The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

It's shit like this that discredits boxing tbh. The building this up as some miny world title by the WBC, the nonsense interviews mid fight from radio raheem or whatever the shit he calls himself is embarrassing. Especially when you've got wank commentators going on like it's some high level action, when in reality both would get schooled in the amateur ranks. 

And the who emotional cry baby rocky shit at the end........ f*** me Rocky Fury, it's only a youtuber.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Xela said:

A YouTuber fighting a reality TV 'star'

What a load of nob juice.

A boxer, who has been in his brother's considerable shadow his whole life, goes on a reality tv show for exposure, which gets him more opportunity in the ring. Perfect marketing strategy.

If he wasn't serious about boxing, he'd be on all sorts of shows all the time.

2 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Is this correct that the winner is now getting an official world ranking? Jesus wept how degrading for real boxers.

Yep, although Froch and crew saying he may aswell stay with boxing no mark YouTubes for more money than pro boxing.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Is this correct that the winner is now getting an official world ranking? Jesus wept how degrading for real boxers.

Hence why it discredits the sport. And people in the game are encouraging it. Clowns

• Like 1

Fury in a tricky place now if anything. Paul can go back to “ his world “ and even match MMA fighters again and make his money off what brought him into the public eye in the first place. Tommy has said he’ll be kicking on with his boxing career. Looking at him, id say he’s not ready to fight even for an English title. He’s probably Northern area title level. Get a few grand fighting at that level.

1 minute ago, Johnnyp said:

Fury in a tricky place now if anything. Paul can go back to “ his world “ and even match MMA fighters again and make his money off what brought him into the public eye in the first place. Tommy has said he’ll be kicking on with his boxing career. Looking at him, id say he’s not ready to fight even for an English title. He’s probably Northern area title level. Get a few grand fighting at that level.

Makes sense for him to make a few more mil taking the rematch then jacking it in.

If Tommy Fury has any sense he'll take the rematch if possible, earn a few quid and retire before he gets annihilated for a couple of grand taking the sport seriously. He's not talented to make serious level changes so there really isn't a point if you're already minted.    

• Like 2

Fury should stay at this level and take on any youtuber that wants to try and make a name for themselves. He will make a lot more money going down this route than he would professional boxing.

Throw in a few appearances on I'm a Celeb, Strictly etc. Easy money.

Edited by AndyM3000
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

If Tommy Fury has any sense he'll take the rematch if possible, earn a few quid and retire before he gets annihilated for a couple of grand taking the sport seriously. He's not talented to make serious level changes so there really isn't a point if you're already minted.    

He looks to me like a lad whose heart isn't really in boxing, but is trying to prove a point because it's in his blood. It's very Romeo Beckham. He's more clued up than Jake Paul because he's grown up around it, but he still doesn't look a natural at all. Better off being a professional influencer husband.

• Like 1

Jake Paul comes out of this with more credit than Fury in my eyes. He wasn’t exactly troubled at any point and he’s not even a proper boxer.

Fury won’t be winning anything in boxing, take the rematch and call it a day for me.

12 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

Jake Paul comes out of this with more credit than Fury in my eyes. He wasn’t exactly troubled at any point and he’s not even a proper boxer.

Fury won’t be winning anything in boxing, take the rematch and call it a day for me.

Does he really ? He’s gonna get the “ the first time you fought an actual boxer you lost “ jibe now from many people. And fighting the KSI’S and Nate Diaz’s of this world is gonna be hard to go back to now because people will think he isn’t taking it serious when he says he is. 

7 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

I'm curious, what makes somebody a real boxer apart from boxing someone in a boxing ring in an official boxing match? Does it only count if they're really good at it? 

I literally cannot believe anyone would pay money for that.

Im expecting paul will opt for diaz next someone that cant box at all to rebuold his career.

Im happy they didnt rig it. Stunned one judge gave it to paul who was shit most of the fight

6 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

Does he really ? He’s gonna get the “ the first time you fought an actual boxer you lost “ jibe now from many people. And fighting the KSI’S and Nate Diaz’s of this world is gonna be hard to go back to now because people will think he isn’t taking it serious when he says he is. 

Only in the sense that he had something left in tank at the end, was never visibly hurt at any point and he was the one who got the knock down. Not bad for someone who isn’t a real boxer.

Â