General Chat

Stevo985

I think I need an avatar...what do you people recon? I think I'm sick of being a snowman but I think that is kind of me now, should I have one and if so what should it be?

500px-Spudgun.jpg

Or go for the Lego version from my Bottom nativity

WP_20140225_010.jpg

IMG_1376-1.jpg

• Like 2

You remember that time??? **** awesome how did it feel in the morning when you looked back on your posts???

I actually quite enjoy the odd night when I have a drink and the only company I keep is my music and my fellow VTers

p.s. I have only changed it twice

Although I apparently account for probably a good 89% of likes that everyone receives :)

If it wasn't for you and Levi, I'd be on like 17 likes. Like.

I'd quite happily have the 'like' function removed from my account. I'm so shallow I keep a track of my total and fret if I've written a killer line and nobody has 'liked' it, or even worse, I've ended up one short of a little gold star.

• Like 2

Although I apparently account for probably a good 89% of likes that everyone receives :)

If it wasn't for you and Levi, I'd be on like 17 likes. Like.

I'd quite happily have the 'like' function removed from my account. I'm so shallow I keep a track of my total and fret if I've written a killer line and nobody has 'liked' it, or even worse, I've ended up one short of a little gold star.

Plus then you're getting into an etiquette thing of it too. If someone 'likes', and then replies to your post, is it good manors to 'like' their reply? I'm also conscious of liking the same person's posts too many times in a row, so as they don't think I'm a weirdo who is becoming obsessed by what they're saying on the internet. It's a whole new thing to be neurotic about.

I do like to work out ratios of posts to likes, to see what percentage of my posts are liked too. Then it's a little game to try and keep above your average.

Edited by dAVe80

I think the 'like button' is useful for acknowledging somones post when you can't think of anything to write in reply or useful if you agree with someone. But I don't really think there's much point in keeping a running tally of likes and the gold star thing seems a bit childish to me.

Â