General Chat

Stevo985

Glass, piece of paper or card, trap it, slide the card/paper under it, put it outside.

I have no idea why people are so afraid of spiders and can't get rid of them without killing them, it takes all of a minute.

• Like 1

Glass, piece of paper or card, trap it, slide the card/paper under it, put it outside.

I have no idea why people are so afraid of spiders and can't get rid of them without killing them, it takes all of a minute.

Are you a vegetarian or something? :rolleyes:

Don't be ridiculous, but senseless killing does not become me. Besides, spiders are cool, and they kill flies, who piss me off no end.

What if (Strange) people came to you with a spider and said "Look, this spider is going to die, either we're going to kill it or you can kill it. If we kill it, we'll also kill another one but if you kill it, we'll never kill another spider again"

What would you do then?

Five cyclists killed in 9 days in London.  

Something more needs to be done because there clearly just isn't enough room on most roads for cyclists.  Travelling by car around Oxfordshire every money and they are all over the country lanes holding up traffic and there isn't enough room to overtake them.

I'm not blaming the cyclists as such as annoying as they are but more needs to be done to make an actual space for them because a lot of roads are barely big enough for two cars driving towards each other.

I frequently annoy my other half with my defence of the spiders. Like many people, she isn't fond of them, but we live opposite a farm which means we get plenty of flies in the summer time. Spiders seem like the best way of controlling them.

Plus they're cool and give the cats something to play with.

I wonder if this topic should be pursued in the Cycling General Chat thread. It is very important to all of us who ride bikes or whose children or parents ride bikes. Wainy has put his/her finger on an important point; we are discouraged from riding on main roads  so retreat to the lanes which are often narrower. I fully realise some cyclists don't help themselves but, as far as I am aware, there is a different attitude in more "traditional" cycling countries; Belgium, Holland etc.

• Like 1

Â