General Chat

Stevo985

I know this is going over old ground.

But I don't know who the woman in those pictures is...

(really, somebody give me a name or a clue)

In this case, you have an excuse.

The first is Renee Zelwegger (off of bridget Jones)

The second is Uma Thurman (off of Pulp fiction and kill bill)

They have new faces

Desperate actresses clinging somewhat ungracefully to "youth" in an attempt to get work and stay relevent in an industry that in 90% of cases stops giving a shit once you hit 40.

EDIT - on a similar if tangential note, I am the only one who thought that "fat" Zelwegger in the Bridget Jones films was way fitter than "thin" Zelwegger in Me, Myself & Irene.

Edited by Eames

I know this is going over old ground.

But I don't know who the woman in those pictures is...

(really, somebody give me a name or a clue)

In this case, you have an excuse.

The first is Renee Zelwegger (off of bridget Jones)

The second is Uma Thurman (off of Pulp fiction and kill bill)

They have new faces

phew  .. cause for a minute I thought you were trying to say that Picture A was the before and Picture B the after    ....

Edit ....

I'm not going to mention that I thought they were before and after of the same person.

Nope, I'll keep that to myself and just nod sagely as the conversation goes on.

oh heck ..... wish i'd read the rest of the thread now  before posting

yeah , ermm me as well , at no stage did I think they were the same person ..move along now , nothing to see here

Edited by tonyh29

My Grandad died today :( he was 98 so a good innings. Its horrible what old age and cancer eventually does to people who are so proud and strong during life. Hands down the nicest person I have ever met who has had such an immeasurable influence on me as a person. 

Wish I could have had one last drink with him.

Sorry to hear it Nicho. Sucks no matter what age, even if it was a damn good one :thumb:

My Grandad died today :( he was 98 so a good innings. Its horrible what old age and cancer eventually does to people who are so proud and strong during life. Hands down the nicest person I have ever met who has had such an immeasurable influence on me as a person. 

My condolences. All my grandparents passed away within a couple of years of each other, and all from different forms of cancer. Although they're gone, I still have the memories, and I'm sure you will. Unfortunately there's not really any words that will make the pain any less, but with time it will get easier. Here's to your Grandad anyway. 

Sorry to hear that Nicho, that sucks :(

Another fun packed day... nearly fainting at the hospital after having more blood taken (shouldn't have skipped breakfast!) before being prescribed another 8 tablets to take daily on top of the 9 I am currently on. I rattle when I walk now. All this while being insanely busy with work.

Never been one to show any signs of outward stress before but I must admit to being on the verge of losing it at the moment. 

...and breathe. 

What happened to leemond, I love his drunk posts, I feel as if he hasn't posted in ages.

Maybe he volleyed someone in the Jaw, and is spending some time at her Maj's pleasure?

Â