General Chat

Stevo985

I went to a soup party last night.

5 couples had been nominated to make various soups, the rest of us just had to turn up with drinks, bread and our own bowl and spoon.

The soup was lovely, as was the bread and the wine. But over all, I don't see me bothering with that particular format with those particular people again. It turned into an evening talking work rather than general nonsense so I just shut up eventually and just fed their dog kilos of cheesey bread.

• Like 1

I wonder which of the soups is most middle class.

I think the home made olive bread probably won that one.

They didn't even have any music on 'so we can hear each other talk'. Completely the wrong party for that to be a good idea.

But at least now I have a great in depth knowledge of the work going on to merge two local authorities without adversely impacting on children's services. pffff

I wonder which of the soups is most middle class.

Vichysoisse.

there was a hot version of vichysoisse on offer!

along with oxtail (with obligatory roughly hewn artisan hunky chunks of oxtail meat), clear chicken and barley, ham and mint, tomato and pepper

to be fair they were all really nice especially the barley broth thing

but I just ended up really stressed about whether their inter departmental mail merge would go well on Monday  

• Like 1

But nothing beats a good shit.

One of those where you could punch the air with delight.

You know what I mean?

you'd have to be very careful punching the air with delight not to break the glass table

/voiny alert /

Â