General Chat

Stevo985

Remember on Top Gear the other week where Rowan Atkinson was talking about how hew uses his McLaren F1 supercar most days and has done loads of miles in it.... he won't be using any more...

LONDON – British media say actor Rowan Atkinson, famed for his "Mr. Bean" television shows and films, is recovering in hospital after crashing his supercar.

The 56-year-old comedian, also known for the "Blackadder" historical comedy shows, was expected to be discharged on Friday after treatment for a shoulder injury, the Daily Mirror reported.

Atkinson's spokesman could not immediately be reached.

Police and firefighters both said that a vehicle crashed late Thursday close to Haddon, a village about 85 miles (137km) north of London.

The car struck a tree, a lamppost and caught fire, authorities said. Firefighters said the driver was not trapped and he was taken to hospital.

Atkinson was driving his McLaren F1 supercar — one of the world's fastest road cars, the newspaper said.

Looking at it its the same car.

Jepp, looks that way

It was the second time Atkinson had crashed the powerful vehicle, having ploughed into the back of a Rover Metro in Lancashire in 1999.

and

A spokesman for McLaren said: ”We are discussing with his team about bringing it back to assess the damage and look at repairing it.

”It has a carbon-fibre chassis which is more repairable than normal cars.

”Our first concern was Rowan and we’re pleased that he is stable.

”We have a responsible team at McLaren and we keep in touch with F1 owners around the world.

”The first thing we do is make sure the car is safe. We will then investigate it and any work that is required we will be happy to undertake.”

Talking of cars does anybody know how easy it is to replace the full wing mirror that isn't electric. Both of mine are sort of taped on at the moment so I bought 2 new one's off Ebay. It's the whole part though, not just the mirror bit.

Can't believe the number of people on here who want Bellamy at Villa.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: if we sign that pondlife, that's me finished with Aston Villa until he's gone. I feel that strongly about it.

Mike, is this supposed to say Barton, or are there 2 players you would 'quit' villa for?

Freudian slip (easy to see how it could happen, no?), I meant Barton.

Bellamy I detest and would stretch my patience with Villa pretty far. But Barton would break it.

I'm in the same boat. i wouldn't be finished with Villa if we signed Barton, but it embarrasses me that there are people who want him here, and if we signed him I'd be ashamed of the club for probably the first time ever.

why? hes had problems but is a footballer. Were not buying role models, were buying footballers.

Because I care about the image of the club. And signing Joey Barton would seriously taint that image.

You might not care, but I certainly do.

I wouldn't employ Joey Barton to paint my garage, let alone represent my football team. I hope he tweets himself to death.

I dont agree with whats hes done in the past but people make mistakes. I dont see that hes anymore of a risk than some of our existing players. Look at the alleged Dunne issues around christmas time and his treatment of other players. I think Bartons mellowed.

Â