Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So this Vila-Boas bloke...

I know it's fashionable slag him off and say he dosen't have a clue but the stats aren't good, 4 defeats from 5, kept only one clean sheet this season aswell.

If you look at some of the games, I think they'e lucky to have as much as 17 points as QPR and Norwich battered them at WHL and yet Spurs got 4 points from that. Even in our game there was little in it at 0-0 so if Benteke scores his chance I reckon we wouldn't have lost that.

Like him or not but Redknapp was a good fit for that club and squad.

They lost their 3 best players and now, with the injuries they have, their pretty shit. I'd usually be worried about going to WHL after the least few years, but now it seems anyone can get at least a point there.

They have been incredibly over hyped over the last few years though because of how much the British media bummed 'Arry.

They benefited the last few seasons from Liverpool becoming shit and Chelsea having a mare of a season last year (funnily enough half of it under AVB), and if it wasn't for these two things I don't think they'd of finished 4th, 5th, 4th the last few seasons.

The way its going this season I fancy Everton and WBA to finish above them now.

Losing those players has killed them, same as when Liverpool lost Alonso, Mascherano and Torres. If you sell them and don't replace them with good enough substitutes you're going to struggle.

They will be alright and probably finish 5th. I'd say they have the 5th best squad so that probably makes sense. If they finish ahead of Arsenal then they will have done well.

Though the quotes from AVB yesterday saying that Spurs controlled the whole 90mins yesterday are a little worrying. I'm not sure which game he was watching...

cant blame AVB for yesterday, for me Spurs were on course for a rout over Arsenal until Adebayor made the stupid tackle.

for example MON has had a worse start than AVB yet no criticism from him from the xenophobic media

Yes, the only one to blame for the loss against arsenal is Adebayor. Before he got sent off spurs had 4-0 in shots at goal and arsenal could hardly get even near the spurs goal. That was a stupid, stupid tackle that probably cost spurs the game.

Spurs fans are pretty pissed off about Adebayor as well they might be.

He has done **** all so far this season after his big money move. He plays in the derby and gets sent off after 15mins so now he's out for 3 games which will neatly take him up to the African cup of nations where he can go spend another month and a half over there.

Adebayor does this. He'll have a good season with a fantastic attitude and work rate when it counts, and then he'll get his new contract, or his oay rise or his permanent move, and then thinks he's sorted and becomes lax and his attitude wobbles.

Don eit at Arsenal, City and looking like Spurs might be next.

Somone like good 'ol lovable 'Arry can get something out of those players as he's a good Man-Manager, however AVB is a very different kettle of fish, more from the Rafa Benitez school of how to have relationships with your players, and with this approach players like Adebayor can become a distraction.

Adebayor has had a back injury and has only been fully fit for a couple of weeks. He's been totally committed when on the pitch worked his backside off. He made a stupid challenge. But any suggestions he's somehow less committed than last season seem foundation less to me. He was easily our best player against Man City and other than Sandro was probably our best player before the sending off on Saturday.

You guys were dominating up until that point, cost you the match. But that's football I guess.

We've dominated the first 20 mins of games against big club loads of times and still lost. Last season we were 2-0 up and strolling, but then the game turned and we couldn't get close to Arsenal. In one of Martin Jols last games we went a goal up against them and were all over them, but still lost.

A lot of people are making a big deal of how well we were playing because they want to see positives in AVB. But never have we dominated a game against a top side from start to finish. Every single time there are periods when we dominate, followed by periods when the opposition dominate. See both our games against Chelsea and Arsenal last season for proof of that.

Adebayor certainly had a negative effect, but I think it would be naive to say we would have won had he not been sent off. A large section of our support are really trying to big up our performance and it's cringe worthy. I don't think it's a game which should be used to criticize AVB or the team, as 10 v 11 away to Arsenal is tough. But there are so many embarrassing threads on SPurs forums, praising AVB's tactics when we were down to 10 men and posters saying how proud they were of the performance. I was pleased AVB was positive in his second half subs, but at the same time I'm not going to ignore that Arsenal wouldn't have been playing at maximum intensity knowing they had a man and a 2 goal advantage. The fact we dominated the ball for a while in that second half was pleasing, but at the end of the day it didn't work and I can't see Arsenal being so tame had it still been 0-0.

We've dominated the first 20 mins of games against big club loads of times and still lost. Last season we were 2-0 up and strolling, but then the game turned and we couldn't get close to Arsenal. In one of Martin Jols last games we went a goal up against them and were all over them, but still lost.

A lot of people are making a big deal of how well we were playing because they want to see positives in AVB. But never have we dominated a game against a top side from start to finish. Every single time there are periods when we dominate, followed by periods when the opposition dominate. See both our games against Chelsea and Arsenal last season for proof of that.

Adebayor certainly had a negative effect, but I think it would be naive to say we would have won had he not been sent off. A large section of our support are really trying to big up our performance and it's cringe worthy. I don't think it's a game which should be used to criticize AVB or the team, as 10 v 11 away to Arsenal is tough. But there are so many embarrassing threads on SPurs forums, praising AVB's tactics when we were down to 10 men and posters saying how proud they were of the performance. I was pleased AVB was positive in his second half subs, but at the same time I'm not going to ignore that Arsenal wouldn't have been playing at maximum intensity knowing they had a man and a 2 goal advantage. The fact we dominated the ball for a while in that second half was pleasing, but at the end of the day it didn't work and I can't see Arsenal being so tame had it still been 0-0.

I have to say there's a big difference between you and that glaston fellow. He'd probably say that Adebayor was wrongly sent off by the ref.

Anyway, this was the first spurs game I watched apart from our loss against you and from what I saw you had them in the bag before the sending off. arsenal couldn't even get the ball near your goal. But then again, games have had more dramatic turns than that one. But to me you looked like the only possible winners. That Sandro is a very good player, I have to say.

Well, that was a very rare spurs praising from my side. Back to hating you. ;)

If any of you are on twitter just type in #Spurs and you will see a picture of a wound from a Spurs fan. Horrific to say the least.

(Oh and don't look if you're too squeamish).

Wish I'd heeded the warning. That was a pic I didn't need to see.

If any of you are on twitter just type in #Spurs and you will see a picture of a wound from a Spurs fan. Horrific to say the least.

(Oh and don't look if you're too squeamish).

**** hell. Warning should definitely be heeded for that one. Just hope the guy is OK...

Â