Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RIP Bournemouth :(

He's already nearly achieved that once...

That's not actually true though is it?

They were fined a million pounds for fan riots. In the 80's this is an enormous amount of money for such a small club. That is what bankrupted them. Redknapp made a profit for them in the transfer market. Though debt increased, it was at a much lower rate than it had been increasing before he joined. Under Harry they had their most successful period on the pitch.

Bournemouth are a funny club. They seem to yo yo every couple of years between on the brink of going bust and starting again in the Dorset league and then suddenly having a sugar daddy in charge.

Joey, any offering on what went wrong with Bentley? I remember at the time I was really disappointed you signed him ahead of us.

Bournemouth are a funny club. They seem to yo yo every couple of years between on the brink of going bust and starting again in the Dorset league and then suddenly having a sugar daddy in charge.

Joey, any offering on what went wrong with Bentley? I remember at the time I was really disappointed you signed him ahead of us.

I was really pleased when we signed him. But if I'm honest I probably just judged him on highlights I saw of him in which he scored some great goals. Who actually watches Blackburn games other than their fans?

Right from the start it was obvious he wasn't good enough, but many of us refused to accept this, probably due to being brainwashed by MOTD highlights and people comparing him to Beckham. I kept waiting for him to settle in, but after a while it became clear that he wasn't taking his time to adapt, but that he just wasn't very good. As much as I wanted him to come good, there was no denying he was slow, he got knocked of the ball very easily, he gave it away all the time and his crossing really wasn't even that great either. He did have a good shot though, hence looking so great on highlight clips.

Yeah he fitted in well at Blackburn which was a workmanlike side under Hughes but the likes of him and Santa Cruz gave them that touch of quality to win games on occasions.

Not sure going back to London was the wisest move, think he's been involved in a few drink issues off the pitch?

There's a good player there. He's failed for a number of reasons. He is one of the slowest wingers I've ever seen. That doesn't have to be much of a problem, but when you're brought into a team and a system that is used to having Aaron Lennon racing down the wing and cutting balls back, the lack of pace becomes much more significant.

His best attribute being his crossing was ultimately a useless asset at Spurs, who have been terrible at scoring from headers and deep crosses for years.

While that is none of his fault, as he was just a wrong fit for the team, he does seem to have issues with his mentality which haven't done him any favours.

I think when he signed for Spurs, right around the time the media were hyping him up as the new Beckham for England, he let it go to his head somewhat. There seemed to be a complacency of someone who has decided they've hit the big time.

It's a shame as off the pitch he looks like a great guy to have around. All of the training videos, interviews etc have always shown him as a Gascoigne-esque comedian, which must have been great for morale at the club. And I've not seen too many players that have looked as delighted as he did when he signed for Spurs.

• 3 weeks later...

shocker, as bad as Suarez but no mention in media

It was featured on MOTD2 but Lawro laughed it off saying you've got to see the funny side of football sometimes. I can guarantee that had it been Nzogbia trying to get Reina sent off in the same way he wouldn't have found it so amusing.

Â