Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never mind Spurs have still won 2 top flight league titles and no european cup and have 15 of the last 18 seasons outside the top 7!

Nothing the deluded spud can say or do will change their overall inferiority! :D

Yes but because that happened in the post war era, I'm sure it counts double for Tottenham, am I right Glaston?

:P

I don't recall Spurs either coming 1st or 2nd in the top flight post the year the Vietnam War ended :D

Never mind Spurs have still won 2 top flight league titles and no european cup and have 15 of the last 18 seasons outside the top 7!

Nothing the deluded spud can say or do will change their overall inferiority! :D

Yes but because that happened in the post war era, I'm sure it counts double for Tottenham, am I right Glaston?

:P

I don't recall Spurs either coming 1st or 2nd in the top flight post the year the Vietnam War ended :D

I don't remember Tottenham winning anything to be honest, that was before my time, and I was born way back in the 1900s ... 1990 :winkold:

Movie news: Hollywood’s latest epic tells the moving tale of a Premier League manager who tries to gets away from it all after another defeat by hiding on a Sioux reservation in South Dakota, only to find himself the butt of the joke again when the Indians discover who he is and give him a new name. Kevin Costner stars as Harry Redknapp in Loses to Wolves.

:clap: South Dakota mentioned, FTW!

I fail to understand why people who love football continue such campaigns of hatred against Redknapp.

He loves the game, plays the game in the right way and respects the tradition of the game.

'Arry talking sense

because he's a grade A arsehole. He's a liar, a crook and an absolute gobshite. Then theres how he operates, he cares not about the clubs he's at its all about him and how much he can line his pockets with and you'd be surprised at the way he does that, that includes some extremely fraudulent behaviour involving bookmakers and hprse racing

I fail to understand why people who love football continue such campaigns of hatred against Redknapp.

He loves the game, plays the game in the right way and respects the tradition of the game.

'Arry talking sense

because he's a grade A arsehole. He's a liar, a crook and an absolute gobshite. Then theres how he operates, he cares not about the clubs he's at its all about him and how much he can line his pockets with and you'd be surprised at the way he does that, that includes some extremely fraudulent behaviour involving bookmakers and hprse racing

Nothing would surprise me, but then we have had celebrated Villa players who go home and knock their wives about, Villa managers who allegedly have lined their own pockets during transfers, or who allegedly support murderous terrorist organisations.

I just look at it from a football perspective, and the guy has a lot more respect for the traditions of the game than some of the other managers.

And look at Spurs' goals scored column this season. On that basis they are the only ones who are trying to keep pace with the so-called 'big 4', and that's because they are sent out to try to win every game.

'Arry talking sense

If he respected the game so much he wouldnt have took so much money out of it

Top 10 wealthiest managers:

1 Fabio Capello (England) £30m

2 Roy Keane (Ipswich) £27m

3 Sir Alex Ferguson (Manchester United) £22m

4 Carlo Ancelotti (Chelsea) £17m

5 Sven-Goran Eriksson (Notts County director of football) £15m

5= Arsene Wenger (Arsenal) £15m

7 Harry Redknapp (Tottenham) £10m

8 Rafael Benitez (Liverpool) £9m

8= Martin O'Neill (Aston Villa) £9m

10 Mark Hughes (Manchester City) £8m

Do Capello, Wenger and O'Neill not respect the game either then?

'Arry talking sense

To be honest I fail to understand how you can think any different to the majority of people who see him for what he is.

Yes his teams play nice football and the 'right way' and I have never disputed that but it doesn't mean I have to like him as a person because frankily there isn't a single reason to like him.

There is though a long long list of reasons to dislike him many of which have been detailed on here many many times. But to briefly recap, I don't like the way he is in bed with the media, I don't like the way he uses the press and his friends in it to get stories out about his transfer targets, I don't like the fact he talks so openly about other teams players and other teams transfer targets.

I don't like the fact he flogged a house for an inflated fee to a player he signed on a Bosman, I don't like the way he conducted himself at Villa Park a couple of years ago and then again with the help of his mates put out a smoke screen.

I don't like the fact that he shows no loyalty to anyone, Pompey to Southampton to Pompey then almost to Newcastle, then to Spurs. I don't like the way he behaves like he was above the law when the police were looking into his activities, I don't like the way he thinks he was cheated out of the England job.

I don't like his face. I don't like his son. I don't like the fact that people close to him were rumoured to have made a lot of money out of betting surrounding his managerial moves. It may well not be true who knows but its funny how its often him that is the focus of these stories.

I don't like the fact he is currently the subject of a court case in which he is accused of tax invasion or that he has an air about him of pure arrogance in relation to the case.

I don't like his face, I don't like his voice and I sure as hell can't **** stand his son.

I don't like the fact he is a hypocrite. He slated Spurs fans for their abuse of Sol Campbell but oh then along comes a nice big cheque and he is off to Spurs.

I don't like the way he has gone back to Portsmouth for so many players via his best pal and come away with deals like Krancjar for £2m.

I don't like his stupid **** face or voice. Did I say that already? I did? Oh well I don't. I don't like his twitch either.

All in all as a person I'm really, really, really don't like him and no matter how his team play or the approach they have for the game that won't change.

As for him 'respecting the tradition of the game' in what sense does he doe this? Because he takes the FA cup seriously? Doesn't really carry much weight with me that.

If MON were a murdering, rapist, tax evader who battered old ladies for a hobby, but brought you lot CL football you would still think he is wonderful :winkold:

Football, that's what I think about, and for that reason I like 'arry a lot better than some in the game.

If MON were a murdering, rapist, tax evader who battered old ladies for a hobby, but brought you lot CL football you would still think he is wonderful :winkold:

Football, that's what I think about, and for that reason I like 'arry a lot better than some in the game.

That is a bit of a odd point.

Would I care if O'Neill behaved like Redknapp but got us success? Well I'd like the success but dislike the man just the same as I don't mind Redknapp's football but can't stand him.

I also think about football, again an odd point, I just don't really like people like Redknapp in the game to be honest whatever the brand of football.

Do you think some of Clough's behaviour was acceptable or that he was likable simply because his sides played good football?

Clough had some very very admirable qualities such as his style of play and his refusal to let players hassle refs. I admired those things about him greatly, I didn't though like him or some of the more questionable things he did along the way.

It is possible to seperate football from the person you know. Although that said there is a lot about Redknapp as a manager I can't stand either.

Â