Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Spurs beat Bolton on Saturday in the FA Cup he will be back arguing that statistically if you only include games on that Saturday, Spurs have a better recent record in the FA Cup than Man Utd, Arsenal and Liverpool combined.

I can see them cheating a win over Bolton, so Sunday is my bet.

Is that game at the Reebok as far as i remember they have a poor record there

:lol: It's not just bad, it's atrocious. They haven't won there since the 95/96 season and that is their only Premier League win there.

Spurs' record away to Bolton in the PL era is

P  W D L  F  A PTS
11 1 4 6 11 19 7
[/code]

[i]EDIT : And that doesn't include a 6-1 battering in the '97 League Cup.[/i]

This RedCafe thread more or less sums it up with regard to Spurs

I don't care what anyone says, they're a pile of shite. Always bottling it when they can gain ground on other teams. I mean, if you want to play Champions League football, you've got to go to places like Wolves and get at least a draw.

Same old Spurs every season, they buy a ton of household names i.e. Gudjohnsen but just don't compete. It's like some of the lads on here who cry their eyes out when we buy Valencia instead of a fancy named player that they'd buy on the Football Manager computer games. It doesn't work like that and Spurs are living proof of this.

Good teams are made up of stars and hard working, honest players. Spurs just don't have these, they are a group of individual names who just couldn't put together a string on wins if their life depended on it.

In other surprising news, beer is tasty and Megan Fox is sexy.

Spurs are shit and the bottling words removed will gift 4th spot to Liverpool or City. rocket polishers.

The only upside is that GlastonSpud won't darken the doors of this place until the next transfer window opens. Huzzah!

what do you expect with Harry "buy and sell your arse at the drop of a hat" Redknapp as manager?

Most Cockney clubs lack any sort of bottle and are a bit of a sham. Look at the mess West Ham are in ffs...West Ham...flinging money around like they're a European Force, the **** wannabe fuckwits.

Fulham are a propper club, shame their fans aren't arsed.

Their revolving door policy gets them nowhere.

They'll sell good players this summer, and with the money they'll buy more good players they'll sell the next summer.

My god they were shit last night - they only have the one way of playing - hoof to Crouch and build up from the knockdown.

If in games like last night he is completely nullified and taken out of the game - Spurs' game plan falls apart, and they have no way whatsoever of changing it.

In theory, its perfect - I mean, Crouch is 6'8 or whatever and he should win the vast majority of knock downs, and if they have players like Kranjaer (sp!), Modric, Gudjohnson(Keane in years gone by), Defoe, etc looking to pick up scraps and build pressure in the opposition's defensive third, then its likely to yield results....

But when Crouch isnt performing, they lack the ability to go from this hoof it up from right back to striker (peeled off to the fullback so everyone knows where that knockdown is going.....) to a passing side - which is why they'll end up with **** all, in 7th place (a good finish for a club like Spurs mind) and 'Arry telling everyone how he should be managing England at this world cup.

Absolutely devastated by the result last night. I just couldn't understand how Wolves could have won. But then I realised that it can't have counted, it didn't mean anything.

I mean Wolves are an old fashioned team with an old fashioned name for their stadium. Most of their success came in the 50's and 60's and to top it all they scored their goal post 19:45 so it doesn't mean anything at all!

Â