General Chat

Stevo985

I had a pretty cool dream last night too, I was a policeman trying to solve a murder on a train (original, I know) and I was undercover as a gynaecologist.  Not sure why the train needed a gynaecologist but anyway, it was the train's butcher that did it and I saw quite a few fannies.  I actually woke up laughing my tits off.  I love dreaming, and sleeping in general.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

I had a pretty cool dream last night too, I was a policeman trying to solve a murder on a train (original, I know) and I was undercover as a gynaecologist.  Not sure why the train needed a gynaecologist but anyway, it was the train's butcher that did it and I saw quite a few fannies.  I actually woke up laughing my tits off.  I love dreaming, and sleeping in general.

POST OF THE YEAR CANDIDATE

Any pics?

13 hours ago, maqroll said:

I had an EPIC dream last night. And I cannot remember any of it. 

Hate it when that happens

Speaking of sleeping, does anyone jerk when they sleep? Like your sleeping then your body moves uncontrollably for no apparent reason?

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Speaking of sleeping, does anyone jerk when they sleep? Like your sleeping then your body moves uncontrollably for no apparent reason?

I sometimes do a twitch right at the point where I'm about to drop off (and then wake up).

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Yep, kind of like a sleep kick.

For me, it's not totally dissimilar to that sensation where it feels like you've just fallen into your bed. Very disorientating.

20 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

I've heard it derives from us sleeping in trees, so we'd quickly grab onto branches to stop our fall.

But I don't remember sleeping in trees and I asked my dad if he does and he said no.

Well of course he'd say that.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Yep, kind of like a sleep kick.

For me, it's not totally dissimilar to that sensation where it feels like you've just fallen into your bed. Very disorientating.

Apparently they say this happens when your soul is trying to leave the body and your body rejects that from happening hence the jerking/kicking. It is strange

Just now, lapal_fan said:

Only a **** idiot would say that. :lol:

Does seem strange to me as well :crylaugh:Net says: These myoclonic twitches, jerks, or seizures are usually caused by sudden muscle contractions (positive myoclonus) or brief lapses of contraction (negative myoclonus). The most common circumstance under which they occur is while falling asleep (hypnic jerk).

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Apparently they say this happens when your soul is trying to leave the body and your body rejects that from happening hence the jerking/kicking. It is strange

Is it becasue as some of your muscles relax your brain sends out an urgent message just to make sure parts of you are not dead,  I am going into too much detail here I know.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

You lost me at "soul". 

• Like 3

Does seem strange to me as well :crylaugh:Net says: These myoclonic twitches, jerks, or seizures are usually caused by sudden muscle contractions (positive myoclonus) or brief lapses of contraction (negative myoclonus). The most common circumstance under which they occur is while falling asleep (hypnic jerk).

Copy & Paste job if ever I saw one.

• Like 2

Â