General Chat

Stevo985

8Pints - not sure if you are registered with the mobile app and thus received 13 notifications of my various 'likes'.  I noticed you were 13 shy of 4000 likes and my OCD kicked in.

RU0GorW.gif

I am 1,284 likes away from 4000.

Go!

• Like 3

For example, this thread hadn't been touched since yesterday.

We now have two annoyance threads, three movie threads and a bloody Christmas thread

yep it seems like we are living in Hollywood where everyone has ran out of ideas so they 're-boot' old threads

'the most underrated .............'

'the most overrated ............'

'this pisses me off but shouldn't'

'this pisses me off but should'

'best film ever'

'worst film ever'

we had a 'best moment of your life thread yesterday' I'm just waiting for Michael Bay to sign up to the forum and come exploding in with a 'worst moment of your life' thread

well I didn't get the job that I was going after, I have just had the feedback and apparently out of 30 applicants I came in 5th place (they took on 4 people) I gave one of the best interviews it was a really tough decision for the last position but ultimately the 4 people they took on had more experience that I did.

Or, they told all 26 unlucky applicants that they were 5th choice...

We have talked about everything it is possible to talk about to be fair.

What's your thoughts on the pedestrianisation of Norwich?
Decent album, but not as good as their debut.

We now have two annoyance threads, three movie threads and a bloody Christmas thread

yep it seems like we are living in Hollywood where everyone has ran out of ideas so they 're-boot' old threads

'best film ever'

'worst film ever'

we had a 'best moment of your life thread yesterday' I'm just waiting for Michael Bay to sign up to the forum and come exploding in with a 'worst moment of your life' thread

Although the 'things that piss you off that should' thread is bordering on the most pointless ever, its refreshing to see new threads created rather then continuing the same old 'general thread' which imo kills off topic.

Remember when I started a thread about 'how much do you have in your account'. Received a barrage of abuse.

'best film ever'

'worst film ever'

Although the 'things that piss you off that should' thread is bordering on the most pointless ever, its refreshing to see new threads created rather then continuing the same old 'general thread' which imo kills off topic.

Remember when I started a thread about 'how much do you have in your account'. Received a barrage of abuse.

No **** wonder.

• Like 2

'best film ever'

'worst film ever'

No **** wonder.

Why? I don't know you. You don't know me. Why would it be such a problem. It's a question you wouldn't ask a friend. But a stranger on an online forum what's the **** problem? Its interesting.

'best film ever'

'worst film ever'

No **** wonder.
Why? I don't know you. You don't know me. Why would it be such a problem. It's a question you wouldn't ask a friend. But a stranger on an online forum what's the **** problem? Its interesting.
Its a massive dick swinging contest, and one that can't be backed up, rendering it way more pointless than any of the existing threads.

I've got a million in my account. I win lolz

• Like 4

I just found out that my 26 year old cousin killed himself last night. He had schizophrenia and has had a real hard life since his teen years. Things have been so bad that I had thought this was inevitable somehow. It is such an awful disease. It robs people of their spirit. I hope he finds peace now. Im on my way to Philadelphia, see you guys next week.

I wasn't sure if I was going to post this, because it's not something anyone wants to hear, but suicide, for whatever reason, is a scourge and it needs to be discussed more openly, without the immense stigma around it.

Sorry to hear maqroll, thoughts are with your family.

Working in mental health I encounter it monthly. Not much you can do about it unfortunately but what you can do is try to tackle the illness itself, education & knowledge gets better as the years go on and joe public becomes more exposed and aware and the stigma becomes less. The hard part is when you realise there is such a **** long way to go despite the improvements.

• Like 3

Yeah, sorry to hear that pal, that's a real shame. Hope you and your family get through it.

I lost a family member a few weeks ago myself though admittedly not through suicide so I can't totally relate.

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 1

Â