The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

11 hours ago, BOF said:

Dillian Whyte tests positive for banned substance. 

When you think a boxer died recently an you have cheats like whyte and Miller. They should be banned for life and given prison sentences.

That cretin Hearn is killing the sport

He's been banned before too so could get an 8 year ban. Daft thing about the first ban is that the tribunal even said they didn't belive he had knowingly taken anything but there was methylhexaneamine (MHA) in his system from taking a muscle supplement. Despite me actually thinking that bans should be much longer i'm Not really sure why he got 2 years the first time round as Enzo Mac only got 6 months for exactly the same thing.

• Like 1

Only a matter of time before sky cut promotional ties with this parasite. He knew Whyte failed the first test. Whether the board cleared him or not is neither here nor there. Hearn had knowledge that Whyte failed a UKAD test last week. End of. And he kept it to himself and proceeded with the card. Just. Wow. The radio silence from him also since this has broke. He went in both barrels on Miller.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Only a matter of time before sky cut promotional ties with this parasite. He knew Whyte failed the first test. Whether the board cleared him or not is neither here nor there. Hearn had knowledge that Whyte failed a UKAD test last week. End of. And he kept it to himself and proceeded with the card. Just. Wow. The radio silence from him also since this has broke. He went in both barrels on Miller.

Boxing promoters have always been hypocritical. They have always polluted the sport from day one. At least the cheats are being caught, but the punishment needs to be more severe, regardless of reputation.  Ban them for 3yrs minimum. After that, should they transgress again, life.

20 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

When you think a boxer died recently an you have cheats like whyte and Miller. They should be banned for life and given prison sentences.

That cretin Hearn is killing the sport

Let's not forget the biggest high profile cheat of all, Canelo. What a farce that turned out to be with the contaminated meat nonsense. 

1 minute ago, sheepyvillian said:

Let's not forget the biggest high profile cheat of all, Canelo. What a farce that turned out to be with the contaminated meat nonsense. 

Absolutely. The only high profile person who seems to be legit is wilder.

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 1

Its madness that the fight was allowed to go ahead even after a failed test. Although EH is a total prick, it should not be down to him or anyone else with a commercial interest to make the decision. The authorities should pull the plug if there's a hint of foul play. Literally lives at stake.

I'd be tempted to take legal action if I was Rivas. Was he aware of the failed test before the fight?

Edited by Genie

8 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Another one dies today as well 😥

That one could be messy. Santillan was not medically cleared to fight in Europe after a loss in June. That's major blood on someone's hands.

I don't really understand the outrage about Whyte to be honest. They are all at it. Klitchko's, Joshua, Paquiao, Canelo, Millar the list goes on. If you think these guys aren't juicing you need your head examined. You just need to make sure you have a rich promoter to cover things up for you if you do fail a test. 

2 hours ago, villa89 said:

I don't really understand the outrage about Whyte to be honest. They are all at it. Klitchko's, Joshua, Paquiao, Canelo, Millar the list goes on. If you think these guys aren't juicing you need your head examined. You just need to make sure you have a rich promoter to cover things up for you if you do fail a test. 

There is no evidence to suggest kitchko was? Not sure where you heard that one?

47 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

There is no evidence to suggest kitchko was? Not sure where you heard that one?

He was in his 40's fighting Joshua and had a body that looked like it was chiseled out of marble. I don't think he got that body by training hard and eating right. 

Â