Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope AVB stays at least for the season, he's doing a fab job

Spurs fans are saying the same thing about Lambert ;)

As long as they don't read Villatalk, Spurs fans don't even realize how much you hate us. In general Spurs fan would be totally ambivalent about Villa doing badly. When you saw us as rivals, we didn't see it like that, as Liverpool and City were the teams we thought were our biggest threat.

I hope AVB stays at least for the season, he's doing a fab job

Spurs fans are saying the same thing about Lambert ;)

As long as they don't read Villatalk, Spurs fans don't even realize how much you hate us. In general Spurs fan would be totally ambivalent about Villa doing badly. When you saw us as rivals, we didn't see it like that, as Liverpool and City were the teams we thought were our biggest threat.

Most Villa fans dont realise either. This thread is kept going by about a dozen very noisy individuals, and to this day I cant figure out any good reason for the hate beyond that we were the first team to play against Harry Redknapp after the Panorama broadcast and he took the ribbing the Holte gave him far too personally and that Glastonspur who used to post on here was a bit of a cock. It's not representative of Villa fans at all.

AVB has already become very, very wealthy for failing miserably at Chelsea.

Looks like he'll do the same thing at Spurs, how much does he stand to make for **** up there I wonder?

The guy is an enormous joke, made the step up to the big time far too soon, should have stayed at Porto.

Spurs are my second favourite team, only because my brother supports them! Levy is the best chairman in the PL IMO.

He is a fantastic chairman, but for someone with such a good academic background, I wish he'd apply it a bit more to the football side of things. By far his biggest fault is that he seeks advice and listens to people. But virtually everyone in football benefits from over complicating the game and exaggerating the importance of so many factors. If he actually took an academic approach to things and carefully went through a bit of football history, I think he'd see the reality is very different to that sold to us via the media/pundits etc.

We ended up with Ramos, as Levy bought into this completely flawed idea of a tactical genius or super coach. He's done the same again. But the idea that these people exist, just doesn't stand up to any decent scrutiny, which is true of so many football theories.

Football is an insanely simple game. There simply isn't to scope for all the bollocks we read to make that much of an impact. So the idea that there is some special coach out there who can make up for the fact our turnover is about £100 million less than our rivals, is completely stupid. Yet Levy seems to think there is. Maybe 20 years ago, this sort of thing was possible, but there are no secrets in football these days. There just isn't scope for a competitive advantage without spending more than your rivals.

I really don't understand how AVB managed to get the Spurs job after failing so badly with Chelsea. Whats worse is that it really doesn't seem like he has learnt much from his mistakes from Chelsea.

The only good thing is he got you Dembele who your next manager will be very happy to work with.

He earned quite a reputation with that wonderful treble winning Porto team of 2010/11. Domestic double, unbeaten in the league (only dropped 6 points all season) and European success.

Now how much of that success was down to AVB and how much of it was down to having a bang in form attack of Falcao and Hulk is open to debate. Falcao and Hulk have continued to be excellent though...

I don't particularly hate Spurs, I just hate Redknapp. Now he's not that I really don't care about them one way or the other.

Harry was shit on MotD. EVEYRONE is a triffic, fantastic or top player/manager.

He probably thinks he's still manager of football team and MOTD is chance for him to talk about other players.

Â