General Chat

Stevo985

22 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Did you pay with a credit card? If they're refusing to fix their own mistake, I'd jump straight to requesting a chargeback.

Debit unfortunately.They are arguing that the size is correct as states between 9-11 years old but it looks like it will fit a 6 year old.

I always wondered what hell would be like. Well, Sainsburys at 4pm today was it. 

I only wanted a sausage roll! Nearly started swinging haymakers. 

• Like 3

You ever have those moments where you want a big hole to swallow you up. Just been to a pantomime up the social club where my wife works. We were front row seats and the people doing the pantomime kept interacting with the audience. I fell victim a couple of times and then they tried getting me up to do the makarina. I nearly died.

Edited by Rugeley Villa
  • Like 2

Unless you are a teacher and lucky enough to get 8:30  to 15:30 with an extended lunch break then I thought it had always been 9:00 to 17:30 ? Certainly that's been the norm all my working life 

• Like 1

My first job (started in 1997) was 9:00 - 17:30, which with an hour lunch is the standard 37.5 hour week.

My current one s 9:00 - 17:00, 35 hours per week, but in reality I do many more. 

19 hours ago, Xela said:

I always wondered what hell would be like. Well, Sainsburys at 4pm today was it. 

I only wanted a sausage roll! Nearly started swinging haymakers. 

Mere Green?

I was there at about 2pm yesterday and it was horrendous.

To be fair, it wasn't just the amount of people, but the staff had left loads of those trolleys they carry around the stuff for stacking shelves with all over the place.

I hate supermarkets at the best of times. But that was horrible.

In 30 years I've never known it be anything but 35 to 37 hours official. More if you want to 'get on'.

But yes, agree on the point about productivity. People will expand tasks to fill the time.

I'm lucky to work somewhere small and privately owned. When there's a shed load of work, I do a shed load of hours. This last week, I rolled in late, went home early and Thursday lunchtime declared I'd see everyone in the New Year as I'd 'finished'. It's quite impressive how tasks can be turned around when it's finish and home, rather than finish at 5:30 regardless.

-----

In other news, I've just been to the supermarket. Definitely quieter than expected. The staff were pulling down the Christmas decorations and peeling the star and snowlflake stickers off the windows! I reckon by mid afternoon there'll be displays of easter eggs.

22 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

When there's a shed load of work, I do a shed load of hours.

My clients think im the hardest working bloke on the planet and my mates all think I spend all my time on holiday 

guess that means I've got the balance right :)

• Like 4

3 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Unless you are a teacher and lucky enough to get 8:30  to 15:30 with an extended lunch break then I thought it had always been 9:00 to 17:30 ? Certainly that's been the norm all my working life 

Â