General Chat

Stevo985

**** hell lads, we should start a football team, "Depressed FC". Mind you, everyone would want to play in goal. Less running around...

For me, physical fitness is often the only thing that keeps it at bay. Go to the gym, go for a run, buy a bike and ride the arse off of it.

I play football 3 times a week and it cheers me up for the rest of the week. Monday/Tuesday are my low days.

It's a bit of a vicious circle at times. Too much physical activity and you drain your happy resources. If you take drugs to regulate your serotonin levels they do too good a job you end up zombified, unable to get "up" (literally in my case).

A high protein diet is a pretty good regulator I hear. Not enough research into it, but well worth a try. Throw some shakes into your diet and see how it goes.

**** hell lads, we should start a football team, "Depressed FC". Mind you, everyone would want to play in goal. Less running around...

For me, physical fitness is often the only thing that keeps it at bay. Go to the gym, go for a run, buy a bike and ride the arse off of it.

I play football 3 times a week and it cheers me up for the rest of the week. Monday/Tuesday are my low days.

It's a bit of a vicious circle at times. Too much physical activity and you drain your happy resources. If you take drugs to regulate your serotonin levels they do too good a job you end up zombified, unable to get "up" (literally in my case).

A high protein diet is a pretty good regulator I hear. Not enough research into it, but well worth a try. Throw some shakes into your diet and see how it goes.

The thing about exercise is, whilst I completely agree with you that it's great for getting your mood up, I find I get a bit anxious beforehand (even though I'm well used to it) and if I get into a routine and then miss a session or two, I feel really guilty/down about it.

Not a problem for me because I (fortunately) don't get depression or anxiety attacks or anything. But I@m not sure how that would affect someone who did.

If that makes sense?

I have a very similar response to yours above Stevo. The anxiety beforehand is soon outweighed by the act itself, the guilt over missing the odd session is used as a motivator to not do it next time. Just need to remind oneself now and then that I'm a human! Plus, your body needs rest.

I'm in a weird place right now. Anxiety caused by stress. Not depression though, fortunately. Physical exercise, be it strength training or now cycling too are the only constants in my life. Barring injury they're always readily available. If I start stressing out about that too I'm truly ****!

I have a very similar response to yours above Stevo. The anxiety beforehand is soon outweighed by the act itself, the guilt over missing the odd session is used as a motivator to not do it next time. Just need to remind oneself now and then that I'm a human! Plus, your body needs rest.

Yep, I'm exactly the same. I'm just not sure how that anxiety/guilt would weigh upon someone with a more fragile disposition

Unrelated, but reading this back:

Not a problem for me because I (fortunately) don't get depression or anxiety attacks or anything.

I sound a bit like I'm gloating, or being a bit patronising. For anyone reading, that's not how it's intended.

Just had my first driving lesson and managed not to bin it into a hedge. 

Ah, but did you drive through a puddle, or did you manage to miss them all? Either way, I reckon there's a Daily Mail story here somewhere.

• Like 1

I'm in a weird place right now. Anxiety caused by stress. Not depression though, fortunately. Physical exercise, be it strength training or now cycling too are the only constants in my life. Barring injury they're always readily available. If I start stressing out about that too I'm truly ****!

If I wasn't so skint I'd take you out for a pint down the Jackdaw and Stump in Homerton, then exercise anxiety would be the least of your worries.

If I wasn't so skint I'd take you out for a pint down the Jackdaw and Stump in Homerton, then exercise anxiety would be the least of your worries.

Just looked it up.

Yeah...

No.

Thanks for all the replies to my post a couple of pages back. The thing is, I don't feel down or depressed as such. Maybe its anxiety? Saying that, had a good laugh at work today and feel great. In fact, is work the only thing keeping my head about the anxiety infested waters. That is a depressing thought! 

I think I just need a holiday. And exercise. 

• Like 1

Bgsdu20CQAA-vOV.png

Following on from the above, some of my friends have been 'forced' to shut down their FB pages by their other halves when they have started a relationship with them. You can imagine the derision this has caused from the rest of the group. 

Â