Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

Good :detect: work, Rev...nonetheless, massive pressure on AVB already, and in my opinion, he seems to have a bit of a problem with winning the dressing room...My prediction is he's sacked by the New Year.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the hell happened to Bentley, anyway?

Possibly the big fish/small pond scenario at Blackburn where he shone in a team that was never destined to do too much. He moved to London to a bigger club at the same time his technique was being sussed.

A number of players have looked brilliant over the years, only for it all to fall apart when they move to a bigger club. Steve Sidwell at Chelsea for one - he should have either stayed with Reading or moved to a club where he was likely to play some football.

The same can be said for the younger players signing for big clubs, like the way Citeh seem to hoover them up from their rivals. Promising players that never get to play competitive football, then either lose their will/interest or simply aren't good enough to oust the foreign international the club bought to 'assist with their development'...

I do wonder if younger players have learned from the mistakes of the likes as Francis Jeffers that they shouldn't move into big club straightaway, but they probably think they're gonna be like Wayne Rooney who gets to play instantly.

I do wonder if younger players have learned from the mistakes of the likes as Francis Jeffers that they shouldn't move into big club straightaway, but they probably think they're gonna be like Wayne Rooney who gets to play instantly.

Franny Jeffers didn't regret the move one bit. He got injured with the recurrence of a previous injury which he knew was always on the cards, he went to increase his wages and Everton knew about the injury. Oh and Everton only got £1mil for him, the rest of the £10mil supposed fee was in add-ons based on appearances. Arsenal gambled on his fitness and Everton suspected he was a crock so gladly let him go, the player suspected he was a crock too. He got a bigger pay off from Arsenal than he would have from Everton

Franny Jeffers didn't regret the move one bit. He got injured with the recurrence of a previous injury which he knew was always on the cards, he went to increase his wages and Everton knew about the injury. Oh and Everton only got £1mil for him, the rest of the £10mil supposed fee was in add-ons based on appearances. Arsenal gambled on his fitness and Everton suspected he was a crock so gladly let him go, the player suspected he was a crock too. He got a bigger pay off from Arsenal than he would have from Everton

Ah, I didnt know that. I take it that injuries ruined his career.

Ah, I didnt know that. I take it that injuries ruined his career.

Well sort of, he was never the same again after that injury, he'd already lost his place in the first team to Henry but he was never the same player after it. He still plays today (currently training with Tranmere whilst looking for a new club), he's only 32ish but I think he's one of the few England One Cap Wonders that actually has a goal to their name too.

What the hell happened to Bentley, anyway?

Possibly the big fish/small pond scenario at Blackburn where he shone in a team that was never destined to do too much. He moved to London to a bigger club at the same time his technique was being sussed.

A number of players have looked brilliant over the years, only for it all to fall apart when they move to a bigger club. Steve Sidwell at Chelsea for one - he should have either stayed with Reading or moved to a club where he was likely to play some football.

The same can be said for the younger players signing for big clubs, like the way Citeh seem to hoover them up from their rivals. Promising players that never get to play competitive football, then either lose their will/interest or simply aren't good enough to oust the foreign international the club bought to 'assist with their development'...

Well both Bentley and Sidwell came through at Arsenal so I presume they had some experience of how things work at a 'big club'.

I guess they both figured they had dropped down to smaller clubs and done their time then earned their chance to go back to a bigger club again.

I think Steve Claridge is a very very good pundit. That bloke talks a lot of sense, calls it as it is and is full of common sense. Dion Dublin is good too and I also have a lot of time for Souness when he's on.

Sky seem to go for the bad boys for some reason - Merse, Charlie, Besty, Marsh.

Frank Mclintock was ok but seems to have retired ?

I quite like the MOTD panel, Lineker, Hanson, Lawro, Shearer all generally call it fairly.

& I like the different comic book approach to MOTD2 it's a good blend.

You change your mind a lot don't you?

In another thread you were absolutely slating Lineker if I remember correctly.

Â