General Chat

Stevo985

On 15/07/2023 at 20:42, Marka Ragnos said:

What's the best way to offer help to a colleague you're not very close to but who has just been given a cancer diagnosis and facing serious surgical procedures? This kind of thing always confuses me ...

I watched this recently, and it's very relevant to your question. It's the brilliant Hank Green, currently going through his own Hodgkins lymphoma journey, giving out the responses he got after asking that very question, and advising on some of the 'do nots' as well.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, stuart_75 said:

Hang on...a UK mile and a US mile are different?

Mind blown!

Not any more both use the standard internationally recognised mile (1.609 kilometers)

They did use to be different

But just don't look up the differences between an Imperial Gallon, a US Dry Gallon and a US Liquid Gallon

• Like 3

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Not any more both use the standard internationally recognised mile (1.609 kilometers)

They used to be different

But just don't look up the differences between an Imperial Gallon, a US Dry Gallon and a US Liquid Gallon

Found that out the messy way when topping up the gearbox oil in the Mustang...

• Haha 1

just job hunting at the moment, the market is very very different to even a few months ago, so many of the positions have 100s of applicants....this is for cyber/tech based roles....had a few recruiters, external and internal to companys reach out to me and a few interviews set up so lets see what happens.....been forced into this position as everything else is going up including wages but my company didnt deem us juniors worthy!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Why put Barley in squash? 

Helps you win tennis matches, I dont drink Barley Water and I have never won a tennis match, I saw John McEnroe drink it and he won some matches.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Helps you win tennis matches, I dont drink Barley Water and I have never won a tennis match, I saw John McEnroe drink it and he won some matches.

Makes sense. Never thought of that. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I don't, but I've been considering it, and I see the appeal.

Pros:

• It gives you a convenient little shelf
  • In many bathrooms it means you get to look out the window
  • In my bathroom I'd be able to wash my hands without getting up
  • If an intruder gains access to attack you, they'll be so freaked out by you sitting the wrong way they'll run away

Cons:

None come to mind.

I think i’d have to have my legs uncomfortably wide to make it work. 

35 minutes ago, Genie said:

I think i’d have to have my legs uncomfortably wide to make it work. 

You'd have to remove your trousers and pants completely

• Haha 1

Â