General Chat

Stevo985

Only commoners and Northerners call dinner, tea!

Oi t'up North they call it Supper lad!

Supper is a small meal eaten later after dinner! :bang:

Anyway, let's stop arguing, it probably wasn't scrambled egg for dinner, Yillan is Irish so it must have been some kind of potato dish?

Mike Parry is a muuppet. He's making some defamatory comments on Twitter about Stan Collymore, most of which I think make Parry look silly. Plus the usual wife beating stuff.

Parry's mate John Gaunt also having a pop at Collymore.

To me, it just makes them look bitter that they were sacked from Talksport and jealous that Stan is successful and popular.

JoeyBarton:

@StanCollymore take no notice of that sad, bitter, twisted, little no mark. He tries to raise his profile by hating on others. MP = nugget

Retweeted by Stan Collymore

Barton must patrol Twitter constantly waiting for it kick off.

No problem.

You play guitar do you not?

They're handy for connecting acoustic guitars to electronic tuners.

I certainly do. Just had a go at it there and it works great. Unfortunately I'm not let near the guitars in the band. I'll be standing up front playing pocket billiards.

Anyway, let's stop arguing, it probably wasn't scrambled egg for dinner, Yillan is Irish so it must have been some kind of potato dish?

To end the confusion, it was the remnants of a sweet and sour prawn and chicken dish with fried rice and cashew nuts. It was my dinner for that particular evening, although previously in the day, a Canadian friend asked what I was doing for supper. I told him about the sweet and sour, so I don't know. Can't we all just get along?

I think that particulars of a meal denote its title. Potato salad and ham and bread etc constitutes 'tea', while anything with hot rice, potatoes or pasta served before 10pm constitutes 'dinner'. Any meal served after 10pm could be described as 'supper', but generally this term is reserved for a small snack usually containing biscuits or jam on something with a hot beverage, most likely hot chocolate.

I think that particulars of a meal denote its title. Potato salad and ham and bread etc constitutes 'tea', while anything with hot rice, potatoes or pasta served before 10pm constitutes 'dinner'. Any meal served after 10pm could be described as 'supper', but generally this term is reserved for a small snack usually containing biscuits or jam on something with a hot beverage, most likely hot chocolate.

Indeed. Supper for me is a bowl of cornflakes an hour before bed. For posh people, it's a meal round at theirs with their wanky friends in the evening, and it's pronounced "sahper".

Obviously it varies from region to region but round here in East Cumbria

farmers etc call their evening meal - supper "Am gan yam for mi supper" and it's anything but posh!

I would always call it dinner and agree supper was something before bedtime - as I was brought up in Brum - but the older generation round here born & bred tend to call it supper - eg the builder whose been working on my spot will say he's off for his supper at tea time..... and it's funny how things like that over time do change your vocabulary

Can't we all just get along?

I only threw supper into the ring in jest!

No problem.

I certainly do. Just had a go at it there and it works great. Unfortunately I'm not let near the guitars in the band. I'll be standing up front playing pocket billiards.

To end the confusion, it was the remnants of a sweet and sour prawn and chicken dish with fried rice and cashew nuts. It was my dinner for that particular evening, although previously in the day, a Canadian friend asked what I was doing for supper. I told him about the sweet and sour, so I don't know. Can't we all just get along?

Much_ado_about_nothing_movie_poster.jpg

Parry must have been really pissed up yesterday

Mike Parry@mikeparry8Reply

Stan Collymore is a bully. He gave the Aston Villa team coach driver a video of him having sex with a famous woman and wanted it played out

Parry must have been really pissed up yesterday

Mike Parry@mikeparry8Reply

Stan Collymore is a bully. He gave the Aston Villa team coach driver a video of him having sex with a famous woman and wanted it played out

Thought everyone knew it was the Fulham team coach he gave it to ??

No problem.

Much_ado_about_nothing_movie_poster.jpg

Who's playing me?

For me its:

Breakfast

Dinner

Lunch is for wimps.

Depends when you have your breakfast I guess? I have mine at roughly 7am so need lunch around 1pm. Dinner is about 7pm.

I guess if you get up late or don't work then you might be able to get away with just two meals

Â