General Chat

Stevo985

Anybody have any idea on how long the post office keeps parcels for after an attempted delivery? I've only just realized and the attempted was last Friday. I'm at work until tonight so won't be able to get it until tomorrow, if they still have it. Also, the postman has somehow managed to write a different name on the card (don't know how or why), I am not a Mr. Richards, would they need ID of that name?

It depends if it's recorded or not, but IIRC they keep standard items for at least a couple of weeks so you should be ok collecting tomorrow. The name could be a problem however, as it's meant to be the ID of the person it's addressed to.

The delivery was parcel force.

The name thing is really niggling me though. I bought the items off Ebay, can't think why the **** the driver has put Richards. I haven't got a clue who that is unless it's the guy who sent them. The address is correct and everything else. Not sure what to do.

We are in one of those periods where off topic is much better than VT.

I'm not sure if this has ever happened in transfer window before!

It happens EVERY transfer window!

Crumbs, is VT main forum ever better than off topic?

Well the VT forum is the reason we're all here in the first place.

Maybe the quality is not better, but during a transfer window it was always the first place I (and many others I assume) would go and also the most active area of the site.

I think the fact we are resigned to not signing anymore players has put a stop to this though.

VT is still mainly where I go because that's my main passion and thing I feel most comfortable talking about. I like off topic but admittedly the level of debate in 90% of threads goes beyond my level of understanding so I just read and learn in the hope, one day, I can get involved in serious debate :lol: (for example, National service thread/world in freefall) if you haven't gotten a perfectly constructed arguement in off topic, it's going to be ripped apart by the same people. 8) Most threads seem to turn into politics which I have next to zero understanding about.

Once I have read threads to try and grasp basic knowledge, I then laugh at amusing gifs and funny pics thread :)

Well the VT forum is the reason we're all here in the first place.

Maybe the quality is not better, but during a transfer window it was always the first place I (and many others I assume) would go and also the most active area of the site.

I think the fact we are resigned to not signing anymore players has put a stop to this though.

really? The problem, here and on H&V, with the main fora(ums) is that there is only so many times you can argue 4-42 against 4-3-3 and whether Makoun is any good or not. Similarly, it gets boring wanting to suggest the latest Norwegian player so and so thinks would be brilliant whilst A Someone says that they've have an ITK that so and so is signing because their brother's girlfriend's hairdresser lives next door to someone who decoartes the inside of aston martins and they overheard someone saying that they were buying a house in the area and will be having a medical.

It all gets so tedious.

my last day in work at my first post uni job after 2 and a half years! It was only supposed to be a temporary thing, but went on a bit for various reasons! looking forward to some freedom now - before going back to do a Masters in september. Celebration time this weekend!

Â