but Fury looked so hungry. 

I’d love in an ideal world, Fury vs AJ and on the undercard, the 2 mandatory fighting each other Pulev vs Whyte. Throw in an Usyk fight as well. Tyson has said he wants to in America for the rest of his career, but could you imagine the crowd if it happened in England, Wembley or even Old Trafford.

1 hour ago, villakram said:

That was so enjoyable. Wilder getting away with it for so long. Two possibilities (i) Wilder thinks he has a shot, then he lets Fury go take out AJ and takes a couple of fights to get his confidence back and improve, (ii) he knows he's done, and hence will go for the immediate re-match for the money. 

If I was AJ and his team, I'd be clamoring for a shot at Wilder now while he is at his most vulnerable.

Shot at what though ? I mean Fury just annihilated him. Beating Wilder now gets Joshua no credit yet last summer has shown us that Joshua is vulnerable on any given night. All the risk would fall on his side now and little reward for a beating a guy who fury wiped out. If im Joshua, i go for Fury right now. Summer fight. Pay Pulev step aside money. If hearn has learned anything its that Joshua cannot be navigated into a Fury fight a year or 15 month's from now. You couldn't say with a great degree of certainty he would beat Pulev or Usyk before he fought fury. Think Hearn needs to cash out on AJ, now.

Â